violater_1968
Sunday, June 24, 2007 8:46:23 AM
Ok guys/gals seems there was a major problem with the company that did Frontier days in Lynchburg this year. Terri's rides couldn't make it and had to use a fill in. I have been in listed to get a list of names and numbers that are willing to do a 3 day event which runs Thursday thru Sat night the 3rd week in June.I have been there and it draws a great crowd on those nights. JUST PM ME WITH CONTACT NUMBERS AND WHAT IS NEEDED AND I'll submit these to the county executive who will make a descion. Please help me. Thanks
violater_1968
Sunday, June 24, 2007 8:52:13 AM
Also please let me add, if you have a website please put in your link.

Thanks again
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, June 24, 2007 11:49:56 AM
Ok Vio:

Do you really want to wreck things for the co. that they brought in. A man must start somewhere.

You can always hop on your tricycle and search out and find the rides you want to boost your keister.

And if they really were bad for some reason, then post some ride grosses ( if you know what that means) for the last five years. Nobody will be interested unless you post some
$$$$$$ figures.

Did it ever occur to you that the spot may not be that good and that they are fortunate to get anything.
UserPostedImage
violater_1968
Sunday, June 24, 2007 12:55:31 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Pinetar

Ok Vio:

Do you really want to wreck things for the co. that they brought in. A man must start somewhere.

You can always hop on your tricycle and search out and find the rides you want to boost your keister.

And if they really were bad for some reason, then post some ride grosses ( if you know what that means) for the last five years. Nobody will be interested unless you post some
$$$$$$ figures.

Did it ever occur to you that the spot may not be that good and that they are fortunate to get anything.

CHECK YOUR PM.
violater_1968
Sunday, June 24, 2007 12:56:33 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Pinetar

Ok Vio:

$$$$$$ figures.

I apoligize if this sound like bashing but I'm not.
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, June 24, 2007 4:29:47 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by violater_1968

Ok guys/gals seems there was a major problem with the company that did Frontier days in Lynchburg this year. Terri's rides couldn't make it and had to use a fill in. I have been in listed to get a list of names and numbers that are willing to do a 3 day event which runs Thursday thru Sat night the 3rd week in June.I have been there and it draws a great crowd on those nights. JUST PM ME WITH CONTACT NUMBERS AND WHAT IS NEEDED AND I'll submit these to the county executive who will make a descion. Please help me. Thanks

Are you actually on the Committee????
What exactly was the "Major Problem?"
Are you just a concerned citizen that wants more for your town than what it actually calls for?
What exactly is a Great Crowd?
What's the Gross and Nut?

Is this the same spot that did'nt want Terrys back because they always brought the same rides?
violater_1968
Sunday, June 24, 2007 5:22:28 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by with-it

Quote:

quote:

Are you just a concerned citizen that wants more for your town than what it actually calls for?

Is this the same spot that did'nt want Terrys back because they always brought the same rides?

People have complained for a while about Terri's but they put them in a contract. Terry booked elswhere which left the committee in a scramble to get a fill in and the fill in wasn't what they expected.
I can get the info needed but only to those requesting it. I was asked to do this cut me some slack.
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, June 24, 2007 6:37:24 PM
Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

People have complained for a while about Terri's but they put them in a contract. Terry booked elswhere which left the committee in a scramble to get a fill in and the fill in wasn't what they expected.
I can get the info needed but only to those requesting it. I was asked to do this cut me some slack.

Belive me, I did cut you some slack....
Just answer the questions the best you can...
What kinda complaints have there been?

By NOT answering the questions some potental operators won't even bother with the spot since you can't tell us the reason if there is a valid one for this topic...You can't come here and say there was a "Major Problem" without stating what it was...In all fairness to the guys that played it they might of had a good time with no issues what so ever then you come here and say there was "Major Problems" but fail to go into details...So please enlighten us to the issue at hand.....
JustinJames
Sunday, June 24, 2007 6:37:53 PM
I've heard the "great crowds" line... Douche chills run up my spine when I here it. LOL
Missin it
Sunday, June 24, 2007 9:35:39 PM
sounds as if expectations could be the operative word here
"Everytime you open your mouth you make it harder and harder to take you seriously"
V. Boombotz

If you can't defend your self don't make stupid comments (please)
Pizzagod
Monday, June 25, 2007 12:46:47 AM
Sorry if this sounds like you're being ganged up on, but I'm afraid that's the way that most of the committees are; They have a spot with maybe 10,000 attendance and they want a State Fair midway.

If you are sincerely involved in looking for a new midway you need to supply realistic attendance figures, previous gross sales, and all the particulars. This is our livelihood; you can't expect us to deal with vague terms. The better and more direct your questions, the better chance you have of not being disappointed.
For one dollar I'll guess your weight, your height, or your sex.
violater_1968
Monday, June 25, 2007 1:04:11 PM
Guys I AM SO SORRY if I am taking things the wrong way. With it I am especcially sorry to you about cutting me some slack. I was having a bad night and I TOOK IT THE WRONG WAY. Sorry. I talke to the county executive about the carnival and she has heard some complaints also about the equiptment. I will be talking to the person tonight( taht is over the the frontier days. I will let guys know on what she says and the county exect is looking for me to help them as much as possible. To the questions envolved

Iam not as of this time on the committee( chamber of commerce) will talk to her tonight about joining. I am offering my help to them.

The records at this time is unknown, will be discussed tonight.

Even tho the event is only 3 days, the attendence was up this year but not posted( read in local paper).

All I ask is that ya'll be pateint and I will try and get the infomation needed.

Terry booked elswhere during the time needed and it was not discussed, but they were very unhappy with the type of rides brought in for the fill in.I know last year there was rain storms taht caused them to open the rides late( don't know if that had anything to do with it.
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, June 25, 2007 1:24:48 PM
If there is no gate there is no way to actually tell attendence...I seen plenty of Newspapers report "Record Crowds" all the time....So that's really no way to judge what the spot is....

This is a clear case of a Committee wanting more and it blowing up in thier faces....Committees always expect the Show to bring new stuff but they keep the same ol stuff....

I had one that said that I brought the same stuff and I told them I seen the same people too....So what have they done? Nothing.
violater_1968
Monday, June 25, 2007 2:22:04 PM
Quote:

quote:

If there is no gate there is no way to actually tell attendence...I seen plenty of Newspapers report "Record Crowds" all the time....So that's really no way to judge what the spot is....

This is a clear case of a Committee wanting more and it blowing up in thier faces....Committees always expect the Show to bring new stuff but they keep the same ol stuff....

I had one that said that I brought the same stuff and I told them I seen the same people too....So what have they done? Nothing.

That is what I am gonna try and find out what is happening. I want help them. I know what you are saying about the same people and the rides. They don't have a gate so I don't know how they figure the attendence but maybe she will let me ask her when I call her.
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, June 25, 2007 2:26:11 PM
No gate needed. Who sold tickies, need ticki report. I thought you chief executive of chamber, you mean you ain;t shee?
UserPostedImage