butterfly in reverse
Saturday, June 16, 2007 8:31:40 PM
I am doing a speech for prerequisite speech class and wanted to discuss Carnival Safety as the topic. I need some ideas for resources because there is a requirement that they not all be online sources (which means they can't be AIMS, NAARSO, IAAPA, etc only). I need some other medias. Any ideas?
What about videos? I am looking for approx 30 second videos that are downloadable to include in the powerpoint, and all I can find are the kind that can't be saved.
In the State of Texas, the Department of Insurance is the regulating agency for carnivals, but I can't seem to find any information on their site either. I couldn't think of any other place to go for better help than I could get here. Any advice or helpful hints would be nice. Thanks everyone.
“The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right.” ~Mark Twain
showpeople
Sunday, June 17, 2007 8:44:10 AM
If they can't be online sources, how in the world can you be expected to research anything. EVERYTHING about ride safety IS online. Where else could you go??
"Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see with your own eyes"
http://www.travelingcarnivalmidways.com 
http://www.ridemanuals.com 
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, June 17, 2007 8:56:51 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by showpeople

If they can't be online sources, how in the world can you be expected to research anything. EVERYTHING about ride safety IS online. Where else could you go??

She says they "not all be online "....So most of them can be from online...just not all of them.
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, June 17, 2007 2:22:37 PM
Drop the dime and call Flamo for an interview on safety, have a recorder handy.

Consult with the bonafide ride jocks here and get their opinion.
UserPostedImage
butterfly in reverse
Sunday, June 17, 2007 3:55:57 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by showpeople

That is exactly the question. I was wondering if anyone might know of a source that publishes anything in print as far as statistics or even legislation. I only need one hard copy, verifiable not online source, and I thought someone here might know of something. I have changed the topic though, due to this drought of usable information, and am just going to chronicle the evolution of the carnival. I already own a wealth of that sort of thing. And after all those years on the road, I certainly have plenty of stories of my own from those that lived it.
Thanks for the suggestions.
For the record, I would still like videos, if anyone has any. The older the better...
“The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right.” ~Mark Twain