Sue
  •  Sue
  • 50.42% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Wednesday, May 30, 2007 4:33:03 AM
proves that park accidents do happen, some rider error and some operator error: from the ITPS newsletter, Cleveland Scene:
http://blogs.clevescene....ve_amusement_park_di.php 
I've never felt comfortable in a walk-through funhouse since that SFGA accident. I visited the park not long before that happened and remembered seeing that walk-through. The last time I went into a walk-through, the kids were using their cellphones as lights to see their way through - way better than matches or lighters in the old days.
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, May 30, 2007 4:51:45 AM
Thanks, Sue.

I can't see where the incident at Cedar Point deserves reporting at all. And as for reseaching the top 5 disasters that's a waste of newsprint unless you consider the lack of disasters and the amount of victims. In reality it shows how safe this industry is, an impressive safety record. In fairness we should report all of the traffic or home accidents.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
Bowler Roller
Wednesday, May 30, 2007 2:27:57 PM
I just hate that people think traveling rides are more dangerous than park rides
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
JustinJames
Wednesday, May 30, 2007 6:16:15 PM
What kills me is the lack of compasion for a tragid horrifying and brutal death in some of the writers passages. Very tastless.
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, May 30, 2007 6:31:19 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by JustinJames

What kills me is the lack of compasion for a tragid horrifying and brutal death in some of the writers passages. Very tastless.

Not many reporters have taste. They want to sensationaize the event and push thier point of view...........
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked