Trucker090
  •  Trucker090
  • 50.18% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Monday, May 28, 2007 5:24:31 AM
I wonder what kind of ride this was. It said they were waiting for all the seats to load. Also the ride had not moved when he fell. The operators should of stayed with the ride.

http://www.telegraphindi...hedpur/story_7839653.asp 

Fatal fall at amusement park
OUR CORRESPONDENT
Jamshedpur, May 27: A youth in his early 20’s had a fatal fall from the giant wheel at the Disneyland Art and Handicraft Mela at Sakchi this evening.

The victim’s identity could not be ascertained as he was alone and no one present at the mela could identify him.

The staff operating the giant wheel have fled the spot.

When the police arrived, not a single person from the management was present to answer queries or give details about the time of accident and defect in the giant wheel that could have caused the mishap.

“The accident took place at 5.00 pm. The gate for visitors had just opened and the operator of the giant wheel was waiting for all the seats to be occupied when this youth came,” said an eyewitness. Unfortunately, within five minutes the victim fell down from his seat and became unconscious. The staff operating the giant wheel fled along with visitors sitting on the seats.

“The victim was left to die there. Some of the employees of the organisers came to know about the accident and immediately took him to Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Medical College and Hospital where he succumbed to injuries,” he said.

Sources said after the body was taken away, the staff operating the giant wheel returned, but only to destroy the evidence. “About 10 to 12 buckets of water were thrown on the spot where he fell down. Once they ensured that no blood was visible at the place, they fled,” said an eyewitness.

Deputy superintendent of police Madhusudan Bari said the youth is probably from Gaya, Bihar. “We have recovered a diary from his pocket. Based on the information found, his name is Santosh K. Gupta. His father’s name is Ajay Prasad Gupta,” he said, adding that the mela organiser has been asked to produce the owner of the giant wheel and the staff on duty at the time of the accident.

The mela manager, Chandra Shekhar, said the victim was under the influence of alcohol and probably slipped from the giant wheel. “One of the staff members told me that the victim was advised not to undertake the risk. He fell even before the giant wheel started rolling,” he said.

<h5>"If you cant run with the BIG dogs stay on the porch"</h5>

UserPostedImage

http://wwwseattlewheel.ning.com
cny_chris
Monday, May 28, 2007 5:38:43 AM
Ummm... Trucker, did you read the article?

Quote:

quote:

The staff operating the giant wheel have fled the spot.

"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
Trucker090
  •  Trucker090
  • 50.18% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Monday, May 28, 2007 9:49:29 AM
I read it but they said it had not moved and they were waiting for the seats to fill. How do you load seats without moving it?
<h5>"If you cant run with the BIG dogs stay on the porch"</h5>

UserPostedImage

http://wwwseattlewheel.ning.com
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, May 28, 2007 10:51:07 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Trucker090

I read it but they said it had not moved and they were waiting for the seats to fill. How do you load seats without moving it?

Hold the ride until the seats AT THE LOADING AREA are full.....
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked