mikecroaro
  •  mikecroaro
  • 56.2% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Sunday, May 20, 2007 2:34:19 PM
Hi Folks:

Drove down to the Chowchilla-Madera County fair in Chowchilla, CA. The drive took 2.5 hours and the weather was in the low 80's.

Ken Johnstons "Carnival of Fun" provided the carnival. They have done so for a few years. I last saw this show in 1997.

Ride lineup included

Eli 16 Eagle Wheel
Bumper Cars
Graveyard Dark Ride
Gravatron
Zipper
Crazy Surf
Yo-Yo (The one sometimes seen on Midway of Fun) Ran fast & tilted.
Sizzler (running very slow)
Wisdom Tornado
Jungle Gym style funhouse
5 kiddie rides
10-15 games

"Super Tickets" were $2.00 each or 12 for $20.00. Each ride took one ticket I over heard several people complaining because the carnival did not offer a POP wristband this year.

For the most part the rides were in good cosmetic condition.

Mike
WestCoastPat
Sunday, May 20, 2007 4:25:24 PM
Thanks for the report Mike. Ken is the owner of the only TURBO that I have found in the USA. It never is used, but he still owns it so it is within his right to think it is worth its weight in gold. The owner of American Family Shows used to set it up when it belonged to Ken's brother Sam.
WestCoastPat-Proud Mark of all things Carnival. STILL a "FAN BOY"-and proud of it.
WestCoastPat
Sunday, May 20, 2007 6:39:31 PM
I have talked to him many times in the past. The biggest thing is that without a good man to move the ride it won't even get set up. The main cylinder was rebuilt, but not quite right, so it leaks down. If you know how to set it up and keep it running the piece is still a drawing card but it is 2 trailers and we know how that is in todays economy.

I asked him one time how much to make it mine. He thought a minute and said for only $50,000.00 I could take it home. Yea right. I think the last time it was used was as an independent at the Big Fresno Fair-and that was a lot of years ago. The ride belonged to his brother at one time. They were in the habit of buying and selling back and forth.
WestCoastPat-Proud Mark of all things Carnival. STILL a "FAN BOY"-and proud of it.
Trucker090
Sunday, May 20, 2007 7:36:58 PM
Thanks for the trip report.. Do you have a picture of the turbo??
<h5>"If you cant run with the BIG dogs stay on the porch"</h5>

UserPostedImage

http://wwwseattlewheel.ning.com