chuck walls
Tuesday, May 8, 2007 3:56:20 PM
Strates Top Spin will be back on the midway this year, the Rainbow and Pirate are park in WQ, for sale Sky wheel, sky diver, Zamperla Convoy, Kid Power, Super Sizzler, Demon World, Monster Tubs, Scooter cars, so for you Top Spin guys it's back, and you Rainbow and Pirate guys ???
chuck walls
unclewallyjr
Wednesday, May 9, 2007 5:50:49 AM
You're right. The gear boxes came in for the Top Spin and Walt Sr. is getting it ready for the opener in Danbury Ct. As far as the Rainbow & Pirate, the Rainbow is very much a long shot but don't be surprised if the Pirate is on the ride list for '08.[;)][;)]
SaraAB
Thursday, May 10, 2007 11:07:03 AM
Any news on strates enterprise?
Tornado
Thursday, May 10, 2007 3:20:57 PM
Believe they still have the Enterprise on the road?
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.72% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, May 10, 2007 3:25:36 PM
Strates' Enterprise was on the road in 2005 & 2006. Any word on 2007?
kimrustykjn
Thursday, May 10, 2007 4:15:14 PM
Very good show to be on. Have not been there because Rusty and I had a baby boy.. But I would love to go back to them. I worked for the Dills in their poppers..
chuck walls
Thursday, May 10, 2007 4:29:22 PM
the Enterprise was on the midway last year, I'm assuming it is this year, with out alot of the big rides off the midway they need to get something back, the Enterprise would be the one.
chuck walls
archived14
Friday, May 11, 2007 5:00:23 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by chuck walls

Strates Top Spin will be back on the midway this year, the Rainbow and Pirate are park in WQ, for sale Sky wheel, sky diver, Zamperla Convoy, Kid Power, Super Sizzler, Demon World, Monster Tubs, Scooter cars, so for you Top Spin guys it's back, and you Rainbow and Pirate guys ???

so these pieces are for sale? Will they be on the road this year? I hope I didnt misunderstand but the only pieces staying behind are the Pirate and Rainbow?
cny_chris
Friday, May 11, 2007 6:31:05 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by gogator

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by chuck walls

so these pieces are for sale? Will they be on the road this year? I hope I didnt misunderstand but the only pieces staying behind are the Pirate and Rainbow?

All of those pieces are parked, some are in WQ, at least one may be in Anderson, SC. None have been out on the road in quite a while, nor would I expect to see them out anytime soon -- except for maybe the Pirate and Rainbow.

As for the Enterprise, I'll see what I can find out when the train rolls into Danbury, CT next month. I'd expect that it will be on the train.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
SaraAB
Friday, May 11, 2007 8:16:23 AM
The enterprise is my favorite ride of all time (yes I've finally decided), so I would be sorely disappointed if it did not show at the erie county fair this year. It would also leave the midway quite empty, there was a year the enterprise didn't show at the ECF and I really don't want to think about that right now... I go straight to the enterprise as soon as I get to the fair! Oh but I do like the top spin as well.

The rainbow hasn't been out in a while so I wouldn't expect to see that out on the road this year. The last I heard about the top spin is that it was questionable for this season and may not show, but it looks like it will be showing this year after all.
SideWinder
Friday, May 11, 2007 8:30:47 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Bill P

Strates' Enterprise was on the road in 2005 & 2006. Any word on 2007?

If they know whats good for them, they BETTER bring that peice out for 2007
Cheney
Saturday, May 12, 2007 6:22:07 PM
They are on the way out it seems. If I had sued that many people I would be trying to hide and get out too.
J-bird
Saturday, May 12, 2007 8:23:52 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Cheney

They are on the way out it seems. If I had sued that many people I would be trying to hide and get out too.

Although we don't understand everything, they are definitely NOT on the way out! I imagine right now they are glad to still be using the train with the cost of fuel being what it is.
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, May 12, 2007 10:10:38 PM
Dont get upset over this guys comment. A new account, and nothing but a strates basher.
42WLA
  •  42WLA
  • 55.22% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Saturday, May 12, 2007 10:43:04 PM
Disgruntled employee no doubt. Strates is looking good and lookin' forward to a great year. They do have some very nice "Huss" rides.
I have done so much,with so little,for so long,I am now qualified to do anything with nothing!