dccradio
  •  dccradio
  • 60.54% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Monday, May 7, 2007 7:09:08 AM
Over the weekend I found out that the L.E. Barnes and Bailey Brothers circus is coming to town this week. I've checked Google and I have searched for a website but I can't find much about them. Anyone know of a website or have information about this show? Thank you.
Mark H
circusguy
Monday, May 7, 2007 4:59:41 PM
The show belongs to John(Golpher) Davenport. He is based in Texas, but rarerly closes his show. Is he playing abuilding or under canvas?
dccradio
  •  dccradio
  • 60.54% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Monday, May 7, 2007 5:13:15 PM
Not sure if it is under a canvas or in a building. The information I got was from our local paper and posters I've seen at area businesses. They state the L.E. Barnes and Bailey Circus and that the performances will be at the fairgrounds and gives performance times. In the past circuses have set up in the hockey arena on the grounds. But there would definitely be room at the grounds for a big top as well. There is also an arena now with seating for a few hundred to a thousand so it could be in that building too. So to answer your question I'm not sure.
Mark H
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Monday, May 7, 2007 6:24:41 PM
he played NW indiana last yer around this time and was under canvas
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
2ndgencarnie
Tuesday, May 8, 2007 5:23:20 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by circusguy

The show belongs to John(Golpher) Davenport. He is based in Texas, but rarerly closes his show. Is he playing abuilding or under canvas?

I haven't heard anything about Golpher in years, wasn't even sure if he was still in the game... i might have to get over there and see him.
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, May 8, 2007 1:55:39 PM
They played here about three or four years ago,Real nice circus! Played here under the big top!
42WLA
  •  42WLA
  • 55.22% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Tuesday, May 8, 2007 2:51:50 PM
I like their name. Sounds a lot like another Famous circus I know of.[:D]
I have done so much,with so little,for so long,I am now qualified to do anything with nothing!