Skywheelrider
Sunday, May 6, 2007 10:17:03 PM
A couple of years ago I purchased two of Joe McKennon's books, A Pictorial History of the American Carnival, Volume Two and Volume Three, each separately. I was trying for volume one, but at the time I took what I could get. LOL Well, I was able to secure a copy of Volumes One and Two in one book, and it came with Volume Three as a package deal, so I went ahead and bid on the package and won. So that left me with an extra Volume Two and Volume Three. So I am looking to sell them both.

Volume Two is a softcover, while Volume Three is hardcover and signed by Joe McKennon. Both are great reads. Anyways, I have them both listed on Ebay, basically for just what I paid for them when I got them.

If anyone is interested, feel free to take a look.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/e...186253&rd=1&rd=1 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/e...188023&rd=1&rd=1 

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
back40
  •  back40
  • 50.48% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, May 7, 2007 2:48:56 PM
Chris, did your set come with the special 3 or 4 page drop in ?
These were the pages that were left out at printing.They did a seperate run and stuck them in the book loose. These are the pages that make a complete set of vol. 1,2,3.
I know that this had been discussed before in another topic about these books.
it's never 'DANGEROUS' being who you are
Skywheelrider
Monday, May 7, 2007 6:15:34 PM
Bran, I have two copies of Volume Three, and only one included the insert, so I am keeping it. So unfortunately, the one I am offering for sale will not have it. That's why I did not mention it.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
cny_chris
Saturday, May 12, 2007 4:13:43 AM
Great books, copies pop up every now and then, but you aren't gonna find any of them on Amazon or in your local bookstore. Anyone know who holds the publishing rights to Joe McKennon's books, and if anyone has entertained doing a new print run of them? Just curious.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy