Hi Roller
Mega Drop
MGR
Hampton Whales
Mini Dino Jet
Choo Choo Charlie
Up Up and Away #1
Kiddie Bumper Boats

I'll say this... They look great so far. Wacky Worm got a needed paint job and looked clean and bright. The Himalaya hadn't been touched yet though. The Twister and Giant Scooter looked great and bright. Fireball was pulling in as we left, looked good as well. I'll be excited to see them before I leave this week that is for sure.

BORED
  •  BORED
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Green Help
Wednesday, May 2, 2007 3:02:39 PM
Justin is the Polar Himalaya the one that Dyke and crew refinished?
Skywheelrider
Wednesday, May 2, 2007 3:58:59 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by BORED

Justin is the Polar Himalaya the one that Dyke and crew refinished?

Yes it is. Simply called "Himalaya" now. According to Dwight, the scenery inside and out has been/is being repainted as well.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
JustinJames
  •  JustinJames
  • 85.68% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Wednesday, May 2, 2007 4:14:20 PM
The Top scenery was all new in West Palm. The bottom scenery is all new now. They are working on the inside tunnel panels as we speak. Dwight said he figures Mount Clemens for the final finished ride.
punkboysa18
Wednesday, May 2, 2007 4:21:06 PM
I thought the Himalaya was being repainted by the guy that did the Tidal Wave and our flight to mars?
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by JustinJames

The Top scenery was all new in West Palm. The bottom scenery is all new now. They are working on the inside tunnel panels as we speak. Dwight said he figures Mount Clemens for the final finished ride.

JustinJames
  •  JustinJames
  • 85.68% (Honored)
Wednesday, May 2, 2007 4:44:32 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by punkboysa18

I thought the Himalaya was being repainted by the guy that did the Tidal Wave and our flight to mars?
Quote:

quote:

I don't know as to who is painting it. All I know is that it's still work in progress.
Skywheelrider
Wednesday, May 2, 2007 4:50:04 PM
Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

TJ Aho is the one that painted the top scenery. I would assume he is painting the rest as well. That would be fantastic, he is one of the best.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
circusguy
Thursday, May 3, 2007 3:13:26 AM
The tunnel panels are still here in Fla., they should be completed in the next couple of weeks. And, yes, TJ is doing the painting.
Trucker090
Thursday, May 3, 2007 4:43:15 AM
Pictures when its all finished?? Please post.
<h5>"If you cant run with the BIG dogs stay on the porch"</h5>

UserPostedImage

http://wwwseattlewheel.ning.com
Himalaya Man
Thursday, May 3, 2007 5:54:22 AM
Inside scenery panels? That's GREAT!!!!!!!! For the new painting of this beautiful ride, will it have skiers and all, or will it be just mountains? Just curious.
JustinJames
  •  JustinJames
  • 85.68% (Honored)
Thursday, May 3, 2007 6:13:08 AM
I haven't seen the bottom scenery yet. But the top is mountains because that's the obvious theme for the top. I'm sure the bottom and inside will be sharp with a nice action scene. I haven't seen Dwight go wrong yet.
Skywheelrider
Thursday, May 3, 2007 11:53:04 AM
Bottom scenery is on the ride now, just saw it, looks fantastic.
punkboysa18
Thursday, May 3, 2007 12:07:00 PM
Ya know what would have been nice??? Maybe a colorful bobsled theme... just thinking outloud. Some very curvy skiers AND bobsleds. LOL[;)]
Himalaya Man
Thursday, May 3, 2007 2:35:54 PM
Now THAT is what I'm talkin' about!!!!!! [8D]

Quote:

quote:

Ya know what would have been nice??? Maybe a colorful bobsled theme... just thinking outloud. Some very curvy skiers AND bobsleds. LOL[;)]

JustinJames
  •  JustinJames
  • 85.68% (Honored)
Sunday, May 6, 2007 5:56:37 PM
Just got back from visiting the show tonight in Taylor. Took the wife and kids. MAN O MAN... nice midway. The Giant Wheel was 99% lit. The Twister, Spider, Scooters and Spinout looked great. Even the Hi Roller had a line and looked good. I shot the breeze with Dwight and Carrie for quite a while as well. The show flat out looked great.

The Himalaya... where do I begin??? That thing has got to be one of the prettiest rides I've ever seen. It's basically a carbon copy of Dwight's old himi on Pugh Shows only much more hi tech. Dwight took me up and gave me the grand tour. The scenery looks awesome and colorful. The lighting is intense to say the least. And the ride itself was just downright vicious. Dwight even let me take a playtime in the doghouse just for fun. Lefty's son (Brad) was there operating it and from what I understand he's there for the season. Brad is a good kid. I've worked with him on the Bobs before and always liked him.

Overall the show looked fantastic to say the least. A few bulbs needed but nothing that a few hours wouldn't solve. They had a VERY long and hard jump into there so I know they were just barely pressed to get open.

The Mega Drop is there and set to go up this week as well. It's been repainted with yellow and a metallic looking purple. VERY SHARP.

Had a blast tonight. A nice way to say goodbye to old friends before heading down to KC. Will try to visit again soon when I come back to finish selling dad's house.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK WADE SHOWS!!![8D]