Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Sunday, April 29, 2007 10:06:35 PM
What is the sickest you can remember being while on the road during a season?
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, April 29, 2007 11:53:22 PM
1.Food poisoning. I became delirious from a high fever after consuming bar-b-cue chicken-Hot Sauce Williams (not the suspect) and suvlaki-(Greek pork and lamb) on a skewer at a Greek Church festival.

I couldn't tear down Sunday night. My dad wasn't happy about that. It took 3 days on the doniker and a box of stick matches to cure it.

2.Food poisoning from a committee sausage joint.

UserPostedImage
rsdoran
Monday, April 30, 2007 12:45:55 AM
I think it was 85 in WPB. I was. at that time, not in good graces with Gregory. On teardown I go sick, have no idea what it was but lile pneumona, high feaver etc.

Anyway I went to office with "collected money" and turned in radio etc.

We tore down that nite, without me. I managed to get up and take secretaries car to get tires then went back to bed.

I had a bus converted camper then so Gregory had me take several people back to WQ in TN. I drove for awhile then had g/f drive, she got tired and had one of the riders drive. The drunk riding with us woke my sick arse up. He said he did not have enough money to buy enough money to buy enough beer to ride with him driving.

I had the driver stop at the next rest stop, slept then took over driving.

All this happened in 5 days, got my arse roally kicked.
Trucker090
Monday, April 30, 2007 3:47:23 AM
I was not sick but something happened to my back and could not move. I layed in bed for 3 days in my camper. I could not tear down and wife had to take care of the games and then move my 2 trailers to next spot. I layed in bed in camper while she drove and every time she hit a bump I cussed. When we got to the spot she opened the door and got the cussing of her life.
<h5>"If you cant run with the BIG dogs stay on the porch"</h5>

UserPostedImage

http://wwwseattlewheel.ning.com
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, April 30, 2007 5:28:13 AM
I got food poisoning from a Hometown Buffet in Arizona, Phoenix area, while set up at the lost miners festival( cant remember the whole name) , and i blew opening, but my wife covered for me. I made the second day, but all i did was blow up inflates while sitting in a chair( next to a bucket). Lucky thing there was a portable outhouse right next to the joint. For some reason, not to many people went in that one....lol
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, April 30, 2007 5:51:33 AM
I got pnuemonia in Canada, kept popping Contac every couple of hours to keep going to get the show up and open. Ended up in the emergency room with a high fever. The Contac had dehydrated me. Two days in bed with tons of anti-biotics and a bunch of other junk from the medical pros got me going again.

I broke my ankle playing ice hockey. The Strongsville annual homecoming was on the next week. I was there on crutches, one of the help, Sparky, wanted to see my crutches, no problem until he took them to the other end of the midway and taped them to a bench. It cause me great pain to walk the length of the midway to retrieve them but I found out I could move with out them.

I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
Bowler Roller
Monday, April 30, 2007 6:51:14 AM
Once, in Baraboo Wi I broke my ribs and came down with pneumonia. Then, because my ribs were broken, I dropped a center joint and broke my hand.

I spent a spot not being able to walk because of heel spurs.

I never took a day off in the business though.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
Mamatiger
Monday, April 30, 2007 9:40:49 AM
50-cent beer & dollar shot nite at a bar in either Jonesboro or Winnsboro, LA [xx(]
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain
Thriller
Monday, April 30, 2007 1:12:47 PM
Speakin since I live in Louisiana. That just goes to show you how the Bars and Clubs are in this state lol.
violater_1968
Monday, April 30, 2007 1:19:12 PM
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by flamo

I got pnuemonia in Canada, kept popping Contac every couple of hours to keep going to get the show up and open. Ended up in the emergency room with a high fever. The Contac had dehydrated me. Two days in bed with tons of anti-biotics and a bunch of other junk from the medical pros got me going again.

I broke my ankle playing ice hockey. The Strongsville annual homecoming was on the next week. I was there on crutches, one of the help, Sparky, wanted to see my crutches, no problem until he took them to the other end of the midway and taped them to a bench. It cause me great pain to walk the length of the midway to retrieve them but I found out I could move with out them.

I hoep you used them on him when you found him!!1[}:)]