J-bird
  •  J-bird
  • 51.68% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Saturday, April 21, 2007 12:17:15 PM
Was wondering if anyone knows what show is playing in Douglas, GA. this week. Thinking its probably Geren Rides.
LeeMullins04
Saturday, April 21, 2007 9:32:55 PM
yes i was there, and it sucked. blacks fighting all nite, and the police scared of them. gotta skip this one next time.
J-bird
  •  J-bird
  • 51.68% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Sunday, April 22, 2007 8:23:01 AM
Tre, you may be thinking of Douglasville; Douglas is a town here in southeast GA., about 60 miles northeast of Valdosta.
rsdoran
Sunday, April 22, 2007 8:48:55 AM
I think I have played it, the fairgrounds are on the outside edge of town? Parking lot all grass, one building that is entrance ? If facing building there is a gate to the right and separate (fenced) lot for travel trailers etc?

If I have the right spot it is where wife told me she was pregnant with daughter.

EDIT: Checked with wife, that was the spot. That would be almost to the month 13 years ago.
J-bird
  •  J-bird
  • 51.68% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Tuesday, April 24, 2007 4:42:53 AM
Yes, its up there close to you, I think near the North Carolina border.....not too far from Toccoa (??).
rsdoran
Tuesday, April 24, 2007 5:09:20 AM
Its east of Athens and southwesst of Anderson, South Carolina. Elberton and Toccoa are both on Hwy 17 with Toccoa north of 85 and Elberton south of it.

My ex was from Anderson and I worked for Doc Hardin way back when, so traveled that area a little.
42WLA
  •  42WLA
  • 55.22% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, April 25, 2007 4:39:19 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by J-bird

Was wondering if anyone knows what show is playing in Douglas, GA. this week. Thinking its probably Geren Rides.

If you mean Douglasville, Carol Stream is at the Arbor Place Mall.
I have done so much,with so little,for so long,I am now qualified to do anything with nothing!
rsdoran
Wednesday, April 25, 2007 4:49:04 PM
42WLA
  •  42WLA
  • 55.22% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, April 25, 2007 4:52:56 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by rsdoran

Carol Stream is in Georgia?

I'm pretty sure, all the licence plates are from Georgia. Yes RS and I was wondering how inspection is gonna go tommorrow. I heard their a little "picky" 'round hear.
I have done so much,with so little,for so long,I am now qualified to do anything with nothing!
rsdoran
Wednesday, April 25, 2007 5:20:16 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by 42WLA

Quote:

quote:

I'm pretty sure, all the licence plates are from Georgia. Yes RS and I was wondering how inspection is gonna go tommorrow. I heard their a little "picky" 'round hear.

Times have changed, its been 27 years for me but then they never left Chicago, WQ was in Carol Stream.
42WLA
  •  42WLA
  • 55.22% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, April 25, 2007 5:28:39 PM
Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by 42WLA

Quote:

quote:

I'm pretty sure, all the licence plates are from Georgia. Yes RS and I was wondering how inspection is gonna go tomorrow. I heard their a little "picky" 'round hear.

Times have changed, its been 27 years for me but then they never left Chicago, WQ was in Carol Stream.

That was before my time when Tim's Dad ran the show. Yes things have changed, we winter in Fl. and never play Chicago. We haven't been to Georgia in a couple of years. hopin' their still pretty friendly hear.
rsdoran
Wednesday, April 25, 2007 5:45:34 PM
Played GA for years, then the inspectors were friendly but went by the book per se. Things like metal stress testing, cable tension (Zipper etc.) testing, had to be done but once a year is all that was required. Naturally have a 5 wire system, sufficient (proper) blocking, and no missing R keys etc. Just talk to them straight and see what their areas of concern are then address them first.