Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, March 27, 2007 10:53:36 AM
Anyone know of any new shows on the road this year, or maybe shows that changed hands? If the big shows make changes, we always hear about them, but the smaller transactions go almost un-noticed.
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, March 27, 2007 11:54:55 AM
I read in "Showtime" that Jeff and Jim Przybyke ( KMG Experiance) bought D'Heilly Amusements
Thriller
Tuesday, March 27, 2007 12:42:38 PM
Yeah I heard that too. D'Heilly is based out of Church Point, LA but now the show is moved not to far from my town in Moss Bluff, LA since Jim and Jeff have it. Vern D'Heilly has been in operation for atleast 11 years.
popcornserver
Tuesday, March 27, 2007 12:55:06 PM
I don't think in today's day, anyone could start a new show. It sure isn't like the past.

I think your topic should have been " How many shows are left?"
There is about 15 in the past two years that I can say are out of business in just the East Coast.
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Tuesday, March 27, 2007 1:17:26 PM
Did Kevin Exumn start a new show last year or did he buy someone out??
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
popcornserver
Tuesday, March 27, 2007 1:23:18 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Ryan

He did a little of both, bought a unit off Crabtree Amusements, added a few of his own rides, and bought a few new rides.
Matt C.
Tuesday, March 27, 2007 1:24:03 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Ryan

He bought a unit of Crabtree and added a lot of his own rides. He bought Skinner's Super Shot and a few other spectaculars from elsewhere.
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, March 27, 2007 4:16:22 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by popcornserver

I don't think in today's day, anyone could start a new show. It sure isn't like the past.

I think your topic should have been " How many shows are left?"
There is about 15 in the past two years that I can say are out of business in just the East Coast.

Well....since what you mentioned isnt what i posted about, why bring up the negative?
Hambone
  •  Hambone
  • 55.16% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Tuesday, March 27, 2007 4:31:18 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by popcornserver

Kal and Gary started a show last year, some of Gary's rides and some rides they bought. No route, no generator, and no help.
Alabama 18 time National Champions Roll Tide
SAFETY FIRST
Tuesday, March 27, 2007 4:40:29 PM
Doug & Christy Barton bought Pride of Texas Shows from Ed Burlingame
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, March 27, 2007 5:07:18 PM
I heard that there is a new show based out of Ohio called Phoenix Amusements . Anyone know anything about this show?
JustinJames
Tuesday, March 27, 2007 5:55:12 PM
I've heard of a show changing management. [;)]
babyhughie
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 3:06:04 AM
I understand that tommy arnold is putting a second unit on the road in michigan this year.I would guess to pick up some dates left open by AJ CARL shows not coming back to the state.
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 3:18:37 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by rhino

I heard that there is a new show based out of Ohio called Phoenix Amusements . Anyone know anything about this show?

That would be Nolan.
UserPostedImage
JustinJames
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 3:20:12 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by babyhughie

I understand that tommy arnold is putting a second unit on the road in michigan this year.I would guess to pick up some dates left open by AJ CARL shows not coming back to the state.

Actually they've been playing 2 units for quite a while now and then comming together for the bigger spots.

Are you saying that Tommy's unit is splitting furthermore to play a 3rd spot per week?