Twister
  •  Twister
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Green Help Topic Starter
Saturday, March 24, 2007 4:27:34 AM
...Best Carnival Ever...

I wish they could run the Florida State Fair all by themselves! Props to Frank for putting on a fine show.

BTW, how is Wade linked with Bluegrass?
JustinJames
Saturday, March 24, 2007 5:15:23 AM
Nope they aren't. Frank plays spots with Bluegrass. But Bluegrass is owned by Mr. Murphy.
Skywheelrider
Saturday, March 24, 2007 7:48:32 AM
I am sure Frank will appreciate the compliments. As for Bluegrass, they book with us in Montgomery, West Palm Beach, and Orlando, we send in rides with them in Jacksonville, Plant City, and Sarasota. That's the extent of the relationship.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Trucker090
Saturday, March 24, 2007 9:56:09 AM
Sounds like if you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours..
<h5>"If you cant run with the BIG dogs stay on the porch"</h5>

UserPostedImage

http://wwwseattlewheel.ning.com
JustinJames
Saturday, March 24, 2007 10:30:59 AM
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by Trucker090

Sounds like if you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours..

That's how the industry SHOULD always be. But too many shows owners are too busy trying to beat the other shows.
Twister
  •  Twister
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
Saturday, March 24, 2007 5:51:37 PM
I do have a question regarding the Twister. I know it is a retheamed Crazy Dance. A 1992 model I believe. I remember back in 1993 the FSF had some new rides. They were the Crazy Dance and Kamikaze. Were those from Wade or Royal American?

For being a 92 road model, it is in great condition. Has Frank ever thought of getting rid of it?
JustinJames
Saturday, March 24, 2007 8:52:28 PM
Probably thought to get ride of it in 2001. The ride looked the worst it could have...

Rethemed that winter. It's been rebuilt just this past season to include the finalized version Dwight had in mind.

BEAUTIFUL RIDE!!! And FAST
Twister
  •  Twister
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
Sunday, March 25, 2007 4:00:51 AM
So, to answer the other part of the question. At the 1992 FSF, was the Crazy Dance a Wade, Bluegrass or RAS model?

Does Wade have the version of the Crazy Dance where the arms can lift the satellites, or is that something Fabbri does per request?
paulmbe
  •  paulmbe
  • 55.74% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday, March 25, 2007 4:38:34 AM
[}:)]Only time to worry is when one of them has both hands on your Sholders[}:)]
"Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, "Holy *, what a ride!"
Skywheelrider
Sunday, March 25, 2007 8:32:37 AM
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by Twister

So, to answer the other part of the question. At the 1992 FSF, was the Crazy Dance a Wade, Bluegrass or RAS model?

Does Wade have the version of the Crazy Dance where the arms can lift the satellites, or is that something Fabbri does per request?

Who knows about 1992. Wade's is not a lifting-arm version.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Sunday, March 25, 2007 8:52:41 AM
wasn't 1992 still royal american at FSF??
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
Pizzagod
Sunday, March 25, 2007 10:11:53 AM
I'm thinking Degeller-maybe I'm wrong.
For one dollar I'll guess your weight, your height, or your sex.
rsdoran
Sunday, March 25, 2007 12:57:30 PM
92 was the first year FSF went independent, or whatever you want to call it. I was there on United with Wade and Farrow. RAS played WPB with us back then and I do not think they were taking rides into FSF at that time. I do not remember a Crazy Dance or Kamikaze being there in 92 but my memory isn't all that good for specific details. If they were there then it would probably have been Wade's or Farrow's since we did not have either.

I may not remember everything we took in but Giant Wheel, T-Bolt, Orbiter, Sizzler, Skywheel, Skydiver, StupidLoop, Hang Ten, Zipper, MGR, and most of our kid rides, may have been more but can not remember. I think we had 2 Skywheels side by side that year. I remember the Hitn2000 being down in backend corner by GW. I wish I had pictures or could remember more.