canadiancarny
Tuesday, March 20, 2007 9:28:05 AM
I was listening to the Ron and Fez show on XM this week, and Ron mentioned he was "of carny stock". Its not the first reference I've heard on the show. I'm not sure if its another gag or not, but it made me wonder about how many famous people got their start in the business. Does anyone know of any?
JustinJames
Tuesday, March 20, 2007 9:37:04 AM
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by canadiancarny

I was listening to the Ron and Fez show on XM this week, and Ron mentioned he was "of carny stock". Its not the first reference I've heard on the show. I'm not sure if its another gag or not, but it made me wonder about how many famous people got their start in the business. Does anyone know of any?

Ron Benington is rumored to have been attached to the biz somehow in the past. Not sure how.

Am I to assume you're a O and A fan too??? If so, COOL!
canadiancarny
Tuesday, March 20, 2007 9:44:47 AM
O and A are abrasive, twisted and cruel. So yeah, I guess I am a fan.
BUB
  •  BUB
  • 52.62% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Tuesday, March 20, 2007 9:46:24 AM
add bubba to the list as a kazarny supporter. there was a guy in burlington iowa who was connected also in 2000 and 01.
what the ????
reddotagent
Tuesday, March 20, 2007 10:26:49 AM
I don't know for fact..But heard Johnny Carson was in the biz at one time..anyone else here of this rumor?
BSA Mike
Tuesday, March 20, 2007 11:47:19 AM
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by BUB

add bubba to the list as a kazarny supporter. there was a guy in burlington iowa who was connected also in 2000 and 01.

are you refering to bubba the love sponge? if so, yea they constantly throw carny references out there...today they were talking about super himalaya and rainbow rides...
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, March 20, 2007 11:50:59 AM
Rob Zombie and Spider from PM5K parents are Carnies...

Don't know about Carson. But, Ed Mc Mahon was a Pitchman on the Boardwalk.
magfly
Tuesday, March 20, 2007 12:53:20 PM
bob barker price is right
when you cant breathe nothing else matters/please sign you organ donor cards today!! you may save life ; it might even be MINE you are saving/check out www.bluebracelet.info 
lotman
  •  lotman
  • 57.1% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Tuesday, March 20, 2007 1:45:42 PM
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by BSA Mike

引用:

quote:

Originally posted by BUB

are you refering to bubba the love sponge? if so, yea they constantly throw carny references out there...today they were talking about super himalaya and rainbow rides...

bubba is`a personal freind of randy burnett. his brother wesley burnett travels with myers. if i have my facts right, i think bubba drove for mulligan at east bay speedway,located 1 mile north of the gibtown club.
Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
Mark Twain
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin
powersmidways.com
paulmbe
  •  paulmbe
  • 55.74% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Tuesday, March 20, 2007 1:46:10 PM
Bubba was around Key City Shows and don't forget the obvious ICP WHOOP WHOOP
"Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, "Holy *, what a ride!"
Ridee-O
Tuesday, March 20, 2007 2:40:33 PM
[;)]Dan Rowan from Laugh In grew up living on a carnival with his parents
JustinJames
Tuesday, March 20, 2007 2:41:21 PM
Bubba isn't a favorite of mine LOL. But cool.
BUB
  •  BUB
  • 52.62% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Tuesday, March 20, 2007 3:14:11 PM
bubba was driving that car the year i left big a. the same year that butt wipe son of colin powell frigged up my right to listen to radio as i please......monsters of the midday in orlando and bubba in one stroke of the pen.
what the ????
MikeH
  •  MikeH
  • 50.24% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Tuesday, March 20, 2007 3:45:12 PM
Bubba raced at East Bay last weekend.
JustinJames
Tuesday, March 20, 2007 6:27:29 PM
Bubba raced? How did the car move with that tub or lard in it.