alibiguyny
  •  alibiguyny
  • 50.3% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Monday, March 19, 2007 1:48:41 PM
im trying to get inspected. but i have just learned the folks i have used are no longer doing inspections. due to cost of insurance. so i look up to see who does my area. its my competion. now would we let mcdonalds inspect burger king. no i think not.......i have to run for a second but i will finish this post in a few. but think a little about it. would powers let strates inspect them befor the state fair??????
i dont smell em i just tell em......
JustinJames
Monday, March 19, 2007 1:56:36 PM
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, March 19, 2007 4:38:41 PM
Mary Talley has certified inspectors from DC inspect her rides yearly. This is in addition to other state and local inspections. You may consider having a local inspector inspect first. If your comp goes nutso take the results to those requiring the inspection and show the competition's conflict showing it is a bad policy.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, March 19, 2007 5:15:02 PM
If company x is licensed to inspect then perhaps you should also get your license. Assuming that you can then inspect yourself.
UserPostedImage
alibiguyny
  •  alibiguyny
  • 50.3% (Neutral)
Monday, March 19, 2007 8:20:21 PM
if anybody knew the kind of heat this post has caused. it would give you a heart attack...............
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, March 20, 2007 5:35:15 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by alibiguyny

if anybody knew the kind of heat this post has caused. it would give you a heart attack...............

Heat from whom directed at who?
alibiguyny
  •  alibiguyny
  • 50.3% (Neutral)
Tuesday, March 20, 2007 8:56:47 AM
some people thought i was singling them out. i ment as a whole that in my opinion its a conflict of interest to have a state apointed inspector inspect carnivals in the same state they inspect. now here in missouri i have a choice of whom i hire. and i doubt i will hire another carnival owner who plays in the same state as myself to inspect me.......just my opinion.....
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, March 20, 2007 9:14:56 AM
Some states emloy thier own inspectors to inspect rides in thier state that in general are fair and not affiliated with any show. Others like Texas leave it up to your insurance company but alllow local inspections or private inspectors such as the state fair does. I would suggest you contact the state and find out what the qualifications for you to become an inspector.
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, March 20, 2007 9:32:22 AM
http://www.dfs.dps.mo.gov/dfsarrequirements.htm 

The above link gives you all you need to know to get the rides inspected. The is a contact on the right and they will provide you with a list of inspectors and also give you the qualifications to become a state inspector.