rsdoran
  •  rsdoran
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Operations Topic Starter
Thursday, March 8, 2007 1:15:00 PM
All requested by original poster?
Mr. Fixit
Thursday, March 8, 2007 1:40:48 PM
When a topic is requested to be locked or deleted by the original poster, it is not always granted. The Moderators/Administrators review the post and the request, and consider the reason the request is being made. When a topic is escalating into an argument, or veering way off topic, and the Mods/Admins determine that the request is in the best interests of the board, the request is granted.

I'm assuming that you are referring to the Handwashing topic. The question was answered, and the further discussion was turning into a flame war, so the request was granted.
CAUTION, Administrator at work. This is a troll-free zone.

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." - Charles Darwin
rsdoran
  •  rsdoran
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Operations Topic Starter
Saturday, March 10, 2007 1:30:41 PM
Quote:

quote:

I'm assuming that you are referring to the Handwashing topic. The question was answered, and the further discussion was turning into a flame war, so the request was granted.

That thread did prompt the question but all topics appear to lead to a flame war or something similar. If going to lock topics upon request just asked to know if anyone may do that or just a certain few, which it has appears to be.

Just my opinion, if going to lock any topic upon request then any/all should be when requested, not just those deemed necessary by whomever. It is very rare when anyone posts that someone does not make some form of comment that leads it down the "flaming war" path.
Skywheelrider
Sunday, March 11, 2007 11:52:14 PM
That does seem to happen more often than not here Ron. IMHO, there are a few folks here that post I think just to stir the pot sometimes. One has even been called a "professional MCW poster." What galls me is when folks jump in a topic, post some negative and/or inflammatory comments, then leave, and won't respond, or if they do respond, it's to get a flame war going. And they leave their user name as just that, never once letting on who they really are. Cowards, I call them. If you are afraid to let folks know who you are, you should not be posting inflammatory messages here. Anyways, just my opinion. Sorry for the rant. Back to you regularly scheduled topic.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain