Predatorocks
Wednesday, March 7, 2007 8:40:44 AM
http://www.italintl.com/...r%20and%20Family%20Rides 

Was the Yo-Yo on this page Murphy Brothers? Any ideas on what they might getting if that was there's?

Edit: Reed Expositions has the Yo-Yo. It's not Murphy's. Nevermind That's not it!
Jackpotter
Wednesday, March 7, 2007 8:43:56 AM
I noticed on someone's Gibtown pics that Bobby Myers was re-working a Yo Yo and had it painted up in the yellow and blue colors of his show. Where did that one come from? Any of you guys that were down there know? Which Myers unit will it be on?
Dan L.
  •  Dan L.
  • 60.96% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Friday, March 9, 2007 3:37:18 PM
Those were my pics. I don't know where it came from, but it looked first class like the rest of his stuff. [8D]
Cstephens
Saturday, March 10, 2007 8:15:33 AM
the one that myers has is not reed's since none of it is painted blue, it's painted, green, yellow & pink and it does look a bit festive. i think that picture of reed's yo-yo was taked at fiesta, an event in downtown san antonio. as far as i know, reed has the contract with that event. i guess reed wants to trade the yo-yo in for something else. not sure what the'll get if they do, i'm a little suprised that reed's yo-yo was built in the late 70's i thought it was only 8 or 9 years old, it still looks great despite it's age. this year will be it's 30th birthday and probly it's final year with reed expo if they don't trade it in this year.
Jackpotter
Saturday, March 10, 2007 5:17:17 PM
I'm thinking Myers probably painted their's in WQ...I doubt it was yellow and blue when they picked it up. It's now the same colors as their show colors...identical.
Jzrider0720
Saturday, March 10, 2007 5:49:55 PM
they bought it from hawaii.i was there when they were setting it up and asked
Jackpotter
Sunday, March 11, 2007 7:42:41 AM
So it came from Fernandez, or a park? I remember they bought the Kamikaze they used to have from Fernandez. It was themed Hi Flyer and instead of one arm like most Hi Fyers, it had two and was a true Kamikaze.

The reason was that Fernandez had it themed Hi Flyer out of the factory because they didn't want to use "Kamikaze" theme in Hawaii...because of Pearl Harbor...this is a true story.

I dunno who has that Kamikaze now.