ridesicknsc
Sunday, March 4, 2007 12:43:41 PM
My wife says she saw them setting up at the Galleria on Thursday. I'm going to try to get out to see them before they leave. I'm not familiar with this show.
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, March 4, 2007 12:59:43 PM
Rockwell is a good show what i hear.Thanks for the info my daughter lives in Rock Hill and planning to visit on tuesday ,ill drop by the mall and check it out.
snowman
Wednesday, March 7, 2007 9:51:59 AM
Well what happened to all the visitors I was gonna get this week make sure you guys stop by the office and say hello we are here thru sunday night the 11th.
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, March 9, 2007 12:40:36 AM
Visited Rockwell Amusements the other night in Rock Hill wasnt able to get pictures but Rockwell has a great looking show.
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, March 9, 2007 2:07:00 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Jagger

Visited Rockwell Amusements the other night in Rock Hill wasnt able to get pictures but Rockwell has a great looking show.

careful there, snowman will get the big head.lol[:D][:D] that is the first date out of storage.
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, March 9, 2007 2:32:46 AM
Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Friday, March 9, 2007 3:58:25 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by britt

careful there, snowman will get the big head.lol[:D][:D] that is the first date out of storage.

Storage? My, how this business has changed. Storage? What ever happened to WQ? Storage?
Sixcats have nine lives
snowman
Friday, March 9, 2007 4:06:03 AM
Storage is correct I put everything on this unit in storage last November Pulled it out couple weeks ago. Our winter quarters was and is busy refurbishing rides from our other units Jagger you should have visited the office thanks for great review.
alibiguyny
Friday, March 9, 2007 5:36:13 AM
Quote:

quote:

Storage? My, how this business has changed. Storage? What ever happened to WQ? Storage?

thats like when on the east coast. they say i have a good job this weak. in stead of hey i got a bonafied or i have a good spot. they use the term (job)...it use to drive me crazy. made me feel kinda like a sucker.
i dont smell em i just tell em......
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, March 9, 2007 10:43:22 AM
Snowman where are yall headed next! First time ive rode the skymaster!
Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Friday, March 9, 2007 11:14:09 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by alibiguyny

Quote:

quote:

thats like when on the east coast. they say i have a good job this weak. in stead of hey i got a bonafied or i have a good spot. they use the term (job)...it use to drive me crazy. made me feel kinda like a sucker.

This is because there is very few real carnies left. The old feeling is gone on America's midways. I feel like a dinosaur. And before anybody tells me I am one. I know I am one. I am not a first of May and I do know what lovesingame means.
Sixcats have nine lives
Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Friday, March 9, 2007 11:20:39 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by snowman

Storage is correct I put everything on this unit in storage last November Pulled it out couple weeks ago. Our winter quarters was and is busy refurbishing rides from our other units Jagger you should have visited the office thanks for great review.

Storage is incorrect if you're a carny and talking about where rides are parked for the winter, it's a winter quarters. Even if you have more then one place you park the rides and if you only work on them at another place. Of course, if you don't think of opening as springing and closing as sloughing, then it may be storage after all.
Sixcats have nine lives
JimmyD
  •  JimmyD
  • 52.88% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Friday, March 9, 2007 11:31:38 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Sixcat

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by snowman

Storage is incorrect if you're a carny and talking about where rides are parked for the winter, it's a winter quarters. Even if you have more then one place you park the rides and if you only work on them at another place. Of course, if you don't think of opening as springing and closing as sloughing, then it may be storage after all.

Our WQ is very small so for a couple of years we used to put our stuff in a storage yard, maybe that was what he was refering to. I wouldnt call that a WQ.

Jimmy D
James Dillman III
Dillman Family Rides Inc.
snowman
Friday, March 9, 2007 12:50:46 PM
Six cat I'm not gonna argue the storage point with you,however the being carnie thing I will, many on this board know me and know that I am a born and raised in the biz carnie 4th generation carnie and storage is when you rent a building far from your winter quarters and far from your Yard as we call it in the biz and you pack away the rides that are not going to be touched till you come back in the spring and pull em out of storage and go play carnival agian with them. this is not your normal situation that may be where the confusion comes from
snowman
Friday, March 9, 2007 12:54:41 PM
Quote:

quote:

Snowman where are yall headed next! First time ive rode the skymaster!

Jagger, we are headed east to Charleston open thursday come on over and bring your camera this time