skydiver77
  •  skydiver77
  • 66.38% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Saturday, March 3, 2007 4:47:07 PM
I remember Warren Reynauld said he would be coming out with a Sky Diver model, but i'm not sure if he's completed it by now or not. I know if it looks as good as the real thing and true, i would definately give 200+ or whatever he would want for a model of it. 🙂 I've got some K'nex pieces, a tub full of 400 pieces, i came close once to building the Diver, i had the scissor-lift frame built-up and some of the drive rim, but the rest was hard hard to build, the Diver cars out of K'nex, easier said than done. Sorry, i'm on a Sky Diver craze lately. lol I know those that have Tim Eaton's Sky Diver wouldn't want to sell it, or would you? My friend Dave Cota, God, i've not talked to him in a year or two, he has Tim's Sky Diver model. When i first saw it, i thought wow, Dave's got a Cummons Sky Diver! 🙂 Tim did some awesome work, was there any other rides Tim built besides that Sky Diver?

'Nuff said right now, but i'm gonna post a topic under Amusement Industry and see what you all think of it, just let me know, curious to know what you all think of the post. I even once thought of making a 3-d Sky Diver out of paper, yet that'd be super hard / tricky to do. Later

~Ben
Skywheelrider
Saturday, March 3, 2007 5:31:13 PM
Warren offers a Sky Diver, yes, but to my knowledge has not built one yet. Last I had heard, he was waiting for someone to order one. I was told by someone that I was one of the first (maybe even the first) to order a Tilt-A-Whirl from him, and other than building the original 9-car model that Sellner built back in 1926 or so, he had not built one yet. If true, he did a fantastically fine job. And I think he would do an awesome job on a Sky Diver model as well.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
al_minahan
Saturday, March 3, 2007 6:08:43 PM
When Tim was around he built a diver for $175.00. I bought his trailer mounted Eli, for $125.00,a nice model to. I have always regreted not ordering that Sky Diver. Tim was Great at what he did a true craftsman. I am lucky in one respect that when I display my models, I do so with a good friend that had the forsight to order Tims beautiful Sky Diver. He also had a nice selection of kits, as well as parts. R.I.P. Tim.
Ridee-O
Sunday, March 4, 2007 8:00:14 AM
[:)]I now have 2 orders for Sky Divers and will be starting on them in June. I always appreciate everyone's encourging and kind words on my work.
powersbt
  •  powersbt
  • 52.56% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday, March 4, 2007 5:36:23 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by RainbowBen

I remember Warren Reynauld said he would be coming out with a Sky Diver model, but i'm not sure if he's completed it by now or not. I know if it looks as good as the real thing and true, i would definately give 200+ or whatever he would want for a model of it. 🙂 I've got some K'nex pieces, a tub full of 400 pieces, i came close once to building the Diver, i had the scissor-lift frame built-up and some of the drive rim, but the rest was hard hard to build, the Diver cars out of K'nex, easier said than done. Sorry, i'm on a Sky Diver craze lately. lol I know those that have Tim Eaton's Sky Diver wouldn't want to sell it, or would you? My friend Dave Cota, God, i've not talked to him in a year or two, he has Tim's Sky Diver model. When i first saw it, i thought wow, Dave's got a Cummons Sky Diver! 🙂 Tim did some awesome work, was there any other rides Tim built besides that Sky Diver?

'Nuff said right now, but i'm gonna post a topic under Amusement Industry and see what you all think of it, just let me know, curious to know what you all think of the post. I even once thought of making a 3-d Sky Diver out of paper, yet that'd be super hard / tricky to do. Later

~Ben

Kind of makes you wish that you had kept the First Sky Diver Model you bought, right??
What do you get if you crossed a Merry Mixer with a Berry Go Round??
3 Possible answers:
1. A Merry Go Round
2. A Berry Mixer
3. Jam
skydiver77
  •  skydiver77
  • 66.38% (Friendly)
Monday, March 5, 2007 4:42:34 PM
Yeah, it does, but i see a few inconsistancies of Don's Diver...the hills in between the cars, they're too flat lookin', if you look at a real Sky Diver, they're more "pointed", and Tim Eaton's Diver was true to a T to the real ride, his hills were more pointed, not flat. Too, it was just alot of cash for that sucker, if Don sold 'em for 100 a pop, heck yeah, i'd definately get it again..it's just too much for my blood. I'll bet Warren's Diver will look sweet when it's done later. 🙂 Plus, you guys don't know about my life, i was born with cystic-fibrosis, it SUCKS BADLY!, and so my medications are 3-4 grand a month, my insurance pays for it, but ...but, if i get a public job working part time, they take the insurance away that pays for my medicine that's about 3 to 4 grand a month, then i'm screwed, now does that make any sense? Now you see why i sold my Cummons Diver, after i bought it, i had no money or any source to get it, unless i stole it...i'm up s*** creek without a paddle basically...if i had a good job, i'd probably have all of Don's rides and then some & a nice big carnival layout.

I know my parents don't want me to give out this info, but i don't give a *****, i'm tired of living a life where i feel like i'm lazy all the time, don't work. I sell stuff on ebay to make money, oh yeah, that's real work is it not, NOT , sit on your ass and do nothing, that sucks, i wish the IRS and Government, whoever the hell controls this s*** goes to hell and burns forever when they die! When i got an application at Roses in town, sure it's not a real big store, but atleast it's some cash ( for Cummons rides or whatever ), dad said, " welp, lets get ready to sell some cars and the house. " I was like, " What for? " ....then he said about the medicine, insurance them dummies taking it away just cuz i get a job, that blows man, i'm about ready to pull an Osama Bin Laden on them mother*******s if you know what i mean, they think they're playing God with someone. Well, when carnival season gets back up, i always get a job with Inners or Smokey Mtn. Amusements, they do ask for my SS number and etc.., but i'm like giving the middle finger back at them suckers at the Social Security place, like in your face sucka, i'm getting me a job and you can't say s*** about it, ha ha ha b*tches.

Sorry for my rant you guys, but that's the story of my life, now you know why i sold my beloved Don Cummons Sky Diver on ebay, to get the money back to put into the bank, which i only had 10 bucks left over after i bought it...no where to go or way to make more money, not even a part time job, now does that suck or just what?...it's like the government is controlling some people's lives out there, and i'm sick of it....there have been times i almost committed suicide, came mighty darn close cuz of this bullcrap. My mom keeps on telling me, well ebay is a job, no it ain't, it's a sit on your ass job and don't make no kinda damn money compared to what you guys traveling with the carnival make or a Wal-Mart job. Sure taxes are taken out, but i'm happy with 150 to 200 bucks, man am i ever happy! lol , as i don't hardly see that kinda money coming off of ebay, my life blows you all, so, Brett, now you know why i sold my Cummons Sky Diver, cuz of a crappy society we live in, where the IRS or whoever controls one's life..makes me mad as a firecracker.

I'll step down from my soapbox now. lol 🙂 But i'm thankful for carnivals, i love the rides and i love working for them, it's awesome meeting all kinds of people and making friends & talking about rides and such. Later

~Ben
skydiver77
  •  skydiver77
  • 66.38% (Friendly)
Monday, March 5, 2007 4:45:36 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by RainbowBen

Yeah, it does, but i see a few inconsistancies of Don's Diver...the hills in between the cars, they're too flat lookin', if you look at a real Sky Diver, they're more "pointed", and Tim Eaton's Diver was true to a T to the real ride, his hills were more pointed, not flat. Too, it was just alot of cash for that sucker, if Don sold 'em for 100 a pop, heck yeah, i'd definately get it again..it's just too much for my blood. I'll bet Warren's Diver will look sweet when it's done later. 🙂 Plus, you guys don't know about my life, i was born with cystic-fibrosis, it SUCKS BADLY!, and so my medications are 3-4 grand a month, my insurance pays for it, but ...but, if i get a public job working part time, they take the insurance away that pays for my medicine that's about 3 to 4 grand a month, then i'm screwed, now does that make any sense? Now you see why i sold my Cummons Diver, after i bought it, i had no money or any source to get it, unless i stole it...i'm up s*** creek without a paddle basically...if i had a good job, i'd probably have all of Don's rides and then some & a nice big carnival layout.

I know my parents don't want me to give out this info, but i don't give a *****, i'm tired of living a life where i feel like i'm lazy all the time, don't work. I sell stuff on ebay to make money, oh yeah, that's real work is it not, NOT , sit on your ass and do nothing, that sucks, i wish the IRS and Government, whoever the hell controls this s*** goes to hell and burns forever when they die! When i got an application at Roses in town, sure it's not a real big store, but atleast it's some cash ( for Cummons rides or whatever ), dad said, " welp, lets get ready to sell some cars and the house. " I was like, " What for? " ....then he said about the medicine, insurance them dummies taking it away just cuz i get a job, that blows man, i'm about ready to pull an Osama Bin Laden on them mother*******s if you know what i mean, they think they're playing God with someone. Well, when carnival season gets back up, i always get a job with Inners or Smokey Mtn. Amusements, they do ask for my SS number and etc.., but i'm like giving the middle finger back at them suckers at the Social Security place, like in your face sucka, i'm getting me a job and you can't say s*** about it, ha ha ha b*tches.

Sorry for my rant you guys, but that's the story of my life, now you know why i sold my beloved Don Cummons Sky Diver on ebay, to get the money back to put into the bank, which i only had 10 bucks left over after i bought it...no where to go or way to make more money, not even a part time job, now does that suck or just what?...it's like the government is controlling some people's lives out there, and i'm sick of it....there have been times i almost committed suicide, came mighty darn close cuz of this bullcrap. My mom keeps on telling me, well ebay is a job, no it ain't, it's a sit on your ass job and don't make no kinda damn money compared to what you guys traveling with the carnival make or a Wal-Mart job. Sure taxes are taken out, but i'm happy with 150 to 200 bucks, man am i ever happy! lol , as i don't hardly see that kinda money coming off of ebay, my life blows you all, so, Brett, now you know why i sold my Cummons Sky Diver, cuz of a crappy society we live in, where the IRS or whoever controls one's life..makes me mad as a firecracker.

I'll step down from my soapbox now. lol 🙂 But i'm thankful for carnivals, i love the rides and i love working for them, it's awesome meeting all kinds of people and making friends & talking about rides and such. Later

~Ben

skydiver77
  •  skydiver77
  • 66.38% (Friendly)
Monday, March 5, 2007 4:48:18 PM
About Don's hills on his Sky Diver, they're fine looking, i was just telling you why i sold his Sky Diver, and such, my life, and why it sorta sucks to be me. If i had 800, i'd get 2 Don Cummons Sky Divers and get different car colors, and one with an orange scissor-lift and one with a blue scissor-lift, but i can dream can't it?, cuz i don't have a part time job even, damnit i feel like a bum & lower than a snake's body. 😞

~Ben
skywheel88
Monday, March 5, 2007 6:48:33 PM
Ben, I am sooo sorry to hear about all the crap you are going through. Sigh, if we are waiting for life to be fair, we'll be waiting 'till HELL freezes over. Luckily, we all got this great place to come and visit and get to know one another, takes the edge off a little bit. God Bless You, Ben.[:)]
Kenny.

Skywheelrider
Monday, March 5, 2007 6:50:41 PM
Wow Ben, I had no idea. Sorry to hear about your situation. I will pray for you, and remember, the Lord never puts any more on us than He knows we can bear. And that is the truth.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
skydiver77
  •  skydiver77
  • 66.38% (Friendly)
Monday, March 5, 2007 9:05:48 PM
Yep, it's been like that basically from day one for me, i was the only one in the family born with cf, i ask God sometimes, why me?, weird why i got chosen for cf, and along with it, sugar diabetes, so i'm constantly on medicine, tons of the mess. I had a liver transplant back in 1997, and sometimes i complain about the scar on my chest. I've seen Tommy Inners barechested racking some rides, and wonder why i don't have a perfect looking chest like he has (Ed Inners' son), no scars from surgery, something i've gotta live with forever, that blows. Anyway, 'nuff said about my life, lets get back to carnival talk. [:)]

~Ben