daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Saturday, February 24, 2007 12:12:17 PM
I have a few Questions. I herd the IHC Motors vibrate the model real hard enough to knock off what you have it on well the salutation i herd was to use a faller motor. Know my question is how do I modify the IHC Kiddie boats to mount or use the faller motor?

My other question is their a way you can hook up the motors to a separate power source to control one at a time and separately like a single port like a power bar for the computer small in size. That will or can power lights and operation separately as well.

Thanks again

chuck walls
Saturday, February 24, 2007 4:05:22 PM
I changed all my IHC ride motors over to faller motors, with the kiddie boat and motor cycles I removed the gears that turns the canopy, made a cross brace to hold the motor, I did a direct hook up the same thing that cummons does with brass tubing to run his rides, it's really not hard to do,the only thing is you need to cut some of the shaft off the canopy just let run in the some direction the boats run, and you also have to cut a hole in the table to make way for the motor, I did the ski-wheel,octopus,spider,carousel,swinger,thunderbolt,it's really not all that hard, just figure out the motor mount and hook up, I always hook up lights seprately so if the ride fails you still have lights,also faller makes a timer that will run six rides at different times, another reason to hook up lights seperate,you can run your lights off the transformer and rides off the timer, anymore help let me know.
chuck walls
Keith
Saturday, February 24, 2007 4:53:03 PM
Just an alternative suggestion:

If all the motors are Faller AC, just mount some On/Off (Single Pole-Single Throw) switches on a panel to the control the motor on each ride. My guess that a 3 Amp, 12 volt tranformer should power at least several rides at once.

Lights can be powered by an independent circuit via a transformer.
daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Sunday, February 25, 2007 2:33:26 AM
So can you hook up four things of lights to the same port on the transformer and i would need two right.I am still trying to comprehind the motor change.Also can i use the motor that came the jungle train and secondly i can put the ihc motor in right and if i dont like it i could changr it out right and it wont be dificult...
Keith
Sunday, February 25, 2007 1:45:45 PM
A single AC transformer could power both Faller AC motors and lights if the total current drawn does not exceed the current rating of the transformer. The lights would be connected on a separate circuit so that they would remain on even if the ride motor was switched off. (See below)

Regarding IHC motors, I’m uncertain if they are AC or DC. Now if DC, I would point out a typical DC hobby motor will not run if connected directly across an AC source.

As others have posted similar questions in the past, I’ve created some basic wiring schematics.

http://www.members.shaw.ca/carn/Model%20power.jpg 

Assuming that not all rides are operating at once, (some are loading/unloading or others waiting for riders) here is an economical DC controller for multiple models:
http://members.shaw.ca/carn/Model%20power2.jpg