dccradio
  •  dccradio
  • 60.54% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Wednesday, September 7, 2005 1:40:57 PM
This summer I've had the opportunity to work as spot help for 3 events with A&P Shows. First I must say that I have truly enjoyed working on a carnival.

Second I've got to say that working with A&P has allowed me, a fan to see what really goes on at a lot. I have gained a huge respect for carnival workers and owners. Long hours, all the setting up, tearing down and moving the equipment around from fair to fair just to bring smiles to the patrons of the midway.

True it is a business but I had to share that I truly appreciate the hard work and long hours that are put into a carnival. Carnival workers in my opinion deserve a lot more credit than they get for the hard work they do. Thanks to all of you for what you do!

Mark H
ketch22
Wednesday, September 7, 2005 3:07:05 PM
Nice to hear that...ready to "run away and join the carnival"? [;)] LOL!

R-Key
  •  R-Key
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Green Help
Wednesday, September 7, 2005 3:37:05 PM
great to hear someone from the outside realize what it is liek on the inside of the carnival world

" The hustle is hard but we have to enterprise the carnival "
I know the hustle’s hard, but we gotta enterprise, the carnival
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CARNI_LOVE_4EVER/ 
Flying Coaster
Wednesday, September 7, 2005 5:00:07 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by dccradio

This summer I've had the opportunity to work as spot help for 3 events with A&P Shows. First I must say that I have truly enjoyed working on a carnival.

Second I've got to say that working with A&P has allowed me, a fan to see what really goes on at a lot. I have gained a huge respect for carnival workers and owners. Long hours, all the setting up, tearing down and moving the equipment around from fair to fair just to bring smiles to the patrons of the midway.

True it is a business but I had to share that I truly appreciate the hard work and long hours that are put into a carnival. Carnival workers in my opinion deserve a lot more credit than they get for the hard work they do. Thanks to all of you for what you do!

Do they still have that Skywheel for sale?
All Skywheels should be yeller.
dccradio
  •  dccradio
  • 60.54% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Wednesday, September 7, 2005 5:15:15 PM
Ketch 22, it wouldn't take much for me to run off and join the carnival full time. Flying Coaster, I know that the A&P website still lists the skywheel for sale and I do know that they still have their Sky Wheel.
Mark H
daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, September 7, 2005 8:20:27 PM
funny i have also been spot help and i know know its not all fun and games the midway its a all new means of life and its hooked me as well.Im amazed the crap i got when i was working they though i was a carney and asked me all the ? they would a carny and i anserwed.Well in some cases i was treated so badly and i asked the ride op is that normal and he said yes it is welcome to the carnie biss son.It was intresting and fun to see what it wa sliek and i want to do it.Um oh the show was RCS....
archived01
Wednesday, September 7, 2005 9:34:06 PM
Dcradio concidering what we are going through here in Illinois you don't know just how much I appretiate to here something like that. I would like to ask a favor. Please see the post about the Attorny General. I would be verygreatfull and so would everyone from this area if you could express your opinion in an email to these people who are atempting to tarnish and drag our name through the mud.

Thank you so much.
Patrick