violater_1968
Thursday, August 4, 2005 5:53:38 PM
What is the best ride to operate and why??
squirrel
Thursday, August 4, 2005 6:45:10 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by violater_1968

What is the best ride to operate and why??

It depends on the operator. Older rides that are controlled 'manually' with several levers or whatnot are usually best operated by help experienced in mechanics (in my opinion). They tend to know how to anticipate the rides actions better than say someone younger and less experienced. Example would be a Skydiver or something of that nature.

Most of the help around nowadays is not capable of doing much more than pushing a button though, which means that usually they are geared best for rides with computer controlled ride cycles (again, my opinion).

Another opinion -- female ride operators are usually more dependable. They are not as easily distracted, and tend to pay much more attention to the ride than their male counterparts.

Bobdog74
Thursday, August 4, 2005 6:56:11 PM
I dont know about that I was riding James H Drews Sizzler adn the woman running it was talking to someone outside the fence the whole time,I was on the ride. Just about the same thing on the MGR,woman was playing her Game Boy.
Da Bair
  •  Da Bair
  • 50.18% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Thursday, August 4, 2005 7:18:21 PM
Perhaps SS should bold the words "opinion" and "usually".

UserPostedImage

johnroach100
Thursday, August 4, 2005 7:31:20 PM
female ride operators are usually more dependable.

On the winter sucker job, I found the women were MUCH better forklift drivers. No cowboys, they just wanted to do the job without breaking anything. The trailer got unloaded with no delays.