alibiguyny
  •  alibiguyny
  • 50.3% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Tuesday, July 26, 2005 9:45:28 AM
hey since this season realy sucks. do you think the o.a.b.a will offer any relief assistance. or do i have a better chance to win a sholarship. sorry just being a smartarss. so dont take this thread 2 serious. this is one of the worst years in a long time. the people are not spending. everything is about 30 percent down. im in farm country and the farmers are not geting any rain. there might not be a recesion but the economy as far as the entertainment dollar is concerned is just not there anymore. so i ask am i the only one that will admit im scared about the winter and the word sucker job is looking like it could be in the near future. that makes me sick that word. well anyway ill get on the phone to the o.a.b.a and see if they can cut me a check to hold me over. there should be some in the legal defense fund i know they sure didnt send it to gene chaffey.
i dont smell em i just tell em......
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, July 26, 2005 10:42:59 AM
Jay your the first one I"ve seen say they are down this year... maybe it's your area... everyone else I've spoke to is up or holding their own.

As for as OABA "cutting you a check" have they EVER offered welfare assistance to anyone?
orphaned
Tuesday, July 26, 2005 10:46:25 AM
As I posted last week, I'm hearing the same things you are Scott.
alibiguyny
  •  alibiguyny
  • 50.3% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Tuesday, July 26, 2005 11:12:51 AM
i think you guys need to come out and work a weak on the road.i dont beleave in a minute that people are breaking any records or holding there own. and as far as welfare goes maybe i could get some help i could use a mothersday check.hey scott in case you dont know thats carny for a welfare check.[:o)] tell me who did you talk to that said they where doing great nobody in arkansa told you that.
i dont smell em i just tell em......
TopSpinJay
Tuesday, July 26, 2005 11:32:50 AM
i know things arent too bad here in western NY...everyone i talk too is level or up for this portion of the year so far
You'll miss us when were gone....
orphaned
Tuesday, July 26, 2005 1:53:19 PM
I'm not on the road...but I talk to people almost daily that are either in person or on the phone. Just relaying what I've been told. Maybe they are all just making stuff up....again, all I can say is that the owners I've spoken with are all pretty much a little bit up...or even with last year. They've said there are good weeks and bad weeks and from what I've been told the money is there when they get the weather...we've been pretty lucky here in KY recently...it was really dry until about three weeks ago and we had rain that saved most crops...I can't speak for the northeast or midwest U.S.A. ..but in the central part of the U.S. things appear a bit up overall. Why in the hell would I lie about it? Geez.
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, July 26, 2005 2:39:33 PM
To answer your question Jay, I have spoke with several shows over the US not just in Arkansas... My friendships don't stop at the boarders.
hankypank1
Tuesday, July 26, 2005 2:47:41 PM
but what show are you with or what joint do you own to say that things are up what things do you have that are making money
Carneys are the biggest marks ,that’s what keeps us going .The next one is gonna be big ,it was good last year ,I don’t know what happened this year
Mr. Fixit
Tuesday, July 26, 2005 4:31:04 PM
Topic cleaned up and BS deleted. Let's keep it clean...
CAUTION, Administrator at work. This is a troll-free zone.

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." - Charles Darwin
Matt C.
Tuesday, July 26, 2005 8:30:12 PM
I know most of the Chicago shows are doing OK when they get the weather- but it has been a rough summer with record high temperatures and little rain.
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
lotman
  •  lotman
  • 57.1% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Tuesday, July 26, 2005 9:37:00 PM
when i've been getting the weather, i've been up. i work the northeast.
Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
Mark Twain
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin
powersmidways.com
SaraAB
Wednesday, July 27, 2005 5:22:07 AM
I agree with SilverCometJay, seems a little better in this area this year, there is more hotter weather (and only a few insanely hot days where you dont want to leave the house) as opposed to last summer where it rained at least one day out of every weekend, leaving the amusement business quite slow, not to mention the cold temps of last summer, we only had like 4 days that got into the 80s. If its a nice day in the high 80s people will come out to parks and carnivals and enjoy themselves, and not have to worry about being cold or rained on, its also eaiser to enjoy the waterpark attractions in this weather. Also when its in the high 80s people spend more for food and drink too so that helps!
FrankiesFoods
Wednesday, July 27, 2005 9:29:36 AM
On my counter i put a donation cup for you alibiguy it says "Help A Brother out He needs to pay for stock" hope you do well with it here.
The carnival business is up and down all we can do is complain and come back next year.
Life is like a Merry go round has it's ups and downs but always come back around.
Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, July 27, 2005 9:36:20 AM
If you want my 2 cents, this season sucks so far. The big spots like Philly Park and Brockton fair were way off with decent weather. Watertown was a bust out but Lowville was good. That's it. The rest of the spots sucked.
Sixcats have nine lives
hankypank1
Wednesday, July 27, 2005 11:06:29 AM
now the peolpe that are really out there working speak up how bad it is
Carneys are the biggest marks ,that’s what keeps us going .The next one is gonna be big ,it was good last year ,I don’t know what happened this year