Boils The Clown
Monday, July 25, 2005 3:08:08 AM
A few years ago ,
Those Space Paint Stores ,were on several midways & seemed to be a hot item.
($20.00 A Whack/Average)

...Very Curious to know....
Are they still making their rounds out there on the lots or have the Mooches caught on to the gaff already ???

Anyone ???

Come See My Fun House ,  & My Fun House Photo Gallery  
UserPostedImage
~ By All Means.....When In Doubt .....Jump On The "Blame Boils Bandwagon" ! ~
cny_chris
Monday, July 25, 2005 6:34:30 AM
You talking about the spray paint art concessions that paint "spacey" scenes and were doing WTC memorial scenes as well?

Like what is on these websites?:
http://www.infinityartist.com/home.shtml 

http://www.ztecs.com/galaxyweb/galaxy.htm 
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Monday, July 25, 2005 11:34:35 AM
see them occasionly up here.

Burton Brothers had one booked on last year in Beecher IL, she painted the entire inside of there dark walk through, looks great inside and out!!
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
Boils The Clown
Monday, July 25, 2005 3:50:16 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by cny_chris

You talking about the spray paint art concessions that paint "spacey" scenes and were doing WTC memorial scenes as well?

Like what is on these websites?:
http://www.infinityartist.com/home.shtml 

http://www.ztecs.com/galaxyweb/galaxy.htm 

Yes that would be it, CNY Chris ! I never ever knew or seen any of these paintings with the world trade center towers in them. Must be something new.

As for the 2nd link you provided, LADY GALAXY, I personally know her.(She's a Pretty HOT Honey as well.) On the webpage ,(the link you provided), there's no contact/Email addy for Ms.Lady Galaxy, Do you got another link ?

Are these Paint stores still around on the lots as much as they used to be ???

UserPostedImage
cny_chris
Monday, July 25, 2005 4:40:32 PM
I first saw this at the NY State Fair in 2002, and again in 2003. In 2004, they were set up at 2 of the fairs that I went to -- "Kid Mercury" was at the Florida State Fair and "Lady Galaxy" was at the NY State Fair. The crowds were packed in as usual. Prices were in the $20-25 range for a 16 x 20 piece.

I had the opportunity to talk to "Lady Galaxy", and she was talking about going west in 2005. She had a webpage up for awhile, but it is no longer there. I only have those two pages, Boils, unfortunately.

The Florida State Fair did not have anyone set up in 2005 doing this. I also did not see anyone doing this at the Meadowlands fair (another spot that I have been told had this).

The only other place I have seen this is on the street in NY City in or near Times Square. I dunno if it's a craze that has run its course, or if there's something else to it...

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
Boils The Clown
Monday, July 25, 2005 4:54:47 PM
Quote:

quote:

"Kid Mercury"

Are you sure ? I think you mean "Cosmo KID" !

Correct?

UserPostedImage
cny_chris
Monday, July 25, 2005 5:12:40 PM
Actually, Boils, from what I recall, I was told that "Cosmo Kid" was at the FSF up to 2003. "Kid Mercury" took the spot in 2004.

cny_chris
Monday, July 25, 2005 8:38:08 PM
Check your PM's, Boils...

Boils The Clown
Monday, July 25, 2005 8:49:29 PM
Quote:

quote:

Check your PM's, Boils...

I did ! Nada ..
UserPostedImage
gruelurks
Monday, July 25, 2005 9:00:29 PM
So I see the pics, but whats the gimmick? Never saw one of these.
cny_chris
Monday, July 25, 2005 9:16:21 PM
They set up a tent, open on 3 sides with a low stage in it. There's usually someone spinning some tunes on a turntable, something with a real beat and plenty of synthesizers -- I guess you'd call it techno. Essentially it is performance art, starting off with a blank piece of posterboard, and spraying paint onto it, blending the colors, smudging with paper, always at a reasonably frenzied pace... for drama (and to dry the paint before applying another layer) they sometimes set the painting on fire. The crowd really gets into it, I've seen them 4 and 5 deep around the tent.

I have also seen pictures of custom work done on motorcycles, cars, helmets, cell phones, laptop computers, even full wall murals ... as they say, anything that the paint will stick to ...

cny_chris
Monday, July 25, 2005 9:17:37 PM
Boils, check your PM's again... it's there now....[:o)]

Boils The Clown
Tuesday, July 26, 2005 3:33:31 AM
Quote:

quote:

Boils, check your PM's again... it's there now....[:o)]

[;)]
UserPostedImage
Boils The Clown
Tuesday, July 26, 2005 3:56:38 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by gruelurks

So I see the pics, but whats the gimmick? Never saw one of these.

Don't be fooled, yes there is a Gimmick/a.k.a. Gaff to the joint !
UserPostedImage