flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, July 15, 2005 5:59:50 AM
I just recieved this reply>>>>>>

Mr. Brown:

Lisa is not one of my reporters, but I will get your note to the proper editor.
Thanks for writing. Someone will get back to you.

Thanks,

Jim Baumann
Fox Valley Editor
Daily Herald

I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
Trucker090
Friday, July 15, 2005 7:35:45 AM
I have been around and have operated a Eli Wheel many many years. I have also seen people fall out of them, but it was always the riders falt that it happened. The old lap bars were wood and once I had two heffers <about 250-300lbs. each> start rocking as soon as they cleared the finger masher, well you guessed it the bar broke and they fell to the ground. Another time the rider reached out and pulled the bar lock and opened the bar to show off, lucky he was also close to the ground.

Hey Flamo can I be like Pinetar too?
<h5>"If you cant run with the BIG dogs stay on the porch"</h5>

UserPostedImage

http://wwwseattlewheel.ning.com
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, July 15, 2005 7:06:48 PM
Matt Cook is the biggest booster of Windy City here.....He's been a lil too silent on this matter.....
archived01
Friday, July 15, 2005 8:15:28 PM
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by with-it

Matt Cook is the biggest booster of Windy City here.....He's been a lil too silent on this matter.....

I can understand that and if I were in his shoes I would stay out of it as well. He works part time over there so less said best said.
Skywheelrider
Friday, July 15, 2005 8:26:02 PM
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by Scuba875

引用:

quote:

I can understand that and if I were in his shoes I would stay out of it as well. He works part time over there so less said best said.

I agree, being with a show puts a whole different perspective on ride accidents. Working with a show, even part time like Matt does, makes it touchy to say anything publicly about an accident involving the show, you could all of a sudden find yourself in trouble yourself. And put the show in a bad place as well. I can almost garauntee that all show employees (including Matt) were told by show management to not say anything publicly.

And if any kind of accident were to happen on our show, and I find myself in a similar situation (to Matt) you better believe I will not be making any public comments, not here or anywhere. The absolute last thing you want in a situation like that is for misinformation to be given out, even if it is inadvertent. Lawyers are always looking for a slip of the tounge, so to speak, in situations like that. So basically, IMHO, I find any criticizm of Matt completely unwarranted.

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Friday, July 15, 2005 9:49:03 PM
matt has been in wisconsin for the last week. He's in the dells if anyone wants to join him. That would also be why I took care of the clock issues, until it got over my head

引用:

quote:

www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
Matt C.
Friday, July 15, 2005 10:32:01 PM
引用:

quote:

WITH-IT, What is there to boost and what is the matter with silence?

Thanks Ryan, yes, been out of town for the past week and didnt catch the postings until today. When I know more, I will report in, but for the time being, everyone pretty much covered everything on the board.

As for Mr. Martin's comments, I was not surprised at all to read them. Just out of curiosity, what are his official credentials? For example, I know one of the State ride inspectors who reviewed the ride after the accident is a engineer.
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
cny_chris
Saturday, July 16, 2005 5:47:21 AM
引用:

quote:

Posted - 07/16/2005 : 02:32:01 AM by Matt C.

As for Mr. Martin's comments, I was not surprised at all to read them. Just out of curiosity, what are his official credentials? For example, I know one of the State ride inspectors who reviewed the ride after the accident is a engineer.

About a year ago, there was a deposition of Mr. Martin that was posted here at MCW. I don't recall who posted it, nor do I have a copy (anyone still have a copy of it?). From other posts, and my recollections:

<ul><li>He is a certified private inspector of amusement devices in the Commonwealth of Virginia </li><li> Up to around 1993, he was a Paramedic </li><li>His only degree is an Associate's Degree in Criminal Justice </li><li>He has never owned, operated, maintained, fabricated or designed an amusement ride </li><li>He is not an engineer</li></ul>

There is some interesting reading here, the case has been settled, take it for what it is worth:

http://masstort.org/Downloads/MartinComplaint.pdf 
http://masstort.org/Downloads/KRMPR.pdf 
http://masstort.org/masstort/mo...;file=article&sid=78 

Does that clarify things, Matt?
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
carnahan
Saturday, July 16, 2005 5:29:46 PM
yes , no, i don't know ! the only three answers to give!
man is the only animal that can blush , or has the need to !
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Saturday, July 16, 2005 8:19:20 PM
wow, my wife has her masters in crimanal justice, does this make her more qualifed??
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, July 16, 2005 8:20:42 PM
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by Matt C.

引用:

quote:

WITH-IT, What is there to boost and what is the matter with silence?

I'm just saying your biggest Fan here.....nothing wrong with silence. Just waiting for the "inside scoop" from someone on the show. It would be like asking Sixcat for info on something happing on Reithoffer.
The Source
Tuesday, July 19, 2005 5:47:49 AM
Any word on the outcome. I like the Salernos and hope all goes well for them.
orphaned
Thursday, July 21, 2005 3:30:11 AM
BUMP...any updates, Chicago guys?
Kristopher
Thursday, July 21, 2005 4:17:05 AM
I just fee like it's so wrong what these lawyers are doing to encourage people to sue the heck out of the rest of the country. I had a chance to meet some people from Windy City a few years ago and will say that they are A-1 nice people.

This whole thing sounds like a scam to me.
orphaned
Thursday, July 21, 2005 5:22:25 AM
It ver well could be a scam....and we still don't have the answers to the questions.

Was the guy intoxicated? Was he rocking the seat? Did he open the lap bar? Did he jump out? How did he fall and the little girl not?

Twenty feet is a two story fall.... People can jump that far....is the only witness the guy's wife and daughter? What about the ride op? Did he see anything?

Just wondering....