razduck
  •  razduck
  • 50.36% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Wednesday, July 6, 2005 4:59:36 AM
there is a lot a talk at mcw about chicago shows and midwest shows.
does anyone remember jack thompson shows and leonard shipley?
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, July 6, 2005 1:30:46 PM
I saw Jack Thompson show once in 1989 when they booked in with the William D Stanley Shows in Benton Ark.

Rides at the time were a Eli Wheel, Sky Wheel, Radar, Rok n Rol, Twister, Tip Top, Spider, Hurricane, Tilt and some kid rides that I can't think of.

I remember Ad's from a couple of shows that I wont mention where they would ask..." Jack Thompson please call!" I was told by an OLD friend that he was their "angel"
chukaluk
Sunday, July 17, 2005 9:06:54 AM
I played with Jack Thompson at Victoria Texas almost by Accident. I was playing another spot which closed and Victoria was i/2 over and Dave Kelly ,A good friend talked me into booking with Jack for the last Week end.Jack put me right up front and i had a jam up 3 days.It was really only a 3 day fair any way.Virgil Vines had his baskets in the back end and had the marks so burnt they were throwing rocks at the agents.Literally.
charles keeler
razduck
  •  razduck
  • 50.36% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Sunday, July 17, 2005 11:17:59 AM
do you remember leonaed shipley?
chukaluk
Monday, July 18, 2005 5:07:09 AM
im not sure if i met Leonard,I was only there 3 days.That was the first time i saw Thompson in Texas.You,ll forgive me i am very bad with names.Especially now.I knew swo many of the flat store agents as they used my hanky pank balloon store to break up the flats,
charles keeler
bigdaves
Thursday, July 21, 2005 5:13:09 AM
Jack Thompson Shows, is now Goldstar Amusements, owned by Jacks daughter Connie whom is married to Mike Featherston. Very nice show and Mike runs this show with excellance. Be on the lookout, this will be one of the premeir shows in the near future.

Jack and his wife Hope have been gone for several years.

Leonard Shipley is still alive and still living in the New Orleans area with wife Dooty.
DL
razduck
  •  razduck
  • 50.36% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Thursday, July 21, 2005 8:03:18 AM
thanks for the update on jack and leonard.
leonard must be getting up in age.