Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman Topic Starter
Wednesday, June 29, 2005 7:20:19 PM
LOts of shows around NWI and Chicago this weekend.

Chicagoland-

All Star-Arlington Heights + lombard

Skinner-Crystal Lake and mundeline

Astro-Dixon and bartlett

Spectacular-Hoffman Estates and Naperville

Fantasy-Mount Prospect

All Around-Lilse

Burton Brothers-Beecher IL

Great American Shows-Chicago Heights

Alpine-Elmwood and Bartlet (with astro)

Midwest Midways-Cicero

IN Indiana

Midwest Midways-Highland IN (and they filled the park!!!)

Anderson Amusements-Cedar Lake

Wabash Valley-Whiting (covering a carnival tyme shows spot)

Sterling Crown-Chesterton

Gary-not sure who yet.
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
Wednesday, June 29, 2005 7:28:36 PM
Midwst Midways in Higland lineup

Funhouse, peter paul, kiddie airplanes, windshear, Ring-of-fire, thunderbolt, gravy train, wisdom wheel, force 10, tilt, dragon wagon, slide, M-G-R, mardi Gras, 2 hamptons, scrambler, spider, moonwalks

Astro had it the last 2 years, ussualy put in like 12 rides, nice to see midwest back in there, they filled the park up, rides and equipment everywhere. All the rides where un by wenesday afternoon and where being bulbed and cleaned. Show is looking great this year.
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
archived05
Thursday, June 30, 2005 6:01:49 PM
Windy City might be in Palatine. I'm not sure because I don't live by there, but last year during the 4th of July weekend they were there. If the town wasn't Palatine, it was at least near Arlington Heights. I remember passing the All Star Amusements carnival last year on the way there.

I miss Astro at Hoffman Estates, and at a church in Chicago called St. Thecla during the summer. I really get sick of seeing so much of Fantasy, and All Around Amusements.
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
Thursday, June 30, 2005 7:19:04 PM
sorry, forgot

windy city -palatine, oak forrest, morton grove, and a 4th spot I am not allowed to name. (hush secret spot)

cicero is 3 midwest midways peices and the rest is rick haneys.
www.modernmidways.com 
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
Thursday, June 30, 2005 7:53:31 PM
Did a carnival tour of duty today, after the rain stopped, here we go (get a pepsi and popcorn)

Started off by swinging by the porter county fair grounds in valpo IN, Cumberland Valley sometimes sends stuff in early, nothing yet, a couple of food trailers spoted and blocked already (fair is over a month away)

Went to Chesteron IN, Sterling Crown Shows, still setting up, scrambler, moonwalk, spider, tilt, 2 hamptons, train, tea cups, and a fun house. Nice little set up.

Went to gary IN, adversting a carnival, used to be played by kenny detty, nothing now, don't know why they still say carnival.

Then heaed to Midwest Midways in Highland IN. Robert briggs says hello to all on the board. Meet Cosmo the game concessioare, has very nice joints. There new mardi gras came from kevin exum. Midwest is having a good season. Spotted a online celebirty, our own secret squirrel was there doing some emergancy repairs. Midwest tilt got hit by a drunk driver in route to highland, and squirrel was on the job.

Left and went to whiting IN, fest is litturaly on lake michigan, beautiful lot. Festival has down hill a little, used to be tons of indy food trailers and vendors, pretty much only carnival now. Wabash Valley Rides on the midway, covering for carnival tyme-zipper, swinger, sizzler, loop-o-plane, round up, cobra, wheel, lady bugs, tea cups, MGR, slide, kidstown, kidde kars, kiddie trucks, astro liner, heartflip.

Headed to IL after whiting, went and swung by Great American Shows, show is looking good, MGR, slide, tilt, zipper, swinger, gravy train, scrambler, hamptons, SA airplanes, moonwalk. Show has alot of fresh paints. The sipper looks great, orange trailer, looks sharp.

Headed down south and visited Burton Brothers in Crete. Show looks great. Rides where getting washed, you know they care about there equipment when they don' use scrub brushes, they use soft cloths to wash the rides down. Duvall looked great with there joints there. Burtons have some great food trailers. The frolic is out there year and looks sharp as hell, purple and teal, looks better than new. The boys did alot of work this winter and it shows. Lineup-ali baba, gravy train, rocko-wheel, scrambler, expo wheel, frolic, truck ride, MGR, slide, dragon wagon, bear afair, kidde boats, jurrasic park inflate, riaders, hamptons, spider, air planes. Gravy train was bulbed 100 percent. Other rides where being lit and taken to 100 percent, looking great.

Headed home, stopped by anderson amusements in cedar lake IN, still setting up, round up, swinger, octopus, scrambler, scoter, kidstown, MGR, tanks, train. Sue Ann's connecsions booked in with games.

Thats it, hope I didn't bore you too much
www.modernmidways.com 
squirrel
Friday, July 1, 2005 2:43:19 AM
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by Ryan

Then heaed to Midwest Midways in Highland IN. Robert briggs says hello to all on the board. Meet Cosmo the game concessioare, has very nice joints. There new mardi gras came from kevin exum. Midwest is having a good season. Spotted a online celebirty, our own secret squirrel was there doing some emergancy repairs. Midwest tilt got hit by a drunk driver in route to highland, and squirrel was on the job.

-- ya caught me --

Yup, I was out doing some 'hired' work, spot repairs mainly... Mostly electrical, as that's what I specialize in. The new box should be done today (damned drunk drivers) and ready for action. I have been doing side jobs mostly for the last couple months...

I have to say that Midwest has come a LONG way over the last few years, with the addition of major pieces like the Windshear, the Thunderbolt, and the Force-10, plus their already huge lineup, I'd say (and have said before) that they are an operation to contend with. Even the help looks better than in years past --

I also have to agree with Ryan -- the lot there in Highland does look alot better when it's filled with equipment like it is now. There is not much room for more to be put in there (maybe a Zipper or something) but other than that, they covered the lot quite well (plus having another unit operating somewhere else).
squirrel
Friday, July 1, 2005 2:46:32 AM
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by Ryan

...<snip>...
and a 4th spot I am not allowed to name. (hush secret spot)
...<snip>...

PM me with this one man -- you didn't mention any secret spots yesterday -- now you're holding out on me -- I see how it is [}:)].
Matt C.
Friday, July 1, 2005 10:09:53 AM
I'll second that Midwest Midways has GROWN A LOT since they first began. They have really put some effort into the operation and have taken it a long ways. I saw the recently refurbished Spider a few weeks ago- its very cool looking!

Glad to hear your back at it Squirrel [:D]

Ryan, is Anderson's old time generator still tickin?
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
archived05
Friday, July 1, 2005 3:25:49 PM
I went to Astro and Alpine in Bartlett, and was pretty disappointed. The lineup includes Downdraft (like Hurricane), Ring of Fire, Wipeout, Small Ferris Wheel, Gravitron, a Tilt, and some kiddie ride with an Octopus on it that just spins the arms. Unlimited rides were $16 for five hours. They also had the Bear show (by Astro) which stunk because you could bearly (no pun attended) hear them, and the song was unrecognizable.

Dixon must have (I don't know. I havn't been there.) got the good stuff including the Spin Out, Orbitor, Cliffhanger, Double Shock, Pharoah's Fury, and the Starship 3000. Well, some of it is good.
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
Friday, July 1, 2005 4:03:07 PM
the good old anderson generator is still out there and ticken, plenty of cat liter sitting by the side (seriously).

Anyone who has ever seen anderson knows the genny I am talking about
www.modernmidways.com 
archived01
Friday, July 1, 2005 5:04:46 PM
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by Zippersnumb1

I went to Astro and Alpine in Bartlett, and was pretty disappointed. The lineup includes Downdraft (like Hurricane), Ring of Fire, Wipeout, Small Ferris Wheel, Gravitron, a Tilt, and some kiddie ride with an Octopus on it that just spins the arms. Unlimited rides were $16 for five hours. They also had the Bear show (by Astro) which stunk because you could bearly (no pun attended) hear them, and the song was unrecognizable. Dixon must have (I don't know. I havn't been there.) got the good stuff including the Spin Out, Orbitor, Cliffhanger, Double Shock, Pharoah's Fury, and the Starship 3000. Well, some of it is good.

That's not Alpines spot he is in Elmwood Park. Donnie is booked in there with the Wipeout, Hy5 Wheel and Big Truck ride. I was out there today fixing the compressor on his Wipeout. I thought there would have been more equipment there myself. Dixon must be a huge spot. I did get to see some old friends like Willie and Russle so that was nice. I also met Russ Kissle and he is a really nice guy. Who would ever of thought there would be a shortage of equipment in the Chicago area. LOL

Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
Friday, July 1, 2005 5:10:32 PM
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by Scuba875

. I was out there today fixing the compressor on his Wipeout. I thought there would have been more equipment there myself.

josh "breaking in" equipment again??
www.modernmidways.com 
archived05
Friday, July 1, 2005 7:04:37 PM
What ride is Windshear at Highland Indiana? Reports have come in saying that a 9 year old died on the ride by flying out of it. It's sad.
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
Friday, July 1, 2005 7:08:32 PM
Zipper beat me to it, Midwests Windshear malfunctioned tonight and a 9year old boy died at the scene. The ride was inspected by 2 indiana inspectors, the local fire inspetcor and the local electrical inspector while I was on the lot and had passed inspection. More details when they are available.
www.modernmidways.com 
Boils The Clown
Friday, July 1, 2005 7:49:19 PM
secret.squirrel Posted - 07/01/2005 : 06:46:32 AM
引用:

quote:

-- ya caught me --

So that's where you been hiding !
Come See My Fun House ,  & My Fun House Photo Gallery  
UserPostedImage
~ By All Means.....When In Doubt .....Jump On The "Blame Boils Bandwagon" ! ~