Ted
  •  Ted
  • 62.08% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Sunday, June 19, 2005 8:21:34 AM
Went by state fair park late last night around midnight and noticed rides setup (way way to early for the state fair which is in aug.) Just wondered who it may be, I will make the trip back out today to see but it looked like a chance giant wheel and zipper from the distance, which makes me wonder because that rules out blomsness or anyone else from around here. Maybe reed expo??
Matt C.
Sunday, June 19, 2005 8:28:29 AM
I wonder if it is Matt Armstrong?
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Sunday, June 19, 2005 12:43:51 PM
sterling crown?? LOL
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, June 19, 2005 2:17:15 PM
Quote:

quote:

sterling crown?? LOL

Dude that's F-ing Dumb!
Randy D.
Sunday, June 19, 2005 2:49:11 PM
Its not Matt Armstrong Shows just seen them today in Ottawa Illinois. The Lion's club that puts on the carnival calls them Todd Armstrong Shows is that the son that is running the show now? Show doesnt look to bad, especially with all the show has been through in the last few years. Every ride was running. Went during the day, so not sure on a bulb count. I did take some day time pics of the rides. Line up: Chance Giant Wheel, Chance 3 Abreast Merry Go Round, Wisdom Hymalya, Inverter, Tilt, Sizzler, Pharaoh's Fury, Keeper Krypt haunted house, Ring of Fire, Orient express, Hampton, Wind jammer, Dizzy Dragons, Rio Grande Train, Happy Pond, and a smaller raiders type piece. Rides looked in pretty good shape. Glad to see they are making their way back!!!
Ted
  •  Ted
  • 62.08% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Monday, June 20, 2005 5:14:41 PM
Sorry to disappoint all (wasnt a chance wheel), but it was only tip top shows, saw them two weeks ago as well in rockford illinois. They looked "ok" same lineup as always. Mulligan wheel, zipper, ali baba, octopus, martions, raiders....
Boils The Clown
Monday, June 20, 2005 5:18:46 PM
Did you see BIGRED ?? Was he working ?
Come See My Fun House ,  & My Fun House Photo Gallery  
UserPostedImage
~ By All Means.....When In Doubt .....Jump On The "Blame Boils Bandwagon" ! ~
SandellTheSplinterhead
Thursday, June 23, 2005 1:05:24 PM
Last I heard, Milwaulkee Summerfest is run by Murphy Bros. while the Wisconsin State Fair is run by Bluegrass
Bart: How would I go about creating a 1/2 man, 1/2 monkey type creature?
Sunday school teacher: I'm sorry but that would be playing god.
Bart: GOD SCHMOD! I WANT MY MONKEY MAN!
prestonbros
Thursday, June 23, 2005 3:04:21 PM
The norm in the past has been that Murphy Bros. had both Summerfest and the Wisconsin State Fair. Tip Top Shows is normally in Oshkosh WI this weekend for the Country USA festival. The "big" rides played Oshkosh while they took the other half of the show to a mall in Madison along with the candy wagons and games which don't play Oshkosh. I'm guessing that Ed may have dumped out of Oshkosh for the Milwaukee Mile race which is this weekend. Also, Ed will have Tip Top in Oshkosh next weekend for Sawdust Days. Murphy moves into Milwaukee for Summerfest next weekend, beginning on June 30th. That's a funny date though, no games, no candy wagons, just the rides.
David P Bastian