Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Tuesday, June 14, 2005 7:31:01 AM
Any rumors of new rides coming out this year or next!
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, June 14, 2005 12:34:49 PM
Personally I don't think anyone ( US) plans to put anything new out anytime soon.

Which makes me wonder how Chance is making it? What are they building beside a "Aviator" here and there, and their KMG "swing" ride, but I dont' think they are building that many.

I know shows are having a tough time, but with the Euro exchange rate higher than the dollar and depending on who you listen too, it's not likely to reverse anytime soon, it would seem that the US MGF's have an oppritunitiy ahead of them. But that is only my thoughts.
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, June 14, 2005 4:08:15 PM
There is a Flood of Used Rides out there now....Why would a Show buy a "new" piece just to change the ride line-up when there are so many used rides out there that you can get for deeply discounted prices. With so many companys and shows doing Re-furbing you can get a older "tried and true" ride for half the money of a new piece. With teh economy the way it is and expences going higher for shows to make a profit they will have to cut spending. When you buy a ride for $300,000 that ride will need to gross over $500,000 to break even by the time you figure help, transpotation, insurance, maintance and committee costs. That's alot of tickets.
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, June 14, 2005 4:38:28 PM
Glenn I hear what you are saying and I agree with you. But someone somewhere has to be thinking creativly and some shows want to buy new DIFFERENT rides from time to time and why arn't those rides being build in the USA? That's all I"m asking. IT's not like someone has started building low cost "NEW" rides in Mexico or Asia. Europian rides are expensive even when the economy is good.

Just a thought.
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, June 14, 2005 5:09:27 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Glenn I hear what you are saying and I agree with you. But someone somewhere has to be thinking creativly and some shows want to buy new DIFFERENT rides from time to time and why arn't those rides being build in the USA? That's all I"m asking. IT's not like someone has started building low cost "NEW" rides in Mexico or Asia. Europian rides are expensive even when the economy is good.

Just a thought.

There are "Clone" rides being made in the Chezh Republic. The thing with rides is that there is still only so many ways to go around back and forth. I think the focus will be on Themeing insted of actual new designs.
Bossman
Tuesday, June 14, 2005 5:13:41 PM
Something different???..We have turned the human body in every possible direction, but inside out..The only new ideas seem to be old ideas with new bells and whistles..And add some flash and a new name and what you have is a winner..Am I right or am I right??
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, June 14, 2005 5:58:24 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Bossman

Something different???..We have turned the human body in every possible direction, but inside out..The only new ideas seem to be old ideas with new bells and whistles..And add some flash and a new name and what you have is a winner..Am I right or am I right??

Did'nt I just say that?