Benjibear
  •  Benjibear
  • 80.26% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Monday, February 19, 2007 10:48:50 AM
I saw a recent post about a recent movie with a carnivals in movies. does anyone know about a database with such information listed. I think that would be interesting knowing about carnivals and amusement parks that have showed up in TV or movies, where was it taped, what rides are shown, etc.
I have seen something like this for train shots in movies.
If you know about anything like this let me know. Or if you have information on movies that have such scenes, I will start to put something together so it can be shared with others that may be interested.
~John
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
Hambone
  •  Hambone
  • 55.16% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, February 19, 2007 11:44:02 AM
imdb.com every thing you want to know about movies, tv, actors, actresses ect.
Alabama 18 time National Champions Roll Tide
cny_chris
Monday, February 19, 2007 12:37:59 PM
There have been at least half a dozen posts here before discussing what shows were in what movies. I don't have time at the moment to search the archives for them, but when I get a chance I will.

Movies often discussed in the topics include Doc Hollywood, Passenger 57, one of the Child's Play movies, among others.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
Skywheelrider
Monday, February 19, 2007 12:58:50 PM
Doc Hollywood....Mighty Bluegrass Shows
Passenger 57....Interstate Amusements
My Girl....Strates Shows
Sleeping With The Enemy....Amusements of America
Grease....Atlas Greater Shows (no longer in business)
Childs Play 3....B&B Amusements
Miami Vice, an episode in season one....Amusements of America

That's all I can think of at the moment. lol

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Ridee-O
Monday, February 19, 2007 1:14:31 PM
[:)]best carnival in a movie I ever saw was Crafts 20 Big Shows in Alfred Hitchcock's "Strangers on a train" The closing scene with the Merry-go-Round is unforgettable. Probably came out in the early 50's
Predatorocks
Monday, February 19, 2007 1:21:28 PM
Whose show was in Charlotte's Webb (2006)? And you didn't see that one...[;)] Now, you will.
oscar de grouch
Monday, February 19, 2007 1:41:11 PM
Hey Ridee-O.... does that scene involve the MGR spinning with some sort of storm going on and weird things happening like acid eating away at the horses and people on it?
Thriller
Monday, February 19, 2007 1:46:09 PM
Movie "Big" - Reithoffer Shows
MikeH
  •  MikeH
  • 50.24% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, February 19, 2007 1:56:53 PM
Los Lobos LaBamba Movie Video-----Ray Cammack Shows
xcreeper
Monday, February 19, 2007 2:06:02 PM
MikeH
  •  MikeH
  • 50.24% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, February 19, 2007 2:47:11 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by xcreeper

60 minutes ,united

Inside Edition Carnival Time Shows [;)]
cny_chris
Monday, February 19, 2007 4:00:11 PM
OK.... there were pages and pages of topics that mentioned carnivals or parks in movies, so I'm summarizing them here, some may already have been mentioned previously:

Movies
Charlotte's Web was filmed in Australia
Caddyshack 2 was A of A
Sleeping With the Enemy was A of A (in Wilmington, NC?)
Delta Force was Zabels Amusements
The Boys was Powers
The Young Prey, aka Sixteen was John Keefe's Capital City Shows
Problem Child 2 was Royal American Shows
Rollercoaster (2003) was PNE Playland Park
Rollercoaster (mid 1970's) was King's Dominion, Magic Mountain, and Ocean View Park
The Funhouse was Megerle Rides & Shows
Something Wicked This Way Comes was Coleman Bros.
Hearts In Atlantis was Funtime and Kissel Bros.
The Boy Who Could Fly was Shooting Star?
Uptown Girls was Silver Dollar's Teacup ride set up at Coney Island
Big Fish was B&B Amusements
My Girl was Strates Shows
Passenger 57 was Interstate Amusements of America
Doc Hollywood was MBGS or Butler Amusements
Never Been Kissed was Alpine Amusements
Carny was Johnny's United Shows
Child's Play 3 was B&B Amusements
Grease was Atlas Greater Shows
The Jerk was Fiesta Shows
Big was Reithoffer Shows
Mischief (1983) was Otterbacher's Amusements
Where the Rivers Flow North (1993) was Wonderful World Shows
The Fury includes Great American Show's 1974 Hrubetz Paratrooper

Unknown shows, can you fill in the blanks?

The Sandlot
The Stupids
Roustabout
Joe Dirt
Invasion U.S.A.
Mighty Joe Young
State Fair (1933)
Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken
Two Moon Junction
Hairspray
Mask
Darkman
Big Fish
Mom's Got a Date With A Vampire
Bronco Billy
Carpool
Powder

TV Shows
In The Heat of the Night (TV Show) was Drew Expo
Miami Vice was A of A
CSI - ?

Music Videos
Dave Matthews Band - American Baby was McDonagh's in the Silverdome
John Mellencamp - Lonely Ol' Night was CVS or Farrow
Pink - Who Knew was Shamrock Shows
Gibson/Miller Band - Big Heart (?)
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
jackpot59102
Monday, February 19, 2007 4:59:02 PM
A Girl Named Sooner.... Kissel Bros. Shows
Skywheelrider
Monday, February 19, 2007 5:50:36 PM
Let's not forget 20/20 visiting Murphy Bros. Expo inside the Louisiana Superdome about ten years ago or so.

Back in the mid-1980's, 20/20 did another expose' on carnivals, going around the country talking about safety, games, ride help, etc. They visited various lots, on one lot in particular as soon as they showed up, the show closed down, they showed it happening.

The Lonely Ole' Night video was CVS, filmed in Bloomington, Indiana.

Doc Hollywood was definitely MBGS, it was filmed in Richmond, Florida (according to the credits that is where it was filmed).

There was a television show on NBC starting around 1983 or so that stared Ched Everett, Jim Varney, and Hoyt Axton, called "The Rousters." It was set on carnival, Chad was Wyatt Earp III, and Varney was his brother, and those two along with their mother were bounty hunters, but also worked for a carnival named "Sladetown" that was owned by Hoyt Axton (who played "Slade"). I have the original pilot episode on tape, and the opening theme contained many ride scenes, including a nice Sky Wheel. It was filmed in California, and the rides featured on the Sladetown midway were an Eli 12-seat wheel, Octopus, Loop-O-Plane, Tilt-A-Whirl, Round Up, Watkins Swinger, Fun House, M-G-R (A.H. I believe), A.H. Helicopters, and a few other kiddie rides. My question is, a show name was never given (the show lasted parts of two seasons), maybe the rides were purchased for use in the show only? Had an old time look to it, they also had a sideshow, plus stuff like the strong man, magician, fortune teller, etc. Chad played the lotman, basically, took care of problems and such in addition to being a bounty hunter. Interesting show, mainly for the carnival aspect. Otherwise it was rather corny. lol

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
BSA Mike
Monday, February 19, 2007 6:08:25 PM
*Edit*

i read thru chris' post quick and didn't see uptown girls listed...