Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Monday, November 20, 2006 12:40:38 PM
Just wanted to let you guys know that Mark Stanley and his father Jay of Texas were involved in a car wreak last Saturday night. I have heard from Mark and he has some injuries but his father is in ICU in a Austin Tx Hospital.

Just thought some of you might want to know that.

The Stanleys ownend S&W Amusements till 1974 ( Now known as Todd Armstrong Shows) and later owned Jay Stanley Shows.

Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, November 20, 2006 3:39:42 PM
rockin ron
Friday, November 24, 2006 9:33:24 AM
I believe they had stuff booked in with Twin City Shows when I was there in late fall of 1977 down in Louisiana and Mississippi.I remember them as being pretty good folks.
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Saturday, December 2, 2006 9:06:13 AM
Just recieved a email from Mark.

He says his Father ( Jay Stanley) is still in the hospital but at the Nero center. He said he's not doing very well.

Mark has a busted knee with Pins in it and now has an infection in his lower lung.

Keep these guys in your prayers.
oldcarnie
Sunday, December 3, 2006 12:22:07 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by rockin ron

I believe they had stuff booked in with Twin City Shows when I was there in late fall of 1977 down in Louisiana and Mississippi.I remember them as being pretty good folks.

Hi, I used to own Twin City Shows. We bought the first rides we had from the Stanleys but they were never booked with us. I am sorry to hear the bad news but when Eddie died they said they didnt even remember him or me!
Pat
rockin ron
Tuesday, December 5, 2006 11:51:26 AM
Sorry to hear that Eddie passed away Pat.I worked for Jim McKnight that fall when we came over.I was his roughie.Don't know if you would remember me my name is Ron and I use to talk a bit to you all because I was from St. Louis.You all came back to Missouri that winter and your ride help came to our winter quarters in Macomb,Ms.

Maggie
Wednesday, December 6, 2006 9:55:54 AM
Jimmy Mc Knight! Twin City Shows! Wow, had joints with Matt the Cat Armnstrong when my kids were growing up. Just the names made me smile. And Fast Eddie Gordon! My daughter still talks about him. She used to ride around half the day with him on his green golf cart. Who are all you people? Throw out some more names. I've having a really good day now! Thanks!
oldcarnie
Friday, December 8, 2006 7:10:58 PM
I remember all of you & very nice to hear from you. Sometimes i wish i was back on the road but i dont think i could take it now. Todd Armstrong is my grandson and has TAS Shows & could go out there but i would most likely be too bossy LOL So i just visit. Have a Wonderful Christmas to you all.... Pat
Pat
midway1962
Saturday, December 9, 2006 6:49:21 PM
back in the mid,70's my dad had a grab over on eddies show, i was a kid but i remember it was a nice show lol
FOOD AND FUN
rockin ron
Sunday, December 10, 2006 7:44:52 AM
I am going to post some stuff I remember about Twin City Shows on the carnival history board and get it out of this final curtain section.
itsapartytx
Friday, March 26, 2021 4:12:08 AM
How. Are the. Stanley's they. Still. Have. There. Show. My. Name. Is. Lynn. Thompson I. Work for. Jay stanley and. Ma stanley his. Wife. And. Mark I. Was. Dating. Edward wilcox. And. Lost. Contact with. Him. I. Was. Wondering how. I. Can. Get. In. Touch with.( Ed wilcox ). Please. Contact me. Lynn thompson tahlequah oklahoma my. Phone number is. ( 479) 401-9650 or. (918) 417-3329. Thanks and. I'm. Sorry. About. Jay and. Mark stanley. Thank. Please. Find. Ed wilcox. Tell. Him. I'm looking for him. And. We. Had. A. Son. In. 1996. Justin wayne thompson. But. He. Committed sudide. 7 years ago March 22 2014. I. Never. Got. To. Tell. Edward. Wilcox he. Had. A. Son. Please. Find him for. Me.
Lynn thompson
Tahlequah oklahoma.
( 479) 401-9650 or. (918) 417-3329.
allendeannal39@gmail.com.