billdunn
Monday, December 4, 2006 10:59:28 AM
well done matt!! it's totaly awesome!! long live MCW!!
Bill dunn
BSA Mike
Monday, December 4, 2006 11:40:38 AM
Excellent updates, now ya got an ad director? Fancy lo l
Hambone
  •  Hambone
  • 55.16% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, December 4, 2006 11:45:58 AM
Nice work Matt!
Alabama 18 time National Champions Roll Tide
mamma teena
Monday, December 4, 2006 11:51:24 AM
Yet another great job Matt!!! Thank You!!!
Always,Mamma
"With It...For It... Love It...Live It"
Hoffa
  •  Hoffa
  • 51.98% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Monday, December 4, 2006 12:33:03 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Matt C.

Did anyone check out the new, first annual TOP 50 FAIRS and Carnivals listings? We have a version posted online and some hand outs in Vegas!

Yep... You forgot to put us in at 20...
A man's legacy isn't the business he leaves behind; it's the family he leaves behind.

skywheel88
Monday, December 4, 2006 1:25:20 PM
The changes look really sharp.[:D] I love the new logo!
Kenny.

SideWinder
Monday, December 4, 2006 1:27:10 PM
AWSOME NEW LOOK MATT.............. Keep up the great work
clemson
Monday, December 4, 2006 4:26:36 PM
Very nice look. One commment on the top 50 fairs: I think the best metric is paid attendance. Using estimated attendance is so subjective and prone to puffing that it causes some doubt on the credibility of the fair. Is there anyway to put the paid attendance in parentheses and/or have a separate ranking for those fairs that report the paid attendance? I mean, based on reported attendance, Raleigh is the 25th fair in North America. Ask food concessionaires that play Raleigh and say Tulsa or Oklahoma City for instance which fair is stronger.
Jzrider0720
Monday, December 4, 2006 6:18:15 PM
looks good matt. any plans for new merchandise?
Greg
  •  Greg
  • 55.58% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Tuesday, December 5, 2006 3:08:52 AM
Looks really nice! Keep up the good work![8D]
My albums are all on Facebook!
Idahocarnivalman
Tuesday, December 5, 2006 6:01:18 AM
Hey looks good Matt keep up the good work. [:)]

Follow me on facebook. www.facebook.com/Nascarracefan1888 
You being stupid and lazy doesn't mean I should do your work.
MCW Editor
Tuesday, December 5, 2006 6:12:11 AM
Clemson,

The problem with having paid attendance only is that there are some legitimate free days or promotions such as a free adult with child day or a free gate promotion. Consequently, the fair must estimate those people who have definitely come to the fair and are part of the attendance.

There is a problem that it is not an apples to apples comparison but we are trying to get at a legitimate "total attendance" number. "Paid attendance" only may not reflect this number accurately. In the case of a free fair like Salem, Va or Ionia, MI which has previously been on fairs lists, it is very difficult to gauge attendance and we considered and will possibly consider again, leaving them off with out any additional information to strengthen the veracity of these numbers.

Thanks for the comments.
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, December 5, 2006 6:19:34 AM
Nice job, Matt.

On the home page below show movers there is a green sunburst with the words 'submit news and ideas'. This can be a great feature. All related news such as attendance and spending can be submitted through this means into worth while news items. New products, games and rides can be evaluated and submitted this way. I will submit observations, pictures and news events on the FW stock show, the safety seminar in Irving and news of the TX State Fair to name a few. As the new season begins I hope all of the folks on the road will do the same.

Matt, would you post the requirements for submitting news events?

Again, great job.................................................
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
WestCoastPat
Tuesday, December 5, 2006 6:47:20 AM

Quote:

quote:

Matt C. Posted - 12/04/2006 : 1:22:31 PM

Quote:

quote:

and is now updated DAILY!

It is 9:40 in the morning out here on the best coast and the new home page is still yesterdays. WTF is up with that Matt? LOL
Good Job on the changes-hard to believe this place has grown up so much right before our eyes.
WestCoastPat-Proud Mark of all things Carnival. STILL a "FAN BOY"-and proud of it.
PPatty256
Tuesday, December 5, 2006 6:50:49 AM
Awesome! This will be a great service to everyone in the biz!
When chosing between 2 evils, I like to chose the one I've never tried before...Mae West