Coastercameron
Wednesday, August 31, 2005 6:54:27 PM
This new filter is acting up again. I cant post a movie review about jurassic park or be named "texasshowman". It is editing out all combinations of a, s, and s. Even in the middle of words.
squirrel
Thursday, September 1, 2005 2:09:23 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Coastercameron

This new filter is acting up again. I cant post a movie review about jur***ic park or be named "tex***howman". It is editing out all combinations of a, s, and s. Even in the middle of words.

Unfortunately it will do that because of the combinations of the word we have had to put into the system in order to keep people from typing it. I will try to make some adjustments for you to see if we can straighten some of it out. I can't make any promises, but I will see what I can do about it.
Coastercameron
Thursday, September 1, 2005 5:49:02 PM
I personally dont think that language filters are worth the lines of code they are written in. THat is what modertaors are for. Maybe for stronger, more unique words, but the letters a s s happen in a line way to frequently. Just today I saw a post with the abbreviation "ass." in it that cleared. Did you fix it?
squirrel
Thursday, September 1, 2005 6:01:31 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Coastercameron

I personally dont think that language filters are worth the lines of code they are written in. THat is what modertaors are for. Maybe for stronger, more unique words, but the letters a s s happen in a line way to frequently. Just today I saw a post with the abbreviation "ass." in it that cleared. Did you fix it?

Funny you say that, because everyone else complains about being moderated or having their posts edited.

The sad fact is if that everyone could act like an adult and watch their mouth at the keyboard, neither would be necessary. Unfortunately, that is not the case, and here -- it takes both methods to control it. Especially when the moderators and admins work around here for free.

I made some changes. The filter shouldn't be quite so touchy anymore.

Enjoy--