Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Wednesday, August 31, 2005 7:15:15 AM
Did I miss the topic or has everyone on here missed the new Canvas and look that RCS has now?

Copyrighted Canvas... now that's big time!

for those of you who've not seen it, it looks like Dr. Suess designed their games! VERY NICE!
ScRaMbLeR-Man
Wednesday, August 31, 2005 8:01:11 AM
COOL! I will see RCS this October at the Arizona State Fair.

Looks like they have changed their website too!

http://www.raycammackshows.com/ 

Carnevil
Wednesday, August 31, 2005 8:13:47 AM
any pictures?
Its not impossible it just costs more.
Matt C.
Wednesday, August 31, 2005 10:49:30 AM
Press release from Waterloo Tent and Tarp:

RAY CAMMACK SHOWS RETHEMES SHOW

COSTA MESA, CA – Ray Cammack Shows debuted a rethemed show with a complete redesign of its canvas at the Orange County Fair in Costa Mesa, Calf. The new canvas was designed and created in a cooperative effort by RCS and Waterloo Tent & Tarp.

“We wanted to bring the customers something new they hadn’t seen before,” said Guy Leavitt, president and CEO of Ray Cammack Shows. “Our customers are spoiled with Disneyland and all the other amusement parks here. We have to go above and beyond.”

“The goal was a unique look that was going to attract attention,” said Joe Burum, president and owner of Waterloo Tent & Tarp. “There is so much we can do with designs that is new and exciting. Cammack Shows is leading the way and setting a new standard for theming a mobile amusement park.”

The copyrighted design, developed for the use of Ray Cammack Shows, was created in-house by the Waterloo design team.

“We’re really excited. We know it’s our look. When they see this design, they’ll know it’s RCS,” said Chris Leavitt, midway coordinator of Ray Cammack Shows.

“We expect to see an increase in ownership of new designs and color combinations in the future,” said Burum. “By copyrighting the design, a show can prevent others from duplicating the look. It helps each carnival create its own unique brand.”

Production of the new canvas was complicated due to the intricacies of the design.

“We had a good relationship with the team [at Waterloo]. We felt they were the ones who would make us look the best,” said Chris Leavitt.

“It takes real attention to detail to produce custom designs. Good communication between the customer, sales, and production is a must. Due to the aggressive time line, we challenged our production team to take their skills to a new level,” said Pete Downs, vice-president of sales and operations at Waterloo Tent & Tarp. “We motivated our production team with contests, treats, t-shirts and even brought in a masseuse. The result was a happy production team and great looking canvas.”

“We’re really excited. We like the look. Looks clean. Looks nice. Looks different,” said Chris Leavitt.

Waterloo Tent & Tarp has been providing creative, quality, shade structures for customers worldwide since 1884. The company is known for offering uniquely designed products that are custom-made to fit the needs of its clients. Waterloo Tent & Tarp’s shade structures can be found across the United States at carnivals, fairs, amusement parks, pools, playgrounds and events. For more information about Waterloo Tent & Tarp Company, Inc., visit the company’s Web site at www.waterlootent.com .

Photos courtesy of Waterloo Tent and Tarp:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
gruelurks
Wednesday, August 31, 2005 11:25:26 AM
Those are some slick looking joints there.
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Wednesday, August 31, 2005 11:44:06 AM
sweet joints

waterloo's stuff is getting better and better. That company has done so much design wise to better this industry.
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, August 31, 2005 12:28:30 PM
wow very nice job on the canvaus.Well the more and more i miss that show.
MikeH
  •  MikeH
  • 50.24% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Wednesday, August 31, 2005 1:05:36 PM
Best looking big show on the road.
ScRaMbLeR-Man
Wednesday, August 31, 2005 1:48:50 PM
WOW! The Leavitt's have done it again!
RCS does have one of the finest shows out there.
JimmyD
  •  JimmyD
  • 52.88% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, August 31, 2005 1:51:55 PM
I would venture to say that they are the best out there. However, it is much easier to be the best, when you play only big spots. I have been told, and correct me if I am wrong, but I was told that they have no spots that gross less than a million dollars. In that instance, they are playing nothing but big fairs, and they should be the best if that is the case. In any situation, I always enjoy looking at their show. It is an amazing thing to see. I wish I could see it in person.

Jimmy D
James Dillman III
Dillman Family Rides Inc.
Missin it
Wednesday, August 31, 2005 2:06:54 PM
Outstanding presentation! Definately sweet looking and eye catching
"Everytime you open your mouth you make it harder and harder to take you seriously"
V. Boombotz

If you can't defend your self don't make stupid comments (please)
ScRaMbLeR-Man
Wednesday, August 31, 2005 2:25:18 PM
They do small spots in town here. They are based in Leveen, Arizona and they do play at the Malls here in the Phoenix area. They will bring out 10 to 12 rides and play the Malls here.
daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, August 31, 2005 5:32:20 PM
i was going to say i think they have small spots.Ive noticed on their route list they have two new spots.On ei know they had last year but they just got it last year. That was the Fiesta days carnival in sant barbara and santas world in tempe az never herd of that spot.Lol and in the pictures up theri of the canvausses and stuff from the air i notice the creep show is in a new loaction. I wonder if they sold the choas.Does any one know
Skywheelrider
Wednesday, August 31, 2005 8:17:21 PM
I would have to agree, looks fantastic. I really want to see this show someday as well.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Matt C.
Wednesday, August 31, 2005 8:51:43 PM
I saw some of their stuff last year in Del Mar, man was it beautiful. I can only imagine what the entire show looks like.

Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com