Flying Coaster
Monday, August 1, 2005 7:14:16 PM
Anyone have any insight as to the ride lineup this year? (Who's & what?)Thanks.
All Skywheels should be yeller.
Flying Coaster
Wednesday, August 3, 2005 8:34:28 AM
If anyone knows, feel free to p.m. me.
Cstephens
Wednesday, August 3, 2005 8:50:10 AM
i think the illinois state fair is going to be an n.a.m.e event but since astro & bloomness have ben there before, i'm sure the'll be providing the rides this year, spectacular midways was there last year, not sure if they are coming back this year or not. all 3 shows have great rides though, but you'll see lots of duplicates there, like, 2 pharaoh's fury's 2 tilt's 2 wisdom himalayas etc. there is a little amusement park on the fairgrounds witch is open when the fair is open, they have a bumper car ride, an eli wheel (gound mounted) ali baba (booked on) spider, round up (non folding) tilt, scrambler & a few kiddie rides, when you get tickets or arm bands i think you can use them on the rides at the amusement park as well as on the state fair midway rides (just a thought)
Flying Coaster
Wednesday, August 3, 2005 7:02:37 PM
I reckon I'll have to go see for myself, I just got my Lynyrd Skynyrd tickets for next Saturday.[:D]
Skywheelrider
Wednesday, August 3, 2005 8:33:08 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Cstephens

i think the illinois state fair is going to be an n.a.m.e event but since astro & bloomness have ben there before, i'm sure the'll be providing the rides this year, spectacular midways was there last year, not sure if they are coming back this year or not. all 3 shows have great rides though, but you'll see lots of duplicates there, like, 2 pharaoh's fury's 2 tilt's 2 wisdom himalayas etc. there is a little amusement park on the fairgrounds witch is open when the fair is open, they have a bumper car ride, an eli wheel (gound mounted) ali baba (booked on) spider, round up (non folding) tilt, scrambler & a few kiddie rides, when you get tickets or arm bands i think you can use them on the rides at the amusement park as well as on the state fair midway rides (just a thought)

Just one question---where in the heck do you get your information?
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
orphaned
Thursday, August 4, 2005 3:29:22 AM
Good luck getting an answer Hurley....I can never get CStephens to answer anything.
MamaBear
Thursday, August 4, 2005 6:02:47 PM
I used to do that spot with goodings in the 70's One very nice and big fairgrounds.. also was a highlight of the season back then.. Is it still any good?
If Only Closed Minds Came with Closed Mouths!
MamaBear
Thursday, August 4, 2005 6:03:00 PM
I used to do that spot with goodings in the 70's One very nice and big fairgrounds.. also was a highlight of the season back then.. Is it still any good?
If Only Closed Minds Came with Closed Mouths!
Flying Coaster
Thursday, August 4, 2005 7:36:02 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by MamaBear

It's a nice place, & also the last spot I ever worked the ol' Skywheel. fitting, because I live in Illinois.
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Thursday, August 4, 2005 8:38:11 PM
they moved the midway loc. couple of years ago, not in the valley anymore, in the parking lot by the race track.
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
Flying Coaster
Friday, August 5, 2005 2:02:35 AM
Actually, where it's located now, is where it was before they moved it to Happy Hollow. At least in the current location, there is some air circulation & no 5% grades to deal with. Downside is that it's quite a bit farther from the campground area.
Flying Coaster
Tuesday, August 9, 2005 5:13:44 AM
So far, now midway web cam this year. I e-mailed them to inquire about it, the said more cams would be added as the fair approaches....but not as of yet. Here's the link from last years web cam.
http://www.agr.state.il....webcam/midway.php?cam=11 
Flying Coaster
Wednesday, August 10, 2005 3:57:58 PM
Webcam is up now.

Randy D.
Sunday, August 14, 2005 5:00:08 PM
Hey Coaster, do you have a ride line up for us? Heard that the Skynyrd concert was cancelled due to Van Zant being sick. That was going to be the best concert of the fair!
Flying Coaster
Sunday, August 14, 2005 6:05:53 PM
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Don't remind me.[:(!]
My wife & I went yesterday, the trip however, was short & sweet, due to an approaching storm system that dumped rain- 30 seconds after we got in the truck to leave. The concert might well have been rained out anyway. I wasn't able to get any pics, I had planned to go ride some rides, eat, & go get the camera & stuff, make a day of it. I got to ride the Mega-Drop for my first time, (what a blast, I would ride it all day if I could)[:D] Then they shut it down right after I got off because of the storm coming & possible lightning hazard. We basically ran for the truck a quarter mile away.
So, I'll try to list the rides as I remember.
T.M. Eli wheel,
Pharoah's Fury,
Starship 2000,
Double shock,
Downdraft,
Cliff Hanger,
Music Fest,
Ring of Fire,
Spinout,
Tilt,
Wisdom Himalaya,
Mega-Drop,
Slide,
Spidermania,
MGR.
Lots of kid rides, I didn't get in there.
Tinsley's had their portion there looking great as usual:
Spider,
Zumur,
G.M. Scrambler,
Predator,
Orient Express,
Maybe it was their Roundup in Adventure Village, another Pharoahs down there too, maybe theirs as well.
Also in A.V, I saw as we drove by, we didn't make it down there either.[:(!]
Fair-owned
G.M. Eli 16,
Spider,
Tilt,
Yo-Yo,
Bungy jump,
That's all I could see through rainy windows.
Noticeably absent on the main midway from last year,
Invertor,
Turbo Force.
Lots of space available for more rides. One perfect spot where a Skywheel would look great.[;)]
Sorry for the lack of pics, I was ready, but the weather had other plans. We missed a lot of other things that we wanted to see as well, but did get to see the butter cow!
Here's the midway cam link again, you can get to the other cams from that page as well. I'll edit my post if I remeber something I forgot to list.
http://www.agr.state.il....webcam/midway.php?cam=11