BigSumo
  •  BigSumo
  • 50.6% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Saturday, July 23, 2005 11:51:11 PM
Been about 5 weeks or so since I have been real active, been working several spots and only had time to read some post and make a few offhanded comments here and there.

This damn heat is getting unbearable. I know it is summer and it is always hot but my fat butt is not used to 90% humidity anfd the 100+ degrees we have been hitting here in the wonderfull state of California. I had to go to Arizona to get some relief.

I have worked a couple of interesting spots that are worth mentioning. I signed up to work a street festival in the Bay Area of California following the 4th of July disaster I worked, and it ended up being a Gay and Lesbian Prode event. Needless to say that is not my lifestyle and I would not have normally signed on for an event, by the time I was there it was too late and the check had cleared. So I to hell with it and set-up and made the best of it (It took my 12 year a few minutes to notice that guys were holding hands before he started laughing). With the exception of the heat, the event turned out to be one of the best I had this year. We were in the spot for four days and done a great business. Although the mannerisms were comical to me at times, the people were great, polite, and unlike other spots, we had not one theft the entire four days.

Unfortunately that is the only good news from the last 4 weeks or so. We played the O-Fest in Oceanside, CA for the 4th and it was a disaster. Expected attendance was 130,000 maybe 30K showed. No one had any money.

Following my return from te gay festival we were playing a jig lot in southern CA and on set-up day some gang banger got shot in from of the shopping center and we ended up having to open a day late due to the police investigation and then news crews broadcasting all four days of our spot no one wanted to come out so we were flat.

I roll up to my next spot a few miles away to find that the shopping center had a fire the night before and was 1/2 gone so we ended up being cancelled. So for the past 8 days I have road sided and done a few flea markets.

But I am back home for a few days to regroup.

Boils, damn it, you were suppose to meet AGAIN and din't !!!

I see I did not make Bigdaves list, oh well, maybe next year.

Oh yeah, I did but a snow cone joint while on the road, snow cones anyone ?

Oh yeah, since I know everyone will want to know, the donnikers at the Gay and Lesbian event were the cleanest I have ever seen.

Clarke

Jacta alea est - "The Die is Cast"
Boils The Clown
Sunday, July 24, 2005 1:02:31 AM
Arm Wrestle Me !
Come See My Fun House ,  & My Fun House Photo Gallery  
UserPostedImage
~ By All Means.....When In Doubt .....Jump On The "Blame Boils Bandwagon" ! ~
plbrown
Sunday, July 24, 2005 2:57:33 AM
Welcome back Big Sumo[:D]
Been hot here in Delaware...I went to the Delaware
State Fair (Wade Shows)Friday night..I had to leave
early because of the heat.I was dehydrated,so I
didn't have much fun[:(].I plan to go again tommorrow.
Anyway welcome back.

Paula
UserPostedImage
BigSumo
  •  BigSumo
  • 50.6% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Sunday, July 24, 2005 7:22:18 PM
Thanks Plbrown...although not back for long, hitting the road Monday evening again.

Clowny, anytime, anyplace, you CAN'T TOUCH THIS !
Clarke

Jacta alea est - "The Die is Cast"
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Sunday, July 24, 2005 7:34:22 PM
the gay fest in Chicago are big money. All the peddlars stock up and work the parades and festival.
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
Boils The Clown
Sunday, July 24, 2005 7:41:49 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Ryan

the gay fest in Chicago are big money. All the peddlars stock up and work the parades and festival.

Wow ! I didn't know that Chitown has Fairy Festivals.
Come See My Fun House ,  & My Fun House Photo Gallery  
UserPostedImage
~ By All Means.....When In Doubt .....Jump On The "Blame Boils Bandwagon" ! ~
hankypank1
Sunday, July 24, 2005 8:13:47 PM
ny does
Carneys are the biggest marks ,that’s what keeps us going .The next one is gonna be big ,it was good last year ,I don’t know what happened this year
Missin it
Monday, July 25, 2005 5:12:39 AM
Welcome Back Mighty Large One,
"Everytime you open your mouth you make it harder and harder to take you seriously"
V. Boombotz

If you can't defend your self don't make stupid comments (please)
carnyguy2
Wednesday, July 27, 2005 10:02:07 PM
Who the hell are you?
Carnyguy2
Meezark
Wednesday, September 28, 2022 3:00:54 PM
Where abouts in the bay area was the gay pride event spot tha tyou played ?. I can tell you as a native San Franciscan that the guy pride weekends are ALLWAYS money makers and usually minimal crime or violence. Just saying usually quite comical also.