Dr Borgo
  •  Dr Borgo
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Green Help Topic Starter
Wednesday, July 13, 2005 5:23:04 PM
Hello. I am a newbie here. I really love this forum. Lots of good discussions I see. Anyways, I always loved The Rampage as a kid. I could see it from my bedroom window during the fair week. I would raise my window after dark and listen to all the screaming,laughter and music coming from the Rampage (and other rides too obviously). I could even smell the burgers cooking....oh how I loved Fair week. I always enjoyed watching the trucks roll in from my treehouse. All of the neighborhood kids would scream and yell when we finally saw the Rampage truck turning in to the fairgrounds. We would sit and watch the workers assemble it from my front yard. Now that Im grown up (in the physical sense anyway) I would love to have some pics of The Grover Watkins Rampage. If anyone can direct me to some good pics I would be forever gratful!! Does anyone know of any shows that still feature the Rampage? Thanks......
Boils The Clown
Wednesday, July 13, 2005 5:29:40 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Dr Borgo

Hello. I am a newbie here. I really love this forum. Lots of good discussions I see. Anyways, I always loved The Rampage as a kid. I could see it from my bedroom window during the fair week. I would raise my window after dark and listen to all the screaming,laughter and music coming from the Rampage (and other rides too obviously). I could even smell the burgers cooking....oh how I loved Fair week. I always enjoyed watching the trucks roll in from my treehouse. All of the neighborhood kids would scream and yell when we finally saw the Rampage truck turning in to the fairgrounds. We would sit and watch the workers assemble it from my front yard. Now that Im grown up (in the physical sense anyway) I would love to have some pics of The Grover Watkins Rampage. If anyone can direct me to some good pics I would be forever gratful!! Does anyone know of any shows that still feature the Rampage? Thanks......

http://www.flatrides.com/Ride%20Index/WatkinsRampage1.jpg 
http://www.flatrides.com/Ride%20Index/WatkinsRampage2.jpg 

Pictures replaced with links at request of website owner. Boils, please make sure you have permission to use others' photos in your posts.
Come See My Fun House ,  & My Fun House Photo Gallery  
UserPostedImage
~ By All Means.....When In Doubt .....Jump On The "Blame Boils Bandwagon" ! ~
BSA Mike
Wednesday, July 13, 2005 6:51:13 PM
Welcome my friend,

we own and operate a watkins rampage, as a matter of fact we just finished refurbishing it this winter...here is some pics for you

http://community.webshot...m/album/84881059jLTAsl/1 

http://community.webshot...om/album/346699528vLXxka 
warren from orlando
Wednesday, July 13, 2005 7:25:12 PM
I have to display my ignorance and ask why the Rampage is such a rare piece? The newly refurbished one is an absolutely beautiful machine and it appears to give a fun ride. I've only seen one of these things twice in my life and have never seen one being set up to torn down.

Is it a maintenance nightmare? A logistical nightmare? or does it not deliver the ride it appears to offer so is a blank on repeats?

Warren
Boils The Clown
Wednesday, July 13, 2005 9:42:16 PM
Since we are on the topic of "The Grover Watkins Rampage" ,Does anyone a have link to see some kind of video of it in action ???

Thanx in advance
UserPostedImage
MikeH
  •  MikeH
  • 50.24% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Wednesday, July 13, 2005 9:45:58 PM
Sue
  •  Sue
  • 50.42% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, July 14, 2005 5:08:47 AM
http://pg.photos.yahoo.c...dnm=fe01.jpg&.src=ph 
http://pg.photos.yahoo.c...dnm=e31c.jpg&.src=ph 
If you are in Arkansas, you can see and ride this Rampage on PBJ Happee Day Shows, based in Ark. They play TN, MS and AR.
more photos of their show in this yahoo album:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.c...um?.dir=575e&.src=ph 
this show also has the only Meteor in the US I believe, RockOPlane, and RollOPlane! They don't put up all rides at every spot, so you would have to find out where & when to visit to ride the Rampage.
LONNOL
Thursday, July 14, 2005 5:29:34 AM
Boils- don't leech off my bandwidth. Just put a link to the pics so they don't load for every person that reads this thread.

Adam
www.flatrides.com : Pimp-slapping you with all your flat ride needs.
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, July 14, 2005 6:36:53 AM
I think of the ride as a glorified punk ride, not meant to be a thriller. It didn't sell that well.
UserPostedImage
Dr Borgo
  •  Dr Borgo
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Green Help Topic Starter
Thursday, July 14, 2005 10:35:23 AM
Sue...Thanks for the links. As a matter of fact I am from Arkansas (Independance Co.) Your Rampage looks just like the one I used to ride every year during Fair week with Miller Shows back then. I would love to ride it again.
Boils The Clown
Thursday, July 14, 2005 12:44:25 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by LONNOL

Boils- don't leech off my bandwidth. Just put a link to the pics so they don't load for every person that reads this thread.

Adam

You have got to be *ing me ????

UserPostedImage
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, July 14, 2005 3:14:54 PM
Quote:

quote:

Sue...Thanks for the links. As a matter of fact I am from Arkansas (Independance Co.) Your Rampage looks just like the one I used to ride every year during Fair week with Miller Shows back then. I would love to ride it again.

That is MILLERS Rampage. They sold it to family members Lowery Carnival and they traded it to Happy Day shows.

I"m in Arkansas too, we've got a few on here from the Razorback state, send me a PM if you want to trade stories.

Scott
LONNOL
Thursday, July 14, 2005 3:30:03 PM
No, I am not taking a dump on you (and really couldn't provide assistance if you're into that kind of thing). Pull your rainbow-colored head out of your ***.

Adam
www.flatrides.com : Pimp-slapping you with all your flat ride needs.
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, July 14, 2005 3:30:19 PM
I believe someone told me once that only 10 Rampages were ever built. I first heard of one in 1970. The person who told me 10 were built also said that 4 were in Canada in the early 90's.
I saw one in Fantasy Island park in 1979 or 1980. Never saw one on a show.
cny_chris
Thursday, July 14, 2005 4:00:56 PM
Previously we discussed who has/had a Rampage. List was as follows (and at the time we believed there were 7 or 8 of them built):

Blue Sky (NY)(formerly with Bluff City, Pride of Texas, & Robertson)

Wabash Valley Shows (IN)

Carnival of Fun (CA)

American Banner Shows (IL?)

Amusements Spectaculaires (PQ, Canada)

PBJ Happee Daze Shows (AR) (formerly with Lowery)

G&S or C&S (GA)

Reed Expo (TX)

Toby's Carnival (KS)

Some former owners, current ride location unknown:

Funland, formerly with Campbell

Fantasy Island Park

Myers Amusements

Goodings Million Dollar Midways

Deggeller

Albion Amusements

Can anyone clear up anything on these lists? This ought to be an easy ride to figure out where they all are... small number made, and very unique.[:D]

"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy