crazyspin
  •  crazyspin
  • 59.46% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 12:48:46 PM
There was a post about your worst job, how about your best! What job on the road was the most injoyable for you?
Boils The Clown
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 3:28:43 PM
[:o)]ENTERTAINING THE PUBLIC !!![:o)]
Come See My Fun House ,  & My Fun House Photo Gallery  
UserPostedImage
~ By All Means.....When In Doubt .....Jump On The "Blame Boils Bandwagon" ! ~
bigdaves
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 4:01:08 PM
After having the ultimate opportunity being odopted at the age of 12 years old and placed on a carnival. Then the fun began. St Stanislaus fransicans brought me to a show called JACK THOMPSON SHOWS, whom I wrote to for a couple of years asking for a home. Was dropped off in a town, called Houma, La. Arrived on teardown day and was placed on a rock-o-plane ride. After a horrifying day and night discovered I was out of my element until. The ride superintendent, (Art Kenney) asked if I was his driver. Well all I knew was to get out of the situation I was in with some maniac named wrong way Monahan whom was the foreman on this rock-o-plane that said ok we finished this one after ten hours now to the next one. Listening to this Art Kenney didn't sound bad about driving so I started my career with show business. Now this started the fun I always dreamed about. He instructed me to get into this brand new oldsmobile toranado and don't lose sight of him until we get to the next spot. Well, we didn't stop driving for nothing but gas and kept going until we reached the next spot. Byron, Minnesota.
DL
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 5:11:40 PM
You have all heard me say this before but it bears repeating in answer to this question. I worked for many shows but the best by far was A J Sunny Amusements. My family and I were always well treated, treated like part of the Sunny family. I was well paid and had benifits I don't have on the job I have now. I always did my best and tried to go the extra mile because I knew it was appreciated. Al Sunny was not only a good show owner and boss but was a very dear friend. If you didn't get to know him, you missed meeting a one great man. The industry needed then and still needs more men like him. I certainly will never forget him.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
Prof. Lee Kolozsy
Thursday, March 24, 2005 3:38:01 AM
Living life on a show lot IS THE BEST JOB...

The absolute WORST job I've ever had on a show was still way better than the BEST sucker job I've ever had...

Prof.
Why stir it...
when you can fling it directly into the fan...

24hr.man
Friday, March 25, 2005 6:04:58 AM
I was the 24hr.man for C-21. I put up arrows for the route,set-up gas stops etc. I would leave the day before the show closed. Stayed in the Holiday Inn everynite the show picked up the tab, had a Brand new car every year. During the week I would help out in the office, but didnt really have to. Also got to spend alot of time with fair boards etc. When we split into 2or3 units it was alot of driving to mark 2or3 different routes, but still was the BEST job.
JustinJames
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 3:28:39 PM
I've never made more money and been treated with more respect then I am now.