rodler
  •  rodler
  • 76.1% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Friday, June 3, 2005 8:57:18 AM
Who do you think are some of the friendliest and most pleasurable show owners to work with in the buisness?
RodB
Boils The Clown
Friday, June 3, 2005 9:00:42 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by rodler

Who do you think are some of the friendliest and most pleasurable show owners to work with in the buisness?

The Briggs Bros. a.k.a. Midwest Midways

Come See My Fun House ,  & My Fun House Photo Gallery  
UserPostedImage
~ By All Means.....When In Doubt .....Jump On The "Blame Boils Bandwagon" ! ~
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Friday, June 3, 2005 9:06:05 AM
Theres tons, Briggs, Skelly, Lil Mikes family

You know there good friends when you can ask tehm dumb questions and get seriuos answers.
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
orphaned
Friday, June 3, 2005 9:12:26 AM
Well, although I've never "worked for them", I can think of several, but I really think Fred and Mary Kissel of Kissel Rides and Shows have to be right up there. Fred is a true showman, no doubt and he knows the business. Mary is the perfect touch of class show woman and I doubt anyone can manage an office with the precision and class that she does.
bigmoves
Friday, June 3, 2005 9:12:35 AM
mike phillips

all american amusements[8D]

alibi sweetie
Friday, June 3, 2005 11:01:05 AM
Chuck Waterman of Calkins has got to be the nicest show owner ever that I've ever met. Pretty show and nice route.
alibi sweetie
Friday, June 3, 2005 11:01:38 AM
Chuck Waterman of Calkins has got to be the nicest show owner ever that I've ever met. Pretty show and nice route.
Boils The Clown
Friday, June 3, 2005 2:06:32 PM
Whooops , I'm slipping !
Add The Magid's to the list.

Come See My Fun House ,  & My Fun House Photo Gallery  
UserPostedImage
~ By All Means.....When In Doubt .....Jump On The "Blame Boils Bandwagon" ! ~
bigdaves
Friday, June 3, 2005 2:54:03 PM
Who do YOU, keyword YOU, so be nice, it's only my opinion, however it's the keyword YOU, that makes the decision.

unequivically:
1. Mike & Connie Featherston, Goldstar Amusements.
2. Jeff Blomness, NAME.
3. JAMES DREW, DREW EXPOSITION.
4. WYANE KUNZ, NAME.
DL
Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Friday, June 3, 2005 4:47:07 PM
Jules Gillette was number one in my book. He was a real gentleman.
Bobby Coleman is next. Either one could be number one to me.
Pat Imes, Billy Burr, Bud Gilmore, Eugene Dean, OC Buck, Ivan Arnold and his sons Tommy and Jon, John Fanneli. These and a few more I can't think of were fun to be around and always kept their word.
Sixcats have nine lives
trucknut751
Friday, June 3, 2005 5:05:46 PM
(dominic macaroni) family attractions
plbrown
Friday, June 3, 2005 5:29:29 PM
Al Moyers-Moyers Amusements,now I think he's retired,
but let's Lyman's use his warehouse for thier WQ. <I think
JW can confirm that>...........

Paula
Paula
UserPostedImage
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, June 3, 2005 5:46:40 PM
Jules Gilette, Fred Thumberg Sr, Duke Smith and Alfred Wall were all good to work for but Al Sunny was somebody special. I was older and wiser when I worked for him. I'd work for any of the above again and I'm sure I missed a few.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Friday, June 3, 2005 8:25:12 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by flamo

Jules Gilette, Fred Thumberg Sr, Duke Smith and Alfred Wall were all good to work for but Al Sunny was somebody special. I was older and wiser when I worked for him. I'd work for any of the above again and I'm sure I missed a few.

Duke should be at the top of any list. I didn't list him because I never played on his show. I was his friend and I played with him many times when he was a concessionaire and concession manager. I also worked for him at the insurance company. This man would do anything for his loyal friends and business associates. He was fun to be with and generous to a fault. He had the sharpest mind of anyone I ever knew. He was my mentor and I wouldn't have what I have now if not for Duke. He was a sharp business man too. I never told anybody this but the first time I booked with him, he made me buy his Sixcat joint so I could put mine up and have the ex. And he was my friend too. [;)]
Sixcats have nine lives
alibi sweetie
Friday, June 3, 2005 10:09:56 PM
Deltas Mitchell and the whole family are a real class act