• 50.24% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Sunday, May 29, 2005 6:31:55 PM
All kinds of weird stuff
from the UK.
http://www.atfotf97.com 

Whazzitlooklike
Sunday, May 29, 2005 6:44:59 PM
Why is it that the European rides always make our(US) rides look like crap ???[:(!][:(!][?]
Whazzitlooklike
Sunday, May 29, 2005 6:48:23 PM
I can tell by just looking an that trailer of the Ski Jump that it makes that Majestic Catch N Air look like a steamin Heap !!
ixsna
  •  ixsna
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Green Help
Sunday, May 29, 2005 7:13:19 PM
Yeah how about that they look better and most likely are built better....they always seem like they pull those heavy azz rides with a short azz single axle tractor too.[:D]
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, May 29, 2005 7:39:16 PM
Just think....If Hitler kept going and Won we would have that stuff over here.....I for one am Glad we kicked his azz....

There is a Merry-Go-Round like the one pictured in the Movie HellBoy. I'm suprised nobodys actually mentioned it. Probley because they don't know anything about it. It's Easy to tell what a Zipper is. But this Foreign stuff is all Greek to me.

3rd pic down...Girl in lower right corner holding her ears like the guy in the sign abover her head....lol That would be the Extreme ride pic.
Skywheelrider
Sunday, May 29, 2005 8:12:56 PM
Yeah, the rides over there are full of flash, and look great. Notice the advertisement on the Tropical Trip as part of the back wall scenery? Never seen advertising on rides quite as blatant as that (other than the Coca-Cola can on Wood's Magnum). Wonder how much that cost. lol
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Whazzitlooklike
Sunday, May 29, 2005 9:04:13 PM
Notice that round up with the flat back cages and center drive ? wonder if thats where the Zero Gravity innovations came from ??
skywheel88
Sunday, May 29, 2005 9:13:46 PM
British/European rides are nice/different, but as far as I'm concerned nobody builds 'em like the good ol' U.S.A.
Kenny.

Whazzitlooklike
Sunday, May 29, 2005 9:16:43 PM
I would have to agree, with the exception of wisdom disposeables!!
Boils The Clown
Sunday, May 29, 2005 10:18:22 PM
HHmmmmmmmmmm...........I wonder how you found that site .[;)]
...............Grab all the credit, ya think I give a rats asz ?[}:)]
I could of posted the link but I knew you'd come in for the high jack sooner or later.

Come See My Fun House ,  & My Fun House Photo Gallery  
UserPostedImage
~ By All Means.....When In Doubt .....Jump On The "Blame Boils Bandwagon" ! ~
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, May 30, 2005 3:54:30 AM
The reason why British and European rides have such great flash and the owners take such great pride in their equipment is that there are no orginized traveling carnivals in Europe like we have here in North America. Families there own 1-5 rides and there for they can afford to spend a large percentage of their income for all the extras. City Fetes/ Festivals/ Markets ect. are run by a local commettee and in order to ensure your return you don't want to bring them something less than the best.

Also alot of those events last up to 1 month in length and you can afford to put up the extra flash, and only moving 4-7 times per year also cuts down on the wear and tear.

I hope that helps.
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, May 30, 2005 4:32:22 AM
Why are they Strange rides? Because, you never seen them in person? I do like to check out game pics from across the pond. Not to many floating around. I seen some round center joints I would like to copy if I got to see some more pics of them....
MikeH
  •  MikeH
  • 50.24% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Monday, May 30, 2005 5:05:44 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Boils The Clown

HHmmmmmmmmmm...........I wonder how you found that site .[;)]
...............Grab all the credit, ya think I give a rats asz ?[}:)]
I could of posted the link but I knew you'd come in for the high jack sooner or later.

The Clown talking about "high jacking" lololol thats rich!
What credit do you deserve exactly?
Still waiting for all that "new" funhouse stuff.
What happened to that?
marchax
Monday, May 30, 2005 7:49:04 AM
more strange rides on my web page[:I]
www.marchax.fotopic.net 
HANDS IN THE AIR!!!!!!!!
"HACKS"
FELIXSTOWE`S NUMBER "1"
ENTHUSIAST
UPDATED 29/5/06
Steve F.
Monday, May 30, 2005 6:30:38 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by with-it

Just think....If Hitler kept going and Won we would have that stuff over here.....I for one am Glad we kicked his azz....

Huh? German rides kick the***of American rides every time, what are you talking about?..*LOL*

Also if he won, everyone without blond hair would be already dead.