Cstephens
Thursday, May 5, 2005 8:44:31 AM
fiesta shows is going to be in foxboro, massachusetts. they will be at gillette stadium for the spring fair. the fair begins on june 8th and ends after june 26th. but does anyone know how much it costs to park at the fair and what rides (big rides) did firesta bring to the fair last year & are they planing on bringing any new rides to the spring fair this year? also. what time does the fair open & weekdays & weekends? any help would be very nice.
BSA Mike
Thursday, May 5, 2005 9:17:21 AM
why don't you go to www.fiestashows.com  and email them and ask them lol...i don't think to many of us here have seen fiesta shows, they are the unspoken giant of the north east...
Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Thursday, May 5, 2005 9:49:21 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by BSA Mike

why don't you go to www.fiestashows.com  and email them and ask them lol...i don't think to many of us here have seen fiesta shows, they are the unspoken giant of the north east...

I've seen them many times. I have booked with Gean many times but not for years. They are the unspoken show of New England. They have 3 and sometimes 4 units and may even have another spot during Foxboro.

Again, this is my pet peeve with the fans on this board. They ask dumb questions that are impossible to answer. Most larger shows don't know which rides are going where sometimes the week before let alone more then a month before. And, if you have to ask what it costs for parking and the gate, maybe you shouldn't be going anyway. Come on guys, engage brain before typing. It's only common sense.
Sixcats have nine lives
BSA Mike
Thursday, May 5, 2005 10:15:32 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Sixcat

Quote:

quote:

I've seen them many times. I have booked with Gean many times but not for years. They are the unspoken show of New England. They have 3 and sometimes 4 units and may even have another spot during Foxboro.

Again, this is my pet peeve with the fans on this board. They ask dumb questions that are impossible to answer. Most larger shows don't know which rides are going where sometimes the week before let alone more then a month before. And, if you have to ask what it costs for parking and the gate, maybe you shouldn't be going anyway. Come on guys, engage brain before typing. It's only common sense.

i agree 100%, i hate when people (usually cstephens) ask dumbass questions, and 10 of em at a time as well....
Cstephens
Thursday, May 5, 2005 1:12:28 PM
on their website, i saw pics of these rides:

majestic scooter 2100
super slide
wisdom orient express
watkins tempest (has a backdrop)
chance thunder bolt
a.r.m apollo (skymaster)
raverchon log flume (i think they call it white water)
2 chance giant wheels
dartron cliff hanger
wisdom gravitron
wisdom go gator
chance yo-yo
kiddie truck ride (probly a zamperla convoy or s.b.f truckin u.s.a)
zamperla crazy bus
zamperla dragun jet (mini jet)
zamperla rio grande train
haunted house (dark ride)
chance zipper
chance skydiver
chance sea dragon (herd that they own 2 of them)
zamperla flying elephants (mini jet)

nice line up. but since fiesta shows is the largest show in new england (did'nt know they had 4 units, thought they only had 3) i'm sure thay have at least more than 50 rides. i think they used to have a venture cobra, a wisdom sizzler & a wisdom aladin. don't know if fiesta shows still has them. at least i do know fiesta is getting a new coaster from fabbri. i herd that thay were going to get a zamperla disko, not sure if they got it or not. looks like a very nice show.
DutchWheel9
Thursday, May 5, 2005 2:53:15 PM
I live in the general area Fiesta Shows plays and I see this Show more each year than I do any other.

The Show has added a new Bumper Cars, Wisdom Tornado, and Haunted Mansion Dark Ride this year. And for the fairs in 2005 there will be a new Spinning Roller Coaster of some kind and I was told a new KMG Freak-Out. These last two mentioned rides will probably be set-up at the Foxboro Stadium--now called Gillette Stadium--location since this event advertizes itself as a "fair" as opposed to a "carnival" and it is a ten or more day event which would justify setting up such large rides. Certainly all of the above mentioned rides can be seen at the Marshfield and Topsfield, Massachusetts fairs later this season.

I believe the Show still has both the Cobra and the Sizzler, but due to an accident with a fatality on a Sizzler at a carnival in northern Massachusetts late last year's season, there may be a rule now that says Sizzlers can no longer operate in the state of Massachusetts, atleast for the time being. I am not certain of this. Even if there is not such a rule in place right now, shows that play spots in Massachusetts may elect not to use their Sizzlers in Massachusetts at all this year because of the news publicity from last season's accident.

I have not heard any word of Fiesta Shows getting a Zamperla Disko.

Bob
DutchWheel9
Thursday, May 5, 2005 3:03:14 PM
There is probably a five dollar parking charge at the Foxboro Fair and then a charge to get in but I do not know the amount.

Or there might be one charge combining both parking and the cost of entry to the fair and this one charge will be payed when you pull into the lot to park your car.

I do not attend this fair because I feel it is a rip-off. It is not really a "fair" per say. There are no traditional type fair buildings that you see on real fairgrounds--like animal barns, craft exhibit buildings and such. It is just a big sports complex parking lot. I would really like to see Fiesta Shows play a more traditional fair at this time but I guess there are none available.

The fair is open Mon-Fri after five or six pm and on the weekends after 12 noon.

Bob
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, May 5, 2005 3:31:08 PM
I saw Fiesta Shows two years ago in Portland Maine, and Wow what a show! I think even our very own Monkeyboss might have been there becouse they had a Baboon show booked in with them as a free act. They are worth seeing!
Cstephens
Thursday, May 5, 2005 3:35:07 PM
the haunted mansion that fiesta shows got this year is porbly an owens trailers model. nice to see that they are also getting a k.m.g freak out. it's a shame that the spring fair in foxboro. it's a shame it's not really a "fair" i went to the meadowlands fair 2 years ago at giants stadium. and all i saw was the a of a carnival (very big though) a stage (where bands preform) but that's all i saw, no exhibit buildings or arts & crafts, pleanty of consessions though, but nothing really interesting, except for big a (amusements of america) nice show but not a good fair. i guess the spring fair in foxboro might just have the carnival (fiesta shows) in the parking lot and mabye a few bands preforming on a stage (depending on their entertainment list) should be an o.k. fair though.
DiverDriver
Saturday, May 7, 2005 11:51:12 AM
Does Fiesta still set up their Sky Diver???
Tornado
Saturday, May 7, 2005 3:48:10 PM
Bob,
do you know if Fiesta still has their Grand Prix (Flitzer) coaster? If not any idea what they did with it and where it may have ended up? I know the last time I saw it, it was in great shape!

Also, do they still have their Raging River Reverchon log flume? I know it was for sale at one time.

Someone mentioned that they have 2 chance giants wheels. I thought they had 1. Not to make it sound like 1 is not enough because it more than most show have... They do have 2 chance Sea Dragons though, correct?

Oh, are they stil carrying the 3 bobs type rides? Thunder Bolt, Flying Bobs and a topless Flying Bobs (forgot the name).

When people talk about the BIG shows they should be included. They must be carrying 70 to 80 now!!!
Cstephens
Saturday, May 7, 2005 9:30:46 PM
fiesta shows topless flying bobs is called music fest. don't know if they still have it. kind of suprised that they own 3 chance bobs rides. suprised they don't have a himalaya/musik express type ride. i'm sure they do have 2 chance sea dragons. i think they might even have 2 chance zippers, one new one & one old one. they might even have 2 tilt-a-whirls & 2 majestic scooters & even 2 a.r.m skymasters
(one called apollo, herd the other was was for sale a while back) i still don't know why fiesta owns 2 of these types of rides. probly besause the show has more than one unit (just a guess) wonder how many units fiesta shows has.
BSA Mike
Saturday, May 7, 2005 10:10:00 PM
i know they had two Flumes @ one point too...
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, May 7, 2005 11:26:29 PM
Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Sixcat

Quote:

quote:

i agree 100%, i hate when people (usually cstephens) ask dumbass questions, and 10 of em at a time as well....

CStephens, Your Profile says your a student in Texas...What School? I was wondering cause you ask about spots ALLOVER the country like you are gonna go visit them are you?. Like parking prices and such. Do a Google search or something about the spots before you ask here and you might be able to give us some info as well. You seem to be knowledgeable about rides and their maker. Do you have a Cheat Sheet made up of them? All I can tell you about the spot you ask about is that Cokes are $2.00 and up served with Ice and No straws or lids.....lol And you WILL need Tickets or a Armband if you want to ride any rides that will be there.
Boils The Clown
Sunday, May 8, 2005 1:09:37 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by with-it

All I can tell you about the spot you ask about is that Cokes are $2.00 and up served with Ice and No straws or lids.....lol And you WILL need Tickets or a Armband if you want to ride any rides that will be there.

[:o)]Don't forget Food,Games,& Donikers as well.[:o)]
Come See My Fun House ,  & My Fun House Photo Gallery  
UserPostedImage
~ By All Means.....When In Doubt .....Jump On The "Blame Boils Bandwagon" ! ~