dccradio
  •  dccradio
  • 60.54% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Saturday, April 30, 2005 7:12:19 PM
Well yesterday marked the first event of 2005 in my area. It was the Rapids Mall Carnival with Tip Top Rides And Attractions.

Rides:

Ferris Wheel
Scooter
Tea Cups
Starship 2000
Ali Baba
Zipper
Sizzler
Hampton Motorcycles
Climbing Wall
Tilt A Whirl
Martian Madness
Merry Go Round
Kangaroos
Fun Slide
Dragon Wagon
Crazy Bus
Raiders
Kiddee Train

Food:

Nana's Fried Dough
Sweets Factory
Hand Tossed Pizza
Italian Sausage and Hamburger Concession

Games:

This is not a complete list but is what I remember...

Balloon Darts
Spyro Mania
Bank A Ball
Dozers
Race Game
2 Fish Ponds
Shoot Out Star

Weather was on the cool side at 49 degrees, was cloudy at first but the sun came out about the time it was beginning to set. The cool weather seemed to be affecting the crowd.

Pictures are located here...

http://community.webshot...om/album/334728352CUXftl 

Enjoy!!!

Mark H
Skywheelrider
Saturday, April 30, 2005 7:32:38 PM
Great trip report and great photos. Thanks Mark!
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
BSA Mike
Saturday, April 30, 2005 7:41:24 PM
thanks, always loved them martians from sellner...
prestonbros
Sunday, May 1, 2005 9:33:16 AM
Nice to see Tip Top is out. They usually play Fond du Lac after Rapids and will look forward to seeing them at the mall still date.
Seeing as how you have so much from WI, you may be interested in catching Christman Shows from Wautoma sometime. Neet little show. I know they will play Rhinelander the last weekend in July, Park Falls, Aug 4-7, Kiel, Aug 11-14, Rosholt Labor day weekend.
David P Bastian
archived01
Sunday, May 1, 2005 10:22:05 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by prestonbros

Nice to see Tip Top is out. They usually play Fond du Lac after Rapids and will look forward to seeing them at the mall still date.
Seeing as how you have so much from WI, you may be interested in catching Christman Shows from Wautoma sometime. Neet little show. I know they will play Rhinelander the last weekend in July, Park Falls, Aug 4-7, Kiel, Aug 11-14, Rosholt Labor day weekend.

Christman has a very nice show. They have to have some of the best maintained equipment on the road in my opinion. They have some newer equipment but their older stuff is where they stand out. It is in better shape then most shows newer equipment. Stand next to the octopus for a few minutes and just listen. You can’t even hear the thing running that is how tight it is. On top of them being very talented they are also very nice people to visit with.
prestonbros
Sunday, May 1, 2005 10:43:32 AM
No doubt. Whatched them tear the octopus down last year and cleaning each conecting point on every arm before loading it, and then putting the "ball" into a wooden crate to protect it. It's probably their oldest ride and a real gem. Hardly a scratch. Their pride though, is the jenny, last thing down, and you'all come when it's time to put it away.
David P Bastian
dccradio
  •  dccradio
  • 60.54% (Friendly)
Sunday, May 1, 2005 4:43:00 PM
Chris and Mike thanks for the kind words. I enjoy sharing the photos with the folks who post here.

Regarding Christman it is a show I would like to visit sometime. Maybe can catch it this year sometime. Out of curiousity other than the Octopus what other rides does Christman carry?
Mark H
prestonbros
prestonbros
Sunday, May 1, 2005 5:41:47 PM
Christman Rides:

Rocko Plane
Round-up
Eli 5
Raiders
Oriental Express
Octopus
Tilt
Scrambler
Jenny (the one where the sweeps fold up and the center rides on back of the trailer)
Helicopters
kid rocket ride

If and when you get to see this show, I would be very surprised if EVERY lite is not working.

David P Bastian
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, May 1, 2005 5:43:54 PM
Good report and Thanx for joint pics.....[;)]
dccradio
  •  dccradio
  • 60.54% (Friendly)
Sunday, May 1, 2005 6:06:32 PM
With-It, glad you liked the joint pics.

PrestonBros it sounds like a good lineup on Christman's. I must say I am not familiar with what a Jenny is though. Does anyone have a picture of one?

One of the things I enjoy about the Wisconsin carnivals is the older rides. Sure the new rides are great I like to see them too but it's almost like stepping back in time on some of the midways here. Most of the shows keep their older rides in good shape like was said about Christman. Also I like how friendly the people on the shows are. Many of them will take the time to tell you about their show and talk carnival with people like me who are just carnival fans/enthusiasts. I'm glad the Wisconsin season has begun again for that reason.
Mark H
prestonbros
Sunday, May 1, 2005 6:15:19 PM
Jenny = Merry Go-Round. I don't know where that term started, but I know it's an older term that probably isn't used too much anymore. I guess it's just easier than saying "Merry-Go-Round"
David P Bastian
dccradio
  •  dccradio
  • 60.54% (Friendly)
Sunday, May 1, 2005 6:20:05 PM
Thanks for clarifying the Jenny.
Mark H
orphaned
Sunday, May 1, 2005 8:19:04 PM
Thanks - dccradio - for the listing of the food trailers!!! This is a big help to those of us in the food biz!!
archived01
Sunday, May 1, 2005 10:54:51 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by prestonbros

If and when you get to see this show, I would be very surprised if EVERY lite is not working.

He is not kidding either, the few times I have seen them every light was working. They really do take pride in what they do and it shows in their equipment.