Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Saturday, April 2, 2005 4:26:27 PM
I was looking at an old AB mag,Anyone know any history of this show and what area they traveled?
jb
  •  jb
  • 51.84% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Saturday, April 2, 2005 4:48:15 PM
If you are referring to Nova from Penn, then this is what I remember.. They were known as National Expositions, and before that as Kenn Penn, from New Kinsington Pa.. They were owned by the Sanders family.. Their biggest spot was Canfield Ohio.. They had 2 units, and the equipment was a little rough in later days.. The show folded some 15 or so years ago..
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.36% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, April 2, 2005 4:58:50 PM
Didn't A of A get their Wave Swinger in the Nova auction and I think Wade's Hit N 2000 was Nova's as well.
Dan L.
  •  Dan L.
  • 60.96% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Saturday, April 2, 2005 5:13:32 PM
Skywheelrider
Saturday, April 2, 2005 6:14:13 PM
They also had the West Virgina State Fair for a time as well.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
lotman
  •  lotman
  • 57.1% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Sunday, April 3, 2005 5:08:02 AM
i remember their skywheel having pink bulbs in it.
Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
Mark Twain
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin
powersmidways.com
pughjr38
Sunday, April 3, 2005 5:23:56 AM
We were on the show for a while my father was GM. The show was great the sanders were very good to our family. It was a long time ago but I still remember some of it. One spot I remember pretty good is
Uniontown Pa. My brother and I got lost in the corn feild across from the lot we were about 7 or 8 years old. I havent heard much from the family since Ron's funeral. They were very good people and will remember them.
JohnB
  •  JohnB
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Green Help
Sunday, April 3, 2005 7:04:17 AM
I remember Sanders. They had a Bayern Kurve and a Hit N 2000 they got out of Puerto Rico back in the 80's.
Drummer1973
Saturday, November 11, 2023 2:46:48 PM
Originally Posted by: jb 

If you are referring to Nova from Penn, then this is what I remember.. They were known as National Expositions, and before that as Kenn Penn, from New Kinsington Pa.. They were owned by the Sanders family.. Their biggest spot was Canfield Ohio.. They had 2 units, and the equipment was a little rough in later days.. The show folded some 15 or so years ago..



Was also know as NEI before NOVA
Drummer1973
Saturday, November 11, 2023 2:56:23 PM
Originally Posted by: jb 

If you are referring to Nova from Penn, then this is what I remember.. They were known as National Expositions, and before that as Kenn Penn, from New Kinsington Pa.. They were owned by the Sanders family.. Their biggest spot was Canfield Ohio.. They had 2 units, and the equipment was a little rough in later days.. The show folded some 15 or so years ago..



Drummer1973
Saturday, November 11, 2023 3:05:57 PM
Nova was NEI before Nova ..I worked with them for years was on Hit in 2000 ..was wave swinger Formen was a great show the Sanders were great people to work for ,,,, we traveled PA , WV , OH ,
ridejocky
Sunday, November 12, 2023 10:13:14 AM
Did Nova have a Bayrern Kurve, and did a guy names Emil move it?
Ride the Zipper?
Thunderbolt2
Monday, November 13, 2023 9:44:26 AM
Originally Posted by: ridejocky 

Did Nova have a Bayrern Kurve, and did a guy names Emil move it?



They did, when I worked on the Curve there was a guy named Dave moving it, along with a fellow that went by "Freebird" and couple of other guys. I still can't believe that when I was working for them that unit was just a little shopping center unit, but we had big stuff, the Curve, Wave Swinger, Scrambler, and F&B Scooters, with about 4 or 5 kiddies. After a few spots they did switch out the Curve for a Paratrooper, so helped some
ridejocky
Monday, November 13, 2023 9:45:02 PM
Originally Posted by: Thunderbolt2 

They did, when I worked on the Curve there was a guy named Dave moving it, along with a fellow that went by "Freebird" and couple of other guys. I still can't believe that when I was working for them that unit was just a little shopping center unit, but we had big stuff, the Curve, Wave Swinger, Scrambler, and F&B Scooters, with about 4 or 5 kiddies. After a few spots they did switch out the Curve for a Paratrooper, so helped some



When was that? Was the guy called Freebird (no shortage of carnies with that nickname) short & blond? How old was he?
Ride the Zipper?
Thunderbolt2
Thursday, November 16, 2023 9:01:39 AM
Originally Posted by: ridejocky 

When was that? Was the guy called Freebird (no shortage of carnies with that nickname) short & blond? How old was he?



That was late 80s I want to say I think, or early 90s. I would say he was around 40s, but he was a wanted man, he didn't stay very long, blew the show about 2 spots later.
Similar Topics
Users browsing this topic