Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 12:50:22 AM
Went to Carowinds this past weekend,They still have the old chance Falling star now themed Rocket power,It had been years since ive seen this ride,But really it was a very smooth ride.Hard to believe before the Ali Baba and 1001 Nachts some carnivals hauled this ride around!
Boils The Clown
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 12:52:47 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Jagger

Went to Carowinds this past weekend,They still have the old chance Falling star now themed Rocket power,It had been years since ive seen this ride,But really it was a very smooth ride.Hard to believe before the Ali Baba and 1001 Nachts some carnivals hauled this ride around!

I believe the dade county youth fair had one in the past. Although I am not sure about this year.

Come See My Fun House ,  & My Fun House Photo Gallery  
UserPostedImage
~ By All Means.....When In Doubt .....Jump On The "Blame Boils Bandwagon" ! ~
Boils The Clown
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 12:53:36 AM
BTW -Any Pics ?
Come See My Fun House ,  & My Fun House Photo Gallery  
UserPostedImage
~ By All Means.....When In Doubt .....Jump On The "Blame Boils Bandwagon" ! ~
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 1:01:13 AM
Working on getting camera............hope to have one soon....The Falling star they have has no lights just a big flood light at front lime green and yellow in color.......still a smooth ride though
Sue
  •  Sue
  • 50.42% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 1:39:42 AM
This is the Falling Star that Helm's transports: pics from last July in Santa Rosa. is this the same ride as Carowinds?
http://pg.photos.yahoo.c...dnm=96f1.jpg&.src=ph 
http://pg.photos.yahoo.c...dnm=a13f.jpg&.src=ph 
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 1:46:44 AM
Sue........Same ride just a different theme
Sue
  •  Sue
  • 50.42% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 1:54:06 AM
What year was that ride made? I know it must be from the 80's cause that Falling Star was around the L.A. area when I lived there 88-94.
Reynolds owned it.
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 2:00:28 AM
Seems like it was around 84 or 85 cant remember
ridesicknsc
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 5:08:32 AM
I used to work at Carowinds. Chance's plaque on the Falling Star says it was manufactured January 1979.
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 5:28:11 AM
Didnt know it was that old wow!
WestCoastPat
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 6:12:37 AM
Sue-Do you know if the FALLING STAR that Helms has now is one of the ones from Buddy Reynolds Falling Star Enterprises? I was told that they sold off their rides (2 falling stars, a Chaos, and an Invertor) because Buddy said he had just been out there long enough lol.
WestCoastPat-Proud Mark of all things Carnival. STILL a "FAN BOY"-and proud of it.
Sue
  •  Sue
  • 50.42% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 8:23:55 AM
Yes I am almost 100% sure that Helm bought it from Reynolds. What other rides did Reynolds have?
WestCoastPat
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 9:16:46 AM
As to what Falling Star Enterprises owns I am not 100% sure. At one time I believe they owned 2 Falling Stars, a Chaos, an Invertor, and I read on the Chance site that they had a Slingshot also. I had the pleasure of talking to Buddy one night on the lot in Salinas,CA. where he had the Chaos and the Invertor. He had just got back from the Chance factory where he picked up a pump for the Chaos. He was not as upset about the big bucks he had just spent on the pump as he was about the condition of the new bunkhouse that he had bought for the ride help. He used a different team to move and erect the rides and then different people to run them. And the ones that he hired to run them just tore the s*it out of the new bunkhouse-he just could not believe that anyone would do that to something that was provided for them. He seemed to me to be a Class Act that was getting tired of the road-he said his wife kept asking him why he was still out there? He said it was because of his son who had just built a big new house in the LA area, but he thought it might be time to hang it up. If he in fact got off the road, I wish him well and happiness.
WestCoastPat-Proud Mark of all things Carnival. STILL a "FAN BOY"-and proud of it.
crnvl
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 9:51:04 AM
From what I have heard there were only three portable Falling Stars ever built. Bud Reynolds owned two and Murphy owned one. The one Murphy owned was rumored to have had a wreck and flipped one of the trailers destroying the ride.
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 10:51:07 AM
Chance had a Falling Star at the IX trade show auction 5-7 yrs. ago that I believe belonged to A.J. Carl. It and a fairly new Zipper were in deplorable condition, hard to believe they could be so rough. The Star was basically junk.
UserPostedImage