Kingkong
  •  Kingkong
  • 51.08% (Neutral)
  • Operations Topic Starter
Thursday, March 3, 2005 3:11:24 PM
heres one for all you gear heads. who built the old saturn six. it was the grandfather to the hurricane.
alibiguyny
Thursday, March 3, 2005 3:11:53 PM
um malligan

i dont smell em i just tell em......
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, March 3, 2005 3:14:56 PM
Greg
  •  Greg
  • 55.58% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Thursday, March 3, 2005 3:15:10 PM
I love that ride-always have since I was 8 years old....[:p]. I wish I had one but there doesn't seem to be too many for sale.[V]
My albums are all on Facebook!
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, March 3, 2005 3:48:00 PM
Think Sat Six was built by Muligan under the name Portable Rides. Also built a "space shuttle" which was kind a of a smaller version of a Huss Swing Around. Only saw one once on A of A/ Buck-Page around 1975.
JohnB
  •  JohnB
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Green Help
Thursday, March 3, 2005 4:06:16 PM
I remember these rides from when i was a child. The first one was an Allen Herschel Hurricane. The second was the Mulligan Saturn Six. THe third was the Dartron/Hreubitz Hurricane.
kiddie ride red
Thursday, March 3, 2005 4:26:12 PM
One more time! Clyde Mulligan built the Saturn Six rides in his Gibsonton,Florida shop.In 1964, while working as the shop superintendent for Cetlin & Wilson Shows,he trailer mounted the shows'Allan Herschell Hurricane ride.During the season the ride drew favorable comments from show and ride owners who saw it in action.Clyde bought several Hurricane rides and began trailer mounting and selling them during the winter months.The trailers were built by General Trailer Sales of Dothan, Alabama. When C.& W. folded at the end of the 1968 season Clyde began building them from scratch on a full time basis. I was working for Clyde at the time and we built a lot of them. It was a basic machine...nothing fancy but easy to set up and take down... some parts were heavy... and simple to maintain.The Saturn Six could be equipped with the buyers choice of a gasoline engine, diesel engine and later on an electric motor.Only a trailer mounted version was built and the most popular color combination was red and white.If you want to buy one I suggest you take a ride through Gibsonton, Florida.I was through there the other day and saw several parked in vacant lots around town.Be prepared though as they all need varing degrees of T.L.C. [8D].
Greg
  •  Greg
  • 55.58% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Thursday, March 3, 2005 4:57:11 PM
I would love to have one. The one the Otterbachers have is the nicest looking one I have ever seen. I know it is inferrior to the Hurricane but I really like old rides.
Greg
  •  Greg
  • 55.58% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday, March 6, 2005 5:17:16 PM
Who actually has one for sale?