Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Thursday, February 24, 2005 3:31:07 PM
19 megs, 4 min., .wmv, it looks like it will download first, then open it.

http://homepage.mac.com/nam65/.Movies/catchnair.wmv 

Rainman did a nice job on the movie, he asked me to host it.
UserPostedImage
alibiguyny
Thursday, February 24, 2005 3:37:27 PM
i think the video was great. but the ride looks like crap set up and running. to much of the trailer is exposed and not enuff scenery. thats my opinion. im not as impressed with it as i was.
i dont smell em i just tell em......
BSA Mike
Thursday, February 24, 2005 3:42:57 PM
lol, i think the same thing...the 1st sketches they had of the ride i believe it had a big backwall, and IMO it would look much better w/ it ...
Ohio Ron
  •  Ohio Ron
  • 50.72% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Thursday, February 24, 2005 4:18:58 PM
Thanks to Rainman and Pinetar for the video. The ride does not look very impressive. The biggest drawback is not having 1 stop loading and unloading. That will kill the capacity and money the ride could generate.

Majestic has a good idea, but it needs some improvements.
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, February 24, 2005 4:32:56 PM
Thanks for the vid....I had to turn my sound all the way up so I could Jam to the Swedish Supergroup ABBA.\m/ Well there go my Metal Creds.....
rainman571
Thursday, February 24, 2005 4:33:55 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Ohio Ron

Thanks to Rainman and Pinetar for the video. The ride does not look very impressive. The biggest drawback is not having 1 stop loading and unloading. That will kill the capacity and money the ride could generate.

Majestic has a good idea, but it needs some improvements.

Ya know...I was thinking the same thing. They need some kind of platform to match the "hump" so that you could load the whole ride at once.

And a backdrop is a must have. The ride looks too exposed as it is.

Raymond

Thanks Pinetar for the hosting 🙂
alibiguyny
Thursday, February 24, 2005 6:15:11 PM
holy cow. i cant beleave we all agree in the same post.
i dont smell em i just tell em......
BSA Mike
Thursday, February 24, 2005 6:55:47 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by alibiguyny

holy cow. i cant beleave we all agree in the same post.

Shhh Don't jinx it...
Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Thursday, February 24, 2005 7:50:29 PM
The Catch-N-Air is a copy of the old Flying Coaster. The Flying Coaster had a jump. The Catch-N-Air has a hump. I guess that's so you can ride backwards. At least the old Flying Coaster did catch some air. This ride never leaves the track except for an inch when it bumps off the hump. In the long run the Flying Coaster turned out to be a blank. I'd guess this ride will have no staying power at all.

PS, the video was very professional. I love ABBA. I have tickets to see the ABBA musical Mama Mia next week in Vegas.
Sixcats have nine lives
Cstephens
Thursday, February 24, 2005 7:52:34 PM
nice video, catch-n-air looks okay to me, gives you some good pops of airtype, has no idea it operated going in both farward and backwards, thats kinda neat, but yeah, a back drop would be nice, a sound system would be nice too and add a couple of strobes, and you've got a great ride, still it looks like a fun ride
Cstephens
Thursday, February 24, 2005 7:56:44 PM
nice video though, but did you film any of the other rides that were at the florida state fair? how about reithoffer's tornado? (just wondering)
HUSSRAINBOW
Friday, February 25, 2005 12:32:40 AM
looks like a fun ride! would look amazing with a backdrop or something... none the less, I wanna ride one! also, seein tornado in the background is amazing, its totally huge, and I really hope I can ride one in the near future!
thanks again Rainman!!!
also Id love to know if you got some rainbow footage
haha I had to ask

chris
UserPostedImage
rdcolles
  •  rdcolles
  • 57.6% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Friday, February 25, 2005 3:45:20 AM
Video is nice and it streams for me.
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, February 25, 2005 3:55:57 AM
has anyone ridden the ride to give us an idea how it feels.
bladerunner