with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, February 14, 2005 2:32:49 PM
I went to Chicago to get stock from ACME and Baskins there. I was parked outside of Baskins on the street and putting some stock in the bed of my truck when the cops pulled over a guy in a camero 30 feet infront of my truck. Next thing I see is marked and unmarked cop cars coming from every direction. They jerk this guy out of the car at gun point search his car tehn let him go all with in the matter of 2 or 3 minutes. I tell ya the cops there don't mess around. The plain clothes ones looked mean as hell. And every cop car had at least a couple of dents in them. So, once I leave Baskins it's over to ACME. I load up on $30 Blues Clues then start to head back. We had a big net that held every thing in the bed. Well one of the "<s>wet backs"</s>warm weather Eskimos untied part of the net to scan a label and apparently not to good of tieing rope. So here we are heading back to Elkart and we are near Downtown Chicago I forget the road name but there's like 20 lanes...lol A semi flies past me and Sucks out 2 pieces of Blues Clues and desinergrates them. I was like another 2 or 3 miles before I could work mey way over to the side of the road to fix the load. All I saw in the mirror was the Bag flying out and getting hit and going poof in a cloud of white styrofoam and blue fur. Then to hear some truckers talking about hitting a big blue dog on the CB really made me not miss the stock that bad. But $60 in stock is'nt really a bad price to pay for a good story....lol

Same thing happened this past year only with a White Tiger and a camero.....luckly I was able to save the stock (had to sew its head back on)and got to see the look on the guys face who ran over a white tiger....lol
JustinJames
Monday, February 14, 2005 4:08:29 PM
Bottomed out the Eclipse in Arkansas comming back from Texas LOL. Took some creativity to get in loose but I did. [8D]
john777
  •  john777
  • 67.28% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 4:10:26 AM
broke down in the hills of montana back in the late 70s with a cooler full of beer and 2 sucker broads ,got the truck fixed after a few hours but stay over night any wayOriginally posted by FNO Sean

Anybody have any driving stories which they would like to tell? I got a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 which can't pull much on our show yet I enjoy pulling the ticket box with our show art on short jumps which is always fun since my truck is a lot more comfortable then the show trucks we use. Bigest peace I pulled with her was our Roller Works Watermellon which was a bit heavy for a 1500 yet got the job done well. When Im not towing with my own truck I use the shows Ford E-Series 3500 Van which can pull a Bobs Space Racer by just droping the whole suspension on the van to the ground almost lol. Our show just got a used U-Haul and UD Box truck which pulls very nice. Guess the point of this topic is just to ask if anybody has some crazy stories out there on the road. Any interesting trucks your show owns?

with it and all for it
john 777

UserPostedImage
butterfly in reverse
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 5:57:08 AM
http://www.carnivalwareh.../topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7647 
“The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right.” ~Mark Twain
babyhughie
Monday, February 21, 2005 10:04:05 AM
tHow bout a 2day drive to new orleans with your soon(2 weeks) to be ex wife??hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm???[:I]
babyhughie
Monday, February 21, 2005 10:10:47 AM
hey flowergirl it seems to me i heard about that trip!How bout the jointee that threw marquee poles in the back of a skeeball and caught the battery on fire and about burned it to the ground?

[:I][:I][:I][:I][:I][:I][:I][:I][:I][:I][:I] things [:I][:I][:I][:I][:I]that make ya go HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM