FNO Sean
  •  FNO Sean
  • 57.68% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Sunday, February 13, 2005 4:53:41 PM
Anybody have any driving stories which they would like to tell? I got a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 which can't pull much on our show yet I enjoy pulling the ticket box with our show art on short jumps which is always fun since my truck is a lot more comfortable then the show trucks we use. Bigest peace I pulled with her was our Roller Works Watermellon which was a bit heavy for a 1500 yet got the job done well. When Im not towing with my own truck I use the shows Ford E-Series 3500 Van which can pull a Bobs Space Racer by just droping the whole suspension on the van to the ground almost lol. Our show just got a used U-Haul and UD Box truck which pulls very nice. Guess the point of this topic is just to ask if anybody has some crazy stories out there on the road. Any interesting trucks your show owns?
Da Bair
  •  Da Bair
  • 50.18% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday, February 13, 2005 5:24:23 PM
I'll have to see if I can come up with any stories for ya Sean. Might be the least I can do in return for the enjoyment I got out of browsing through your webshots. Some of your commentary is classic.

BTW - Did you know that you have gay flags  on your ride?

UserPostedImage

BSA Mike
Sunday, February 13, 2005 5:29:12 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Da Bair

BTW - Did you know that you have gay flags  on your ride? lol

Lmfao...thats funny ****
Da Bair
  •  Da Bair
  • 50.18% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday, February 13, 2005 5:38:18 PM
http://community.webshot...38865315/240486098qaqSpB 
"Try to find one problem with this setup guys lol."

You mean other than the flags?

UserPostedImage

FNO Sean
  •  FNO Sean
  • 57.68% (Neutral)
Sunday, February 13, 2005 5:42:05 PM
lol Mike wishes he had them gay flags lol. I have doubles of them too from last season which one time I gave away to this fruit in Bayshore because I was having a fun night and i didn't really care. The guy goes running into the parking lot with the flag all happy and my boss chased him down thinking he took one of the new flags from my ride. My boss got really mad and in the end I got a bad rep for giving away to the gays. I got enough trouble running this ride with these flags and the blue balls hanging from my truck lol.
FNO Sean
  •  FNO Sean
  • 57.68% (Neutral)
Sunday, February 13, 2005 5:48:22 PM
Hey its all About them American flags I got up. I make sure I always have them flags the first ones up and the last ones down. Our Tornado also has the same color flags lol.
Da Bair
  •  Da Bair
  • 50.18% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday, February 13, 2005 5:48:33 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by FNO Sean

My boss got really mad and in the end I got a bad rep for giving away to the gays.

HawkenBalls might have some competition for the title of "Poster Most Likely to Make Da Bair Laugh"

UserPostedImage

FNO Sean
  •  FNO Sean
  • 57.68% (Neutral)
Sunday, February 13, 2005 5:55:58 PM
ya know I was just reading what I wrote and it looks like I said I was giving away myself to the gays lol. Looks like Im saying too much on here. don't want the board to think different of me now. Hey, them pictures of my wife explain it all lol.
Fly_By_Night_Carnie
Sunday, February 13, 2005 7:01:17 PM
I have one... First while jumping from Lousiana to Florida I discovered yellow jackets. First time I've ever tried them (we couldn't stop, or we would get into trouble) My whole nervous system got shocked and ended up in a hopital.

Not too cool of a story... but here's an ODD one..
Here in Puerto Rico last year the guys from the BOBO where here... Richie's crew. Im driving them from the lot to the hotel just after set up... while on the high way there's a guy dressed as a clown with his car broken down on the left side of the road... We drive by and I said... I would've helped him to a gas station but MY car is alredy is full with clowns.

Retired but missing it...
"The hussle hard but we have to enterprise..."-Wycleaf Jean-

"For all your travel needs ... just give me a click"
sausageseller
Monday, February 14, 2005 4:29:43 AM
Around 78 or79 a guy I knew was driving one of Chris Christy's old 1968 Jimmy crackerbox tractors pulling a trailer. Went to stop and the cab flipped foward as he came to a stop. The cab lock was broke. I found out cause a couple of weeks later I saw the back of the cab chained down to the frame. I asked him what was up with that and he told me what happened. I couldn't quit laughing.
I think it was "Ace" who had the derby in shreveport some years ago, who told a story about the steering wheel becoming stripped out on the jump home to Fl. one year. He clipped on two pair of vice grips on the stripped out steering shaft and got it home.
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, February 14, 2005 5:29:28 AM
FNO
Be sure your boss has a veh. liability policy that covers employee owned veh. used in the course of his business. If he doesn't, you both can be screwed in the event of an accident. Your ins. won't cover your veh.
UserPostedImage
FNO Sean
  •  FNO Sean
  • 57.68% (Neutral)
Monday, February 14, 2005 11:51:26 AM
Thank you very much for that advice Pinetar. Sometimes I do stupid things not really thinking if insurenece will cover it lol. Never really got into what type of insurence the old man has because im always happy to do him the favor and he does the same for me giving me light loads for my truck. Because of past problems with my old car my boss always looks after me and my property because I do the same for his. I think this summer im gonna do less tows with my truck and more with the show trucks because of a better situation for my truck in the shop at bad spots along with the responsibilty of my job driving stock and people to the lot.
BSA Mike
Monday, February 14, 2005 12:25:12 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by FNO Sean

Thank you very much for that advice Pinetar. Sometimes I do stupid things not really thinking if insurenece will cover it lol. Never really got into what type of insurence the old man has because im always happy to do him the favor and he does the same for me giving me light loads for my truck. Because of past problems with my old car my boss always looks after me and my property because I do the same for his. I think this summer im gonna do less tows with my truck and more with the show trucks because of a better situation for my truck in the shop at bad spots along with the responsibilty of my job driving stock and people to the lot.

Lol dude, we play long island..there is no such thing as bad spots....just park your truck where you, or someone you know can see it.... not in the back by the show trucks...
The Flowergirl
Monday, February 14, 2005 1:16:16 PM
I once heard a story about someone who left a game joint marquee on the highway(I-94 I think)after it sheared off somewhere in Chicago. Anyone in Chicagoland hear about this?
The more you know, the greater your life
can be.
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, February 14, 2005 2:00:03 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Da Bair

I'll have to see if I can come up with any stories for ya Sean. Might be the least I can do in return for the enjoyment I got out of browsing through your webshots. Some of your commentary is classic.

BTW - Did you know that you have gay flags  on your ride?

The Real Funny* Part is that DA Bair Noticed them right away......lol

* Funny-Hmmmmm not Funny HaHa....