kadoty
Da Bair
  •  Da Bair
  • 50.18% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday, January 30, 2005 5:22:38 PM
Quote:

quote:

He was at home trying to survive through the winter.

"trying to survive" in my mind means you get a job in a warehouse, go to a temp agency, hell, be a greeter at wally world. It doesn't mean you become, as quoted from the article, "one of the major marijuana dealers in the area." But that is just me.

It is commendable that you are willing to stick up for your friend and business associate but your arguement is not a valid one.

As an aside, I don't only drive for UPS in the off season, I am stuck in sucker job hell year round.

UserPostedImage

dozergirl
Sunday, January 30, 2005 5:32:15 PM
here's one question for you 2ndgen if the pages were turned do you think gary would be in here saying not to talk about it. my opinion is if he didn't want anyon eto know about it maybe he should of got a regular job for the winter like most of us do. I work my@ssoff all winter making just enough to get by but I do it the legal way so that I can take care of my children and make sure i get to keep my things.. I'm sorry but maybe your "friend" should of thought of thius before he made his stupid mistake. Even my parents in their 50's go out and work in the winter when we are not playing spots or set up at the flea market by their house. Maybe you should take a life and reality check along with gary. All of us have it hard in the winter
The Flowergirl
Sunday, January 30, 2005 7:33:28 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Scuba875
[brSorry if I come off a little harsh but I learned the hard way. If you are doing something wrong it comes back 10 fold and when it does you have no one to blame but your self. The moral of the story live a clean life (in all aspects not just as far as drinking for me) be honest and good things will come your way.

Praise the Lord, Good things will come your way in good measure, pressed down and shaken together running over...................
The more you know, the greater your life
can be.
kadoty
Monday, January 31, 2005 2:30:24 AM
This is the 4th topic you have commented on about your feelings and this subject. If you want it to go away then stop posting the same wining crap! If you want to support him and his actions then go ahead, but don't sit behind your computer screen and lecture us about how we should support him. It is the decision of each individual to make up their own mind about it for themselves. Circling the wagons in his defense has got to be the most stupid comment I have heard you say.
kadoty
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, January 31, 2005 5:27:41 AM
Quote:

quote:

By Chris Hurley----And whether the charges are legit or not, remember, innocent until proven guilty.

Such an expression might mean something to the homeboy MCW enthusiasts but if you told that to a committee or fairboard directors, they would laugh you out of the building.

The damage is done with the arrest, Hughes competitors will use the article to their advantage.

Do some of you think the committees will want to wait until the end of the trial before they jump ship and cancel their contracs? Hell no, you know they are looking as we type, furthermore, all independent food, games and rides may be concerned about their revenue for 05. Do they stay or do they blow?

UserPostedImage
Sue
  •  Sue
  • 50.42% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, January 31, 2005 5:34:44 AM
Thank you Kadoty for expressing my feelings too. Enough already with the whining and hand-wringing. To each his own.
butterfly in reverse
Monday, January 31, 2005 6:13:07 AM
I, for one, feel like there is enough expectation for those of us who are with-it to band together when there is an accident in the industry that happens due to oversight, unintentional carelessness, or someone's stupidity, whether employee, owner, OR patron. THAT is the kind of stuff that happens to everyone, in every industry. I feel like in order to expect to be supported by the industry, you have to behave in a way that reflects the image we attempt to set forth. When media sees that we all have valid arguments and support for someone who has had an accident or incident, that is one thing and it can lend credence to our plight. But when they see that we support each other no matter what, that subtracts any credibility we may have gained. Especially when it is just another part of the stereotype we have struggled to overcome.
It shames me that the assumption is there that just because I work in this industry, I am probably into that crap. And supporting someone for being caught at it, when it already ****es me off that it's a factor? It aint gonna happen. I don't know him personally and I don't wanna make enemies, but it's crap like that that makes our fight so tough. The "big guys" in the industry should have the guts and the pride to hold themselves to a higher standard so we don't have to fight so hard to put these stereotypes to rest.
ridiculous.
And, I am no angel. But I did more of that crap BEFORE I was on the show than I EVER have on it. And that was a long time ago. Before I cared about the image, success, or reputation of this business.
I can't believe people would be so open and forthcoming about knowing what that junk sells for. Kinda surprised...
“The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right.” ~Mark Twain
squirrel
Monday, January 31, 2005 7:11:22 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by butterfly in reverse

I can't believe people would be so open and forthcoming about knowing what that junk sells for. Kinda surprised...

The only reason I posted it was to get a grip on how much money we were potentially talking about. Like you said, not everyone was perfect in their past. Not to mention that it's fairly easy to find out what an eighth goes for these days or even a dime-bag. All you have to do is take a trip into any mid to large sized city or town and you can find the stuff... In Chicago you can usually get approached about it without even opening your mouth... That's just my two cents...

2ndgencarnie
Monday, January 31, 2005 7:23:24 AM
Gay did what he did. He understands the consequences that lay in front of him. I am not trying to say what he did was right but i am saying that the personal attacks and Gary are ridiculous. His selling drugs was not ivolved with our show in any way shape or form. Talk all you see fit. Act like billy bad [system edit] behing a key board. Im just the other side of everyone elses crap. I think everyone is a buch of cowards. I know alot of people have met and spoke with Gary, and you probly kissed his butt to his face but now that he is locked up it is wide open until he gets out. Don't call me a kid, don't tell me i have alot to learn. I think maybe you all have alot to learn about loyalty, Gary took me in like i was his own. Never let me starve one time. Gave me $$ when he didn't even owe me anything to make sure i was taken care of. His personal life is just that, so leave it be. Thanks for unlocking this Matt, Gary needs more reading material.
MikeH
  •  MikeH
  • 50.24% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, January 31, 2005 10:58:47 AM
Why should anyone be loyal to a drug dealer?
bigeli
  •  bigeli
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, January 31, 2005 12:37:10 PM
Okay here's my two cents , i admire your loyalty 2ndgen , there is alot to be said about that. Like you said, he helped you out when no one else would , and it appears you will stand behind him now when no one else will . To all the angels out there , it must be exhausting to be so perfect all the time now that you've found your way , but let's not forget we ALL have slipped , tripped, and lost our way at one point in our lives. Who the heck are we to turn our backs on someone , with it or not , when they fall . If ever someone needed a friend or a kind word , surely it would be this man . Yes it tarnishes the reputation of showmen , but so does electricuting the marks , is it the first or last time a carny swung some herb , heck no ! I realize it was more like trafficking , but good god lets not hang the man out to dry . I don't depend on his reputation to make a living , and realize some do , but those who do will always find a hole . I wonder how many millions showmen cheat the IRS out of every year , or the help , does this not tarnish the industry?If we're all angels , why is there a list a mile long on "how to tell if your show has a tweaker problem" ? If we're so concerned about our image when it comes to drugs why the heck do we know so much about tweakers ? I'll step down now......
So, in a few years, if you're walking down a midway and see a Sixcat or a Swinger or a bucket, look around. You might recognize an old man with a smile on his face. Especially if he's saying, "Hey Buddy, can I ask ya?" -sixcat,circa. 2007
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, January 31, 2005 2:51:41 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by 2ndgencarnie

Gay did what he did. He understands the consequences that lay in front of him. I am not trying to say what he did was right but i am saying that the personal attacks and Gary are ridiculous. His selling drugs was not ivolved with our show in any way shape or form. Talk all you see fit. Act like billy bad [system edit] behing a key board. Im just the other side of everyone elses crap. I think everyone is a buch of cowards. I know alot of people have met and spoke with Gary, and you probly kissed his butt to his face but now that he is locked up it is wide open until he gets out. Don't call me a kid, don't tell me i have alot to learn. I think maybe you all have alot to learn about loyalty, Gary took me in like i was his own. Never let me starve one time. Gave me $$ when he didn't even owe me anything to make sure i was taken care of. His personal life is just that, so leave it be. Thanks for unlocking this Matt, Gary needs more reading material.

I was willing to help you be part of something....I gave you oppertunities to grow. I was you biggest booster at one time. I remember times you would not even pick up you sick father after he fell down or was too busy riding a ride to be bothered with the accident on yours. You didn't even have the balls to call me saying you wanted to leave the show. You just had your "flunkies "teardown your stuff and take some of mine in the middle of the nite. While you were in the next state so you "couldn't be held accountable" for my missing stuff. I'm glad Gary has a friend like you. Because when your were my " Friend" I did'nt need any enemys. I hope you bought Garys housetrailer before this all happened Because I don't think they will be letting him sell anything until they prove how he paid for it. Nick you know as well as anybody the Carnival Business needs to be subsidized by outside money. You had that Pizza shop. Gary may of had something else to help pay for his show. I don't know Him that well and really glad I decided to keep it that way.

Nick as far as loyalty is concerned your just loyal to the wrong people.You were pretty loyal to the theives who broke in the dozer. You claimed you knew nothing to the cops. But, you bragged about knowing to alot of people. Now your loyal to a alledged Major Drug dealer. I'm not knocking anyone just telling it the way it is. If Gary's unhappy for being called a Dealer that's just too bad. The truth hurts sometimes. As far as someone Kissing his***you better look in the Mirror.

One more thing did you really sell the funhouse for $2000? Good luck with the kid..........
Skywheelrider
Monday, January 31, 2005 3:19:39 PM
Funny how Pinetar singles out one line from my post to criticize out of all the other posts made. In any case, I understand that just because the Constitution says presumption of innocence (innocent until proven guilty), but unfortunately the way society is and the media is, it seems to be the opposite, guilty until proven innocent, no matter what the charges. And in some cases even if the person charged proves his/her innocence, they are still stigmatized by society, which is a shame. Some folks will think a person is guilty just because they were charged with committing a crime, and will never believe they were innocent. In this case, all I said was innocent until proven guilty. No more, no less. I am not saying he is or is not, I am not making a judgement one way or another.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Da Bair
  •  Da Bair
  • 50.18% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, January 31, 2005 3:29:52 PM
hypocrisy
hy·poc·ri·sy

1. The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness.
2. An act or instance of such falseness.

E.G. 2ndGens thread here vs. his post in this one 

UserPostedImage