2ndgencarnie
Sunday, January 30, 2005 5:26:28 AM
I would highly recomend that everyone keeps there Hughes bashing to a mininum. If you might remember, Gary was a nobody 8 years ago. Now he can fight for nearly any spot in Ohio or Indiana. He'll be back and his show will keep moving. You guysall wat to kick him when he is down and behind bars. I ivite any of you to a CTA midway to express your feelings on this situation. Hell, i wil even set up a day where we can all get together at once. CTA and Gary Hughes are not finished. The article that Hurley wrote on our show for Carnival Mag was right on the money, I still feel it was a great article, and i would hope there will be no follow up on Gary about this recent run in with the law. It has nothing to do with the show. He was at home trying to survive through the winter. I guess everyone on here is a angel from above. Before this i have never heard one bad word about Gary from this board. Now its balls to the wall. Get a life, get off your stupid computers and get into WQ's, you never know, your est spot might be our next recruit.
Bossman
Sunday, January 30, 2005 6:06:39 AM
..?..Are the charges thrumped up against Gary?..If they are, I would fight like hell if I was Gary..When was the article in Carnival?..I would like to read it..
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, January 30, 2005 12:04:39 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by 2ndgencarnie

You guysall wat to kick him when he is down and behind bars. He was at home trying to survive through the winter.

He is down and Behind bars for something he did.....It's not like it was a unfornunate accident. Unless you consider selling weed to a undercover cop a accident. ( as the artical stated ) As far as "trying to survive the winter" he picked a hell of a way to do it.
BSA Mike
Sunday, January 30, 2005 12:09:56 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by with-it

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by 2ndgencarnie

You guysall wat to kick him when he is down and behind bars. He was at home trying to survive through the winter.

He is down and Behind bars for something he did.....It's not like it was a unfornunate accident. Unless you consider selling weed to a undercover cop a accident. ( as the artical stated ) As far as "trying to survive the winter" he picked a hell of a way to do it.

lol..... thats for damn sure...
squirrel
Sunday, January 30, 2005 1:05:49 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by BSA Mike

Quote:

quote:

As far as "trying to survive the winter" he picked a hell of a way to do it.

I agree. I've been doing the winter work deal for 15 years and there are plenty of ways. Just ask da Bair -- he drives for UPS in the off season, doesn't he? That in itself shows that 'just trying to survive' is not a valid excuse. Not only that, but it definitely changes the tables if you have 'all that extra money' when it comes to buying things.

I see it like this:
57 lbs = 912 ounces @ 16 ounces in a pound.
912 ounces @ $100/ounce = $91,200.00 if sold as ounces...
912 ounces @ $35/quarter = $127,680.00 if sold as all quarters...
912 ounces @ $20/eighth = $145,920.00 if sold as all eighths...
edited == noticed wrong key

Those numbers show that over half down payment on almost any used spectacular piece offered anywhere... Not to mention how many kiddies or majors it would purchase.
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, January 30, 2005 1:08:16 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by secret.squirrel

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by BSA Mike

Quote:

quote:

As far as "trying to survive the winter" he picked a hell of a way to do it.

I agree. I've been doing the winter work deal for 15 years and there are plenty of ways. Just ask da Bair -- he drives for UPS in the off season, doesn't he? That in itself shows that 'just trying to survive' is not a valid excuse. Not only that, but it definitely changes the tables if you have 'all that extra money' when it comes to buying things.

I see it like this:
57 lbs = 912 ounces @ 16 ounces in a pound.
912 ounces @ $100/ounce = $91,200.00 if sold as ounces...
912 ounces @ $35/quarter = $127,680.00 if sold as all quarters...
912 ounces @ $10/eighth = $145,920.00 if sold as all eighths...

Those numbers show that over half down payment on almost any used spectacular piece offered anywhere... Not to mention how many kiddies or majors it would purchase.

I was wondering what the "street value" of the take was......But I let my subscription to " High Times" run out so I was not up to date on current market prices. I am sure thats just a rought estimate am I right S.S.? The price would varie on the type of weed and quality I presume?

$100,000 give or take not a bad way to "Survive the Winter".
alibiguyny
Sunday, January 30, 2005 1:28:30 PM
lol s.s. i think your math is wrong not that i would know about these things. but wouldnt a 1/8 be more money then a 1/4 because you are buying less. lol the last time i knew was there was a break in weight. but i wouldnt know about these things just common knowledge. like buying stock 1 piece might be 20 dollars but if you buy a dozen then it goes down a little .if anything the 1/8 would be more money the 1/4 lol but like i said i dont know anything just a guess from high school.
i dont smell em i just tell em......
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, January 30, 2005 1:30:58 PM
LOL man you guys are wrong for that[:p].... 2nd Gen is only defending his friend. Nothing none of us wouldnt do if it was our friend in jail. Be nice and give him a break.
alibiguyny
Sunday, January 30, 2005 1:52:07 PM
hey i stand behind him and support him and to prove it. 2nd generation please email me a list of all his spots and contact persons so i can make sure his spots dont go unplayed. i meen hell im with it. its least i can offer to do for him. if he needs me to cover any spots let me know.
i dont smell em i just tell em......
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, January 30, 2005 1:52:56 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Scott

LOL man you guys are wrong for that[:p].... 2nd Gen is only defending his friend. Nothing none of us wouldnt do if it was our friend in jail. Be nice and give him a break.

If your "Friend" was doing something wrong would'nt you try to stop it? Or atleast distance yourself from them in this case if they did not want to stop? If you ignore it your just as guilty. In this case if they are as close as 2ndgen says he would have to be blind not to know about this before hand. Thats my opinion.
MikeH
  •  MikeH
  • 50.24% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday, January 30, 2005 2:13:20 PM
Why do you think they call it Dope?

I wonder if the undercover fuzz had on the usual "Hippie from Haight Asbury 1967" disguise on?

"But your honor...I asked him if he was a Cop,and he said no.."
squirrel
Sunday, January 30, 2005 2:27:35 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by alibiguyny

lol s.s. i think your math is wrong not that i would know about these things. but wouldnt a 1/8 be more money then a 1/4 because you are buying less.

BAH... -- I hit the wrong key when I entered it and didn't notice -- was like a drive-by posting n stuff...
Skywheelrider
Sunday, January 30, 2005 3:12:27 PM
http://www.carnivalwareh.../topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8364  ). They were bored, it was slow at the fair until later in the afternoon. In fact, it was discussed that the midway really did not need to open until after 2pm or 3pm. Gary, Roger Patrick, 2ndgen, Scott Uhl with the fair, they were all very gracious hosts and I enjoyed my visit to the fair. And whether the charges are legit or not, remember, innocent until proven guilty. [/color]

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, January 30, 2005 4:11:18 PM
Is there not one guilty count already?
UserPostedImage
archived01
Sunday, January 30, 2005 5:02:03 PM
When I was out of control with my drinking and lost my DL for 2 DUIs no one cut me any slack nor should they have. No one forced me to drink like a moron and get behind the wheel of my truck. When I was arrested it was the most humiliating thing ever. My name ended up in the paper and I can remember being mad at the paper. In reality I should have been mad at myself. I realize that now but at the time I was more worried about my ego and what “people” would think. This was not a mistake that I made. I put myself in that position. I went out to drink with the purpose of tying one on that’s what an alcoholic does. I think a guy selling drugs doesn't make a mistake he is doing it to make easy money.

As far as having a though winter, who doesn't? I have been trying to get by every winter since I started in this business. Donnie goes to work for UPS as a driver to and he owns the show. I used to go to work at UPS until I got my DUIs can't work there anymore whose fault is that, MINE. None of us are immune from the winter wows in this business.

That being said I am not happy that the guy is in the situation he is. I get no joy from his misfortune but lets be honest he put himself in this situation, he is not a victim. I can understand 2gen wanting to support his friend. That is what a good friend would do. When I was in trouble over my DUIs I found out who my true friends were.

Sorry if I come off a little harsh but I learned the hard way. If you are doing something wrong it comes back 10 fold and when it does you have no one to blame but your self. The moral of the story live a clean life (in all aspects not just as far as drinking for me) be honest and good things will come your way.